FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

hack isn't making the team and mccags signing teddy is an admission of this.  hack is done.

This is likely true.  Petty is clearly done.

Mac is in love with his second round picks.  If he admitted that they were both toast, he would be pretty certain to know that he will have a new QB next year, either above 6 or at the end of the 1st round/top of the second.  My guess is that a QB is drafted somewhere along the line, just don't know where.  It will be hard for the Jets to pass on Chubb, or Barkley, or Nelson over Allen.  

This team is way too far away to spend money on premium free agents that everyone always admits were overvalued.  That is fine by me.  The best thing Mac can do is try and find some OL and CBs that can be with the team for the next 3-5 years.  2018 is looking like a lost year, so the Jets should push as much money as they can into 2019 and beyond.  Hopefully they can get a QB this year, but that will require trading of picks.

No FA with options will sign up for this dumpster fire at almost any price.  Mac should be able to run a mini-leftover draft and upgrade the roster with second contract players.  The Jets should not be wasting any more on players older than 27.

But the fact that they had to sign 2 QBs when they already had Hack on the roster is pretty damning.  

The Dolphins and Bills are very excited.   They are seeing Mac asleep at the wheel and an opportunity to offer less for picks 2-4.  

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stoicsentry said:

Robinson looks like he'll land with the Bears. Landry's already off the board. Even a combo of Bridgewater + McCown probably costs less than Cousins.

What are the Jets actually gonna do with this $$$?

Roll it over into next year, when the team is better, our rookie QB has some games under his belt and the future is much brighter.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

After going thru Idzik and Macc. I low key have new appreciation for Tannenbaum . Dude atleast had a pulse . 

This, Trader Mike had balls. Idzik and Mac are nerds who just sit on their money and picks.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is what how you feel? You are okay with this? HOW CAN YOU BE OKAY WITH THIS?

I'm okay with this because I became a sports fan for the actual show and socializing. At the end of the day, I'm going to be alive after this even if the worst thing happens.

I'm still alive. My life is not dependent on that. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm okay with this because I became a sports fan for the actual show and socializing. At the end of the day, I'm going to be alive after this even if the worst thing happens.

This isn’t okay. None of what you just said matters when it comes to the future and success of this team. That’s what I’m focused on. The “actual show” is an actual sh*t show as long as this keeps up.

This isn’t okay.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

This isn’t okay. None of what you just said matters when it comes to the future and success of this team. That’s what I’m focused on. The “actual show” is an actual sh*t show as long as this keeps up.

This isn’t okay.

I don't care. What I care about is people going nuts over something that doesn't really matter. This is supposed to be fun. YOu don't make it fun. Sports are supposed to be fun. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't care. What I care about is people going nuts over something that doesn't really matter. This is supposed to be fun. YOu don't make it fun. Sports are supposed to be fun. 

No, the Jets don’t make it fun. I take this sport and this team very seriously. We obviously are on different wave lengths.

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. You telling and lecturing people, who are genuinely upset with the direction of the team, how they should feel or how their negativity just means that they "love negativity and misery" isn't fun. 

Patriot Killa is right.  You should be banned if that's how you are going to continue.

Just now, Mogglez said:

No. You telling and lecturing people, who are genuinely upset with the direction of the team, how they should feel or how they're negativity just means that they "love negativity and misery" isn't fun. 

PatriotKilla is right.  You should be banned.

For having a different view than you? Segregation much?

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

YOu shouldn't. You'll be happier

If this is how you feel then why don't you just leave?  Really.  You claim you don't take any of this seriously, and yet you do what you do on a daily basis and post on football forum, something that only like 5% of football fans do because they're pretty dedicated to the team they follow.  

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

YOu shouldn't. You'll be happier

Been obsessed with this team and the success of it since I was born and I’m not going to quit now, if the Jets made different decisions such as the one i’m scolding them for, then maybe it wouldn’t matter how much I emotionally invested because I would be happy either way

Just now, Mogglez said:

If this is how you feel then why don't you just leave?  Seriously.  You claim you don't take any of this seriously, and yet you do what you do in a daily basis and post on football forum, something that only like 5% of football fans do because they're pretty dedicated to the team they follow.  

Two reasons:

1. This is why I got into sports. To be more social with people.

2. I'm stubborn. If I leave, T0M Shane and others like him win. And I can't have that.

At the very least QB room of McCown, Bridgewater and Blue Chip QB prospect is a upgrade over McCown,Petty and trash can QB we drafted 2 years ago

if the jets don’t get the prospect tho . I’ll be starting my fire Macc and Bowles chants early . No other position or player makes sense at 6 this year . 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Two reasons:

2. I'm stubborn. If I leave, T0M Shane and others like him win. And I can't have that.

This is just toxic.

Wow.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Two reasons:

So you stay in spite of other members? Lol. News flash bro. T0m Shane doesn’t care if you stay or leave. He doesn’t have some kind of personal vendetta with anyone. He’s just a funny ass dude who tells you where you F up at like I am..I’m just not as creative as him.

learn to socialize better if that’s why you got into sports.

Archived