FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, according to @SenorGato i was a moron for thinking that hitting your next pay day in 3 years was more important than a few extra milly on the front... ultimately, that's what this deal was all about. Wanting to maximize value over 3 years to land pay day v.2 at 33 for 120+ again. Better chances of maintaining and improving value in MIN over NY

thems is the breaks Gato

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

If the reports are true and Cousins is going to Minnesota then the Jets need to immediately approach the Brown at 1 and the Giants at 2 and offer them whatever it takes to move up and get the QB they want. Then, since now you're saving $30 million in cap space, they need to immediately go out and get the best Center, WR, TE , ILB, Edge rusher and CB's on the market and secure their services. **** being fiscally responsible. If that's not done Macc needs to be walked out of the building. Like i said earlier, he has NO BALLS to make the big move. 

Yea I agree make Jensen the highest paid C in the league and then go out and sign the top 2 CBs and see if we can take on some bad contracts for teams that need cap space.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Now, according to @SenorGato i was a moron for thinking that hitting your next pay day in 3 years was more important than a few extra milly on the front... ultimately, that's what this deal was all about. Wanting to maximize value over 3 years to land pay day v.2 at 33 for 120+ again. Better chances of maintaining and improving value in MIN over NY

thems is the breaks Gato

Gato was just wishfully thinking this entire time and didn’t want to come to grips with what everyone was telling him. Same thing with Buffalo moving up. All his nightmares are coming true and I feel bad for the guy.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I agree make Jensen the highest paid C in the league and then go out and sign the top 2 CBs and see if we can take on some bad contracts for teams that need cap space.

What we need to do is stop hiring pussies to run this franchise. That's what we need to do.

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

thems is the breaks Gato

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Players care about stats. Guarantees and performance = future security.  Who the Hell would come to the Jets unless it was their last contract? It's like flushing your future earnings down the crapper.

You know what it also says? That all those veterans who have cycled through here the past four years have spread the word in every locker room in the league that the Jets franchise is garbage from the inside out.

44 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Bridge to who?

the next HC's QB... Jake Fromm, Drew Lock, Jarrett Stidham????

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When do the Jets start leaking that they weren’t really interested in Cousins?

once Kirk signs and refuses to visit JETS

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guy has not played in two years essentially and was not great when he did play.  He is a far worse option than mccwon imo and that is a horrifying thing to say.  (I hope none of the anti Bradford crew are okay with Bridgewater.)

i have been saying this same thing Bridgewater was never anything to get excited about and is a huge question mark 

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Kirk has proven to be the Revis of QBs

it was always about him.  he wasn't highly recruited out of high school, wasn't drafted high and the redskins ignored him for years.  now he's filming a documentary.  it's all about him, it's a revenge tour.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

You know what it also says? That all those veterans who have cycled through here the past four years have spread the word in every locker room in the league that the Jets franchise is garbage from the inside out.

It will be quite interesting to see if Wilkerson cleans up his act next season.  Quitting veterans is not a good look.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That's why you don't wait until your franchise QBs last contract year to extend. That way you have a little more leverage as they get an immediate raise while still under your control. I don't think the full guarantees will become a huge trend for that reason.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

it was always about him.  he wasn't highly recruited out of high school, wasn't drafted high and the redskins ignored him for years.  now he's filming a documentary.  it's all about him, it's a revenge tour.

Revenge of the Nerds: Kirk Cousins

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The hell with Kirk Cousins time to move on. 

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I want Paul Richardson, not Sheldon.

But f*ck it, might as well bring back Sheldon, too.

Why do people want to give Richardson any money, when we have a better, cheaper, bigger version of him already on the roster?

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mo will get the benefit of the doubt now for sure after this embarassment. Would it be unprecedented for a GM to resign in disgrace?

5 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

I honestly feel worse about missing out on Norwell, Richburg and the WRs then I do about Cousins. 

The failure to get a primo OL guy and good WR is at this point total dereliction. The holes have to be filled, they have the money, you cannot fill it all in the draft. Who is running this ship into the iceberg, Fred Wilpon? 

Archived