FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Last time the Jets had this much money in FA, MAcc made splash signings and it blew up.

So this time he's going to spread the money around to fill as many holes as he can. So it makes sense that the Jets aren't making splashy moves

the last time the jets had no qb, MAcc signed fitzpatrick.  then he signed mccown.  now he signed bridgewater.  3 wrongs don't make a right.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Last time the Jets had this much money in FA, MAcc made splash signings and it blew up.

So this time he's going to spread the money around to fill as many holes as he can. So it makes sense that the Jets aren't making splashy moves

Well so far his "Spreading" has filled Zero holes. We would be less toxic to Free agents, if we set a Franchise up in Chernobyl.

We will be over paying Teddy Bridge after all the best FA QB's are already signed. A one legged QB whos not thrown a ball in 3 years SOJ.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He did that before and it didn;t work. How quickly people forget

Oh no I didn't forget, he did this last time too, all the good players signed elsewhere and we got the old broken or just flat out trash players like Skrine and Cro. We lost out on McCourty, Kareem Jackson, Orakpo, Iupati, Hughes, and others before getting the day 2-5 scraps

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well the gm just lied to the fan base not more than a few days ago then.  Which is fine i suppose.

Just now, Sully80 said:

Oh no I didn't forget, he did this last time too, all the good players signed elsewhere and we got the old broken or just flat out trash players like Skrine and Cro. We lost out on McCourty, Kareem Jackson, Orakpo, Iupati, Hughes, and others before getting the day 2-5 scraps

Wrong. He splashed on Revis Skrine Marhsall and Cro

You said 3 wrongs dont make a right. The first two werent' wrongs if he got great years out of them

your shortsightedness is exactly why the jets are where they are.  the front office thinks year to year, which is why they are afraid to draft and develop qbs, why they prefer veterans on offense and why they draft defense.  every single move they make is intended to minimize the chance of embarrassment, but what it ultimately does is limit the upside.  right now there is no upside on this offense.  they have no pass rushers.  this is what wins games.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

your shortsightedness is exactly why the jets are where they are.  the front office thinks year to year, which is why they are afraid to draft and develop qbs, why they prefer veterans on offense and why they draft defense.  every single move they make is intended to minimize the chance of embarrassment, but what it ultimately does is limit the upside.  right now there is no upside on this offense.  they have no pass rushers.  this is what wins games.  

That's because you guys won't let up and let them draft and develop QBs

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which makes sense too. Jets fans want the quick fix. It ain't coming

No jets fans want competent management and coaching and a real plan instead of saying 'we have plan' and then stumbling around. 

Cleveland seems to 'have a plan'  Buffalo seems to 'have a plan' if the jets have a plan they are not executing he plan.

Just now, Beerfish said:

No jets fans want competent management and coaching and a real plan instead of saying 'we have plan' and then stumbling around. 

Cleveland seems to 'have a plan'  Buffalo seems to 'have a plan' if the jets have a plan they are not executing he plan.

Well with Woody in charge they aren't getting that, so hope for the best with what you have.

Wrong. He splashed on Revis Skrine Marhsall and Cro

All of whom were old when we signed them with the exception of Skrine. Revis was still dominant but everyone expected 1-2 years of good Revis tops, traded for Marshall and signed bum ass Skrine and finished Cro. I'm not wrong at all. He signed 0 in their prime players with again the exception of Skrine who was never good in the first place

That's because you guys won't let up and let them draft and develop QBs

actually that's all we real fans want, we want to do what other successful teams do - take calculated risks, draft qbs, draft wrs, draft rbs, and play them.  we prefer this route to bringing in our offense from other teams.  we have had enough of farve/fitz/mccown and jones/LT/forte and marshall/edwards/decker.  let's grow our own offense.

Just now, Sully80 said:

All of whom were old when we signed them with the exception of Skrine. Revis was still dominate but everyone expected 1-2 years of good Revis tops, traded for Marshall and signed bum ass Skrine and finished Cro. I'm not wrong at all. He signed 0 in their prime players with again the exception of Skrine who was never good in the first place

Because there were none in that market. I remember that clearly. Revis was the top player on the market. You shope with what you have. The Giants have gone through the same thing. They splashed and got nowhere.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

actually that's all we real fans want, we want to do what other successful teams do - take calculated risks, draft qbs, draft wrs, draft rbs, and play them.  we prefer this route to bringing in our offense from other teams.  we have had enough of farve/fitz/mccown and jones/LT/forte and marshall/edwards/decker.  let's grow our own offense.

Well then speak up and don't fly banners and buy billboards.

Very active doesn't mean splash moves. You're smarter than that

What do you call a splash move?  Is getting the best players called 'splash'?  We don;t want to 'splash' so we will settle for a host of fair to bad players and probably end up overpaying them.

YOu should be happy. You love misery

No I'm not, I've followed this team since 82. I've flown thousands of miles to watch them. This is a Draft to sign our future QB, and we are signing Teddy one knee Bridgewater. Although I guess it's the fans fault again is it? - Perhaps you should get MAX Pissed again so you get a ban and give us all some peace from your trolling!

Archived