joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

dude.

if they miss on Cousins they are re-signing McCown and drafting a QB at 6 or moving up.  That is an acceptable solution.

If Macc only signs McCown and Teddy and ignores QB in the 1st round he will not last the year.  He knows this.

You think this and I think this, but does Maccagnan’s boss think this? No. Maccagnan’s boss is the Sean Penn character from the Michael Douglas classic “The Game.” 

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

That's what will happen. Except idk about the firing. But if McCown is on this roster with a rookie QB, you know it will be it least until week 10 until we see the rookie. It would take an injury to McCown to see the rookie sooner. The idea that McCown will start the first month of the season and then we'd transition to the rookie is something I simply don't believe. Bowles would play McCown and say "he gives us the best chance to win". 

Best case scenario if this happens Todd Bowles is fired mid season. 

This is Idzik all over again only with an even worse head coach if that can be believed

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

DYLS1mDXkAAAeKJ.jpg:large

Ha ha ha, I was LITERALLY doing this just yesterday, pawing though the 5 dollar cds in walmart

• Haha 1

Just now, Scoop24 said:

i knew this was his destination from day 1. 

Crazy. Fully guaranteed? Contracts changed forever. 

Welp. Sup Colts?

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guy has not played in two years essentially and was not great when he did play.  He is a far worse option than mccwon imo and that is a horrifying thing to say.  (I hope none of the anti Bradford crew are okay with Bridgewater.)

I believe he did play at the end of last year.  Was fully practicing before that as well. the far worse option is mccown due to age and sucking.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Just absolute idiocy by this front office. I can’t even fathom who thinks this is a good idea. 

• Upvote 1

Well, guys, the good news is that we have a ton of cap space for the next regime to build around whoever we pick at #6 next season

• Upvote 1

Just now, jmat321 said:

how much of the cap space do we actually have to spend?  how much can we carry over?  there really is no one left to fork out big $$ to

I wish we'd over pay some up grades this year so we have them on lower deals later on. I can't imagine we could roll over more than $30M but I definitely don't have much knowledge on cap roll over.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Just absolute idiocy by this front office. I can’t even fathom who thinks this is a good idea. 

does that include teddy?

• Haha 1

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

I believe he did play at the end of last year.  Was fully practicing before that as well. the far worse option is mccown due to age and sucking.

1 game, 3 attempts , 1 int, -3 rushing yards.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

What's even better is that they are negotiating against themselves by announcing this...

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Expect nothing positive from the NY Jets and never be disappointed. 

joewilly12

that's not necessarily true.

The worst part about it starts from here. As much as it hurts missing on the top guys, or even the second tier guys at this point, the real franchise killer is overpaying for bad talent, which i think is going to start happening soon. 

That and trading up for a qb that busts is going to salt the earth for the next front office. 

What a ******* sh*t SHOW! This POS General Manager can’t even get done the one thing he’s been trying to get done this entire time. You bunch of ******* morons, you don’t deserve the money you make, you all SUUUUCK!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bridgewater hasnt played in two years, nearly had his leg amputated and was a meh QB protected by a great defense prior to the injury.

I don't mind it if we actually can't spend all our cap space. I definitely would not have high hopes for him though and would fully expect to still take a QB.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

i knew this was his destination from day 1. 

So, does this mean we still have two more days before half the board accepts that he is not coming to us.  Or is reality finally setting in.  Its not just about who has the most money.

Just now, Beerfish said:

1 game, 3 attempts , 1 int, -3 rushing yards.

@Matt39 as well

all I meant was that he has fully rehabbed his injury.  knock off the rust and see if he can beat out our rookie QB next year.  I hope he does so we dont rush our pick onto the field.

• Upvote 1

Waiting for Fuller, Johnson, Butler, Breeland, and ASJ all to sign elsewhere. Mac will pour money on Dion Lewis's and Darkwa's heads

• Like 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Sign Bridgewater and/or McCown, get on the phone with browns giants and colts. 

McCown is 39 freakin years old STOP with the old retread bullsh*t QB's here!!!!!!!

• Post of the Week 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just went from a Macc supporter to a Macc hater all in two days. I can’t stand watching all the players settle with teams and we can’t even overpay ONE to sign with us. Now Cousins is likely gone(as I suspected would happen).

TRADE UP OR GET FIRED.

George Bernard Shaw once wrote that “Youth is the most precious thing in life; it is too bad it has to be wasted on young folks.”

Welcome to adulthood.

• Like 2

TBH guys, so far Keenum’s deal is the better deal. Not too bad of a QB compared to the below par winning percentage QB everyone is raving about. Bridgewater may actually be the best value pick. I understand we have 90 mil space. But there’s always next year, as usual in Jets land. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You think this and I think this, but does Maccagnan’s boss think this? No. Maccagnan’s boss is the Sean Penn character from the Michael Douglas classic “The Game.” 

If it goes any other way I may request a wolf pack starter kit.

I can't blame NYJ and Macc for trying to land Cousins -- or even hoping to... 

But please... tell me we're not stupid enough to balk on spending money elsewhere because the Jets are naive enough to think they're still in it. @Mogglez help me understand bro. How can we not even been in the game right now. All this cheddar and no one wants to eat? 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Says Carl who washed Fitz balls for years. 

• Thumb Down 3

Just now, Lith said:

So, does this mean we still have two more days before half the board accepts that he is not coming to us.  Or is reality finally setting in.  Its not just about who has the most money.

I still don’t think they realize all Minnesota had to offer . New state of the art facility , stones throw from his home town Detroit , one of best defense in nfl , plenty of talent at the skill position , that fully guaranteed is just the cream on top . Not to mention how much he saves on taxes 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

I still don’t think they realize all Minnesota had to offer . New state of the art facility , stones throw from his home town Detroit , one of best defense in nfl , plenty of talent at the skill position , that fully guaranteed is just the cream on top . Not to mention how much he saves on taxes 

minnesota and michigan have tax reciprocity.  we have todd bowles.

• Haha 2