joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Colvin to the texans. We are entirely incapable of signing someone we want to sign. 

17 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Lmao...Bridgewater’s played only a handful of snaps in the past two years coming off a horrific knee injury....that’s our ‘plan’? I’d rather have McCarron or Foles.

Can’t wait for the announcement of the terms...we’ll probably shell out $10 mil/yr.

Only the NYJ.

Foles??? Foles isn't a free agent. The Eagles want a 1st round pick for him. Foles is the only  option worse than Bridgewater!

Foles??? Foles isn't a free agent. The Eagles want a 1st round pick for him. Foles is the only  option worse than Bridgewater!

Seen reports they’d take a 2nd...I’d offer our 3rd and see what happens.

Bridgewater was ‘meh’ before his injury...agree want no part of him now. Foles wouldn’t be ideal either but he has played recently on the big stage and did quite well at least

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My love for Teddy in 2014 as a prospect can't bring me to dislike him.

It will likely be my downfall.

Bridgewater is a great guy.  But what the hell can anyone expect of him?  It took him almost 15 months just to get cleared to practice.  

I’m at the point if I am Chris Johnson that I go defense at #6 and let the new GM and HC pick a QB next year.  

I can handle rebuilding but what has happened to this team since they drafted Hackenberg has been pretty close to unforgivable.

We obviously should have cleaned house last January.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

Bridgewater is a great guy.  But what the hell can anyone expect of him?  It took him almost 15 months just to get cleared to practice.  

I’m at the point if I am Chris Johnson that I go defense at #6 and let the new GM and HC pick a QB next year.  

I can handle rebuilding but what has happened to this team since they drafted Hackenberg has been pretty close to unforgivable.

this is what happens when you can't admit to yourself that the guys you drafted suck.  tanny reupped on sanchez and didn't draft wilson.  mccags ignored qb last year b/c he thought hack and/or petty would develop.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Pcola said:

If Chris Johnson forbids Macc from taking a QB in the first, he'll quit on principal. Give him the perfect out from this disaster when he knows he's getting tossed at the end of the year anyway.

You know what. Brilliant idea. Up vote for you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Sounds like Mac lost out on Lee to Jax.  

allen robinson is better when healthy.  lee is a jag, literally and figuratively.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is what happens when you can't admit to yourself that the guys you drafted suck.  tanny reupped on sanchez and didn't draft wilson.  mccags ignored qb last year b/c he thought hack and/or petty would develop.  

In my fantasy league I was targeting Bradford and Clive Walford a few seasons ago as cheap bench insurance (big league with huge rosters). The other owner told me "sorry, Bradford and Walford are untouchable." Talk about falling in love with your draft! Moral of the story I think I could beat Macc in fantasy. :P

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not at all.

Teddy + pick sounds likely.

If this is the case, the rookie better be ready to start opening day.  And having at least 3 teams in front of us picking a QB, you know who we are going to end up with, and you know he won’t be ready to start.

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Shows what he knows.  He's off the market too.

He definitely fits the “no offense” motto.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

He definitely fits the “no offense” motto.

At least he rebounds well. That’s something the Jets can’t do when plan A doesn’t work.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m finding myself OK with Bridgewater. Wanted him coming out of the draft .. just don’t want him starting.

Go up and get a QB.

Move up for Rosen, or stay put for Lamar Jackson.

As for Bridgewater, it'll make for a great story if he manages to play and play well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

As for Bridgewater, it'll make for a great story if he manages to play and play well. 

Agreed. Personally, I like Jackson a lot. IMO he has been wildly under-rated by the so-called experts.

Just read Buffalo has made public its intention to try to trade into the top 5. If so, the Jets may need to include a 2019 first or second round pick to move up. Unless, the trading team thinks it can only trade back a few spots to get the player it wants in round 1.

• Upvote 1

Give me Fuller and Breeland/Claiborne, trade for Bryant and an EDGE rusher, Jansen, Suh or Richardson, bring back Davis and Ill be happy. Jets are getting none of those players

Edit: Trade up and draft a QB, draft a RB, TE, or OL with remaining picks

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Agree 100 about Rosen.

Hell no twice to Jackson.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

LOL Sam Bradford gets 1 year 20m (15m) guaranteed from the Cardinals

I just took my kid out of college and booked him a spot at a local quarterback camp.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed. Personally, I like Jackson a lot. IMO he has been wildly under-rated by the so-called experts.

Just read Buffalo has made public its intention to try to trade into the top 5. If so, the Jets may need to include a 2019 first or second round pick to move up. Unless, the trading team thinks it can only trade back a few spots to get the player it wants in round 1.

Yes stay at 6 and draft Lamar Jackson. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agree 100 about Rosen.

Hell no twice to Jackson.

You're wrong about Jackson. The kid is for real. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

You're wrong about Jackson. The kid is for real. 

I don’t think I am, but i’ll wait until he plays in the pros to either eat my crow or toot my horn.

If somehow all 4 of the top QB's are drafted before we pick at #6 then Lamar has to be heavily considered.  We would be better off trading back to take him but you can't risk it.