FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is what happened to Cleveland last year when they had huge cap space and nobody wanted any of it. The Jets have no choice but to change the personnel up top. The franchise is an absolute desert right now and needs new leadership. 

This offseason was over the second those two clowns were brought back. **** this team

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

@Matt39 as well

all I meant was that he has fully rehabbed his injury.  knock off the rust and see if he can beat out our rookie QB next year.  I hope he does so we dont rush our pick onto the field.

Who knows. He wasnt great prior to the injury aand the injury was as bad as it gets. If they bring back Mccown and sign Teddy I'm out.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is what happened to Cleveland last year when they had huge cap space and nobody wanted any of it. The Jets have no choice but to change the personnel up top. The franchise is an absolute desert right now and needs new leadership. 

Been saying this for 4 years Macc and Bowles are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Just now, Paradis said:

I can't blame NYJ and Macc for trying to land Cousins -- or even hoping to... 

But please... tell me we're not stupid enough to balk on spending money elsewhere because the Jets are naive enough to think they're still in it. @Mogglez help me understand bro. How can we not even been in the game right now. All this cheddar and no one wants to eat? 

How an NFL gm did not have a viable plan B is beyond me. If you can't get cousins, which the Jets clearly leaked that they knew was a huge obstacle, then go hard after building an OL. At least then you give a qb you draft a fighting chance. Instead we are being strung along like a gopher being used for leverage. Get me out. 

So everyone has been saying Cousins will sign with the Vikings for weeks and now people are shocked he's signing with the Vikes?

Other than Cousins the only FA that has reportedly signed that even hurts a little is Richburg and if we get Jensen then it doesn't hurt at all.

Butler, Trumaine, Jensen, Jon Brown..  If we don't get some of this then it's time to think about the panic button.

But does that really change anything in regards to FA? We'd still have to get most guys through trades like the Browns have done. We need those picks right now to trade up.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

So everyone has been saying Cousins will sign with the Vikings for weeks and no people are shocked he's signing with the Vikes?

Other than Cousins the only FA that has reportedly signed that even hurts a little is Richburg and if we get Jensen than it doesn't hurt at all.

Butler, Trumaine, Jensen, Jon Brown..  If we don't get some of this then it's time to think about the panic button.

Nothing matters without a QB. Signing a couple of CBs to exhorbatant money didn't work out the last time Macc did it either. Thet also wouldn’t have to address the swamp known as an offensive line if he had any clue on how to draft or manage a roster. 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

So everyone has been saying Cousins will sign with the Vikings for weeks and now people are shocked he's signing with the Vikes?

Other than Cousins the only FA that has reportedly signed that even hurts a little is Richburg and if we get Jensen then it doesn't hurt at all.

Only people shocked apparently are the Jets brass as they sat on their hands waiting for him to decide, and did nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

So everyone has been saying Cousins will sign with the Vikings for weeks and no people are shocked he's signing with the Vikes?

Other than Cousins the only FA that has reportedly signed that even hurts a little is Richburg and if we get Jensen than it doesn't hurt at all.

Oh look, it’s Zombie Pac.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Panic button already hit. Burton and A-Rob to the bears, Richburg to the 49ers, Landry to the Browns, Watkins to the chiefs, ASJ leaving, Cousins to the Vikings, Anderson to prison, Norwell to the Jags, pack up our season is over buddy.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who knows. He wasnt great prior to the injury aand the injury was as bad as it gets. If they bring back Mccown and sign Teddy I'm out.

Right. But sign Teddy and get a QB in the draft. If Mac does all 3 (Teddy, McClown, rookie QB) you know McClown will take every snap until he gets injured again. ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Jensen/Long, Butler, Johnson, Honey Badger, P. Richardson, Williamson, Bridgewater...

We better here about at least 2 of these guys being signed by the end of the day or so God help me...

I’m with it man bring home Sheldon . Atleast me enjoy having my Quality 3-4 DE’s back together .  Offense gonna be super trash again 

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

But does that really change anything in regards to FA? We'd still have to get most guys through trades like the Browns have done. We need those picks right now to trade up.

You’ve got to make the franchise marketable and it currently not, at all, to anyone. When you see this kind of systems failure taking place, this goes beyond players just preferring to go elsewhere. This is a case where agents don’t even take your money seriously. 

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

There's nobody out there worth spending any more on anymore. Which means we are going to dump tons of money into average players. Lovely

I want us to buy players on bad contracts at this point. Vernon at 3 years $60M would be a nice move.

If the reports are true and Cousins is going to Minnesota then the Jets need to immediately approach the Brown at 1 and the Giants at 2 and offer them whatever it takes to move up and get the QB they want. Then, since now you're saving $30 million in cap space, they need to immediately go out and get the best Center, WR, TE , ILB, Edge rusher and CB's on the market and secure their services. **** being fiscally responsible. If that's not done Macc needs to be walked out of the building. Like i said earlier, he has NO BALLS to make the big move. 

You’ve got to make the franchise marketable and it currently not, at all, to anyone. When you see this kind of systems failure taking place, this goes beyond players just preferring to go elsewhere. This is a case where agents don’t even take your money seriously. 

Players care about stats. Guarantees and performance = future security.  Who the Hell would come to the Jets unless it was their last contract? It's like flushing your future earnings down the crapper.

Archived