FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

Just now, gEYno said:

Jags are a toss up?  Did you see how the Jags finished the season?

Colts are a possibility based on what happens w/ Andrew Luck.

Bears, maybe.  Not sure what makes you think we can beat the Titans?

4-5 wins isn't hard. Plus you never know how a team will look, who gets hurt, etc etc. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

It sucks, but you think Philly is upset about giving up "too much" for Wentz?

Mac won't draft the next Wentz, we'll get the worst of the bunch I'm sure of it. For every Wentz story there's a Jake Locker, Trubisky Story

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Scary thing is that I look at this schedule and see plenty of wins. The division seems weak enough.  Jags, Pats, Packers and Vikings are tough enough games, but the rest?  Eh.

Sure, there are a lot of games that aren't definite losses.  But, do you think Vegas would make us the favorite in any of them?

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Jags are a toss up?  Did you see how the Jags finished the season?

Colts are a possibility based on what happens w/ Andrew Luck.

Bears, maybe.  Not sure what makes you think we can beat the Titans?

We beat the Jags this year so I don't think it's crazy to think that is a possibility especially if we are a better roster. I don't think 4-6 wins is remotely outrageous.

Guys, lets all settle down (i'm talking to myself here) and just try to focus on the reality.  This is year 1 of the rebuild.  You cant sign every big name FA on the market with 90 mill in cap space.  You have to be judicious in your approach.  Cut Big Mac some slack.  Look at what he inherited.  BB himself couldnt turn this around in one offseason. 

Jet up, bitches! 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

We beat the Jags this year so I don't think it's crazy to think that is a possibility especially if we are a better roster. I don't think 4-6 wins is remotely outrageous.

We did beat the Jags, but it was early in the season, and if you look at how that game went, it looks super flukey, especially the not down by contact TD run.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Guys, lets all settle down (i'm talking to myself here) and just try to focus on the reality.  This is year 1 of the rebuild.  You cant sign every big name FA on the market with 90 mill in cap space.  You have to be judicious in your approach.  Cut Big Mac some slack.  Look at what he inherited.  BB himself couldnt turn this around in one offseason. 

Jet up, bitches! 

Leave.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Jet up, bitches! 

i think we'd all be on board if they wind up getting a real qb and have a plan for offense.  but the reality is that this franchise has basically ignored offense in the past decade, they HAVE NOT ADDED ONE DECENT PLAYER ON OFFENSE IN THE FIRST OR SECOND ROUNDS OF THE DRAFT IN THE PAST 10 YEARS.  that's why nobody wants to come here.  

Can't wait till Macc signs three corners a year after drafting two safeties and JN explodes. Will also be fun to see the reaction to him signing two QB's, drafting a third, and cutting one guy he traded up for and another he overdrafted in the second.

I actually think FA will turn out fine although it is pretty annoying that they couldn't just go land Robinson or Watkins with the most cap space in the league. Nothing else has been that bad yet.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

We did beat the Jags, but it was early in the season, and if you look at how that game went, it looks super flukey, especially the not down by contact TD run.

The NFL is fluky like that. I don't think we will be a worst team than this past year. I just don't see how adding more players doesn't net us a similar win total.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Like I said, the number is over a 4 year period.  I misspoke and the next period ends in 2020, which makes sense since that is when the CBA expires.  Each team needs cash spending of 89% over that 4 year period.  You can't know the amount until you know the cap figure for the final year, which has not been set yet.  It is totally irrelevant because 1. the only punishment is to spend the money.  2.  it is subject to manipulation -for instance by changing future salaries to bonus. 3. It goes to the NFLPA, not the league office. 

I saw Jason OTC suggest that the Jets *should* (but don’t have to) spend around $50 mil this offseason to stay on pace or something.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

The NFL is fluky like that. I don't think we will be a worst team than this past year. I just don't see how adding more players doesn't net us a similar win total.

Of course, but there's not a team in the NFL, if that's the way you want to approach it, that you couldn't get to 4-5 wins.

How many games will the Jets be favored in Vegas?

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Now, according to @SenorGato i was a moron for thinking that hitting your next pay day in 3 years was more important than a few extra milly on the front... ultimately, that's what this deal was all about. Wanting to maximize value over 3 years to land pay day v.2 at 33 for 120+ again. Better chances of maintaining and improving value in MIN over NY

thems is the breaks Gato

considering that Senor is like wrong 96.8% of the time, color me unimpressed.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I’ve said it before, poor Adams has no idea who drafted him...

As much as I hate to defend Wilkerson but all of the losing does impact players. Look at ShelRich who came into the league with much the same attitude of Adams...he won DROY for christsakes. These guys aren't used to losing at any level of football, they come in bright-eyed and then rack up the losses while seeing how players are basically treated like pieces of meat by owners. It's no wonder that they run into trouble and become disenfranchised. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jet up, bitches! 

It's his fourth year.  When does the rebuild start, year 10?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I saw Jason OTC suggest that the Jets *should* (but don’t have to) spend around $50 mil this offseason to stay on pace or something.

The Jets don't use USDs anymore. Going forward they conduct all their business in ASJs. So according to Jason, the Jets need to spend around 12.5 ASJs.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Guys, lets all settle down (i'm talking to myself here) and just try to focus on the reality.  This is year 1 of the rebuild.  You cant sign every big name FA on the market with 90 mill in cap space.  You have to be judicious in your approach.  Cut Big Mac some slack.  Look at what he inheritedBB himself couldnt turn this around in one offseason. 

Jet up, bitches! 

Reminder that this is year 4 for Macc 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

considering that Senor is like wrong 96.8% of the time, color me unimpressed.

No joke, I held out hope that the Jets were going to sign Cousins, but the fact that Gato was such a strong supporter of it worried the hell out of me.

He's a good guy, but he is never right.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Of course, but there's not a team in the NFL, if that's the way you want to approach it, that you couldn't get to 4-5 wins.

How many games will the Jets be favored in Vegas?

How many games were we favored in this past year? We aren't really losing major pieces. I am pretty confident our CBs will be the same if not better. It's had to imagine getting worse then the 35th ranked center regardless of who plays there. ASJ IMO is a big loss but apparently people don't feel the same way so let's say we call that neutral. Davis is likely our biggest loss if he does leave.

I just can't see the roster being worse than last year. That isn't taking in an optimistic approach where Enunwa and Winters come back from injury. I'm not claiming 8-8 here, 4 wins is more than attainable.

Archived