FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Lol you want me to sing Mac's praises I won't Johnsons a decent signing, I would've preferred Fuller who is 26 years old more in line with the rest of our core. 

I've been killing Macc all day but even I have to admit that signing the consensus top free agent CB is a great move. The first thing you do is post about how he's old and not very good. That's the definition of a troll.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I've been killing Macc all day but even I have to admit that signing the consensus top free agent CB is a great move. The first thing you do is post about how he's old and not very good. That's the definition of a troll.

I said I could get behind it, I never said I hated the signing

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trumaine Johnson.. first pick up I feel good about.

Trumaine Johnson finished #1 in press-man effectiveness with an 84% "in position" rate. He allowed just 43 yards all season in press.

This just means Bowles will have him play 10 yards off the receiver. 

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trumaine Johnson.. first pick up I feel good about.

Trumaine Johnson finished #1 in press-man effectiveness with an 84% "in position" rate. He allowed just 43 yards all season in press.

C'mon bro.  You know nyjunc wants to throw out these types of stats :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Does Jordy have anything left? Lackluster season with Rodgers throwing him the ball

I'd rather get a younger dude in here.  At his age I'm sure he wants to go to a better team with a shot at the SB.

Just now, prime21 said:

I'd rather get a younger dude in here.  At his age I'm sure he wants to go to a better team with a shot at the SB.

Forgot about the Rodgers injury when I posted that but I feel the same way, trade market is where I want a WR, the remaining FAs are old or JAGs

23 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Lol you want me to sing Mac's praises I won't Johnsons a decent signing, I would've preferred Fuller who is 26 years old more in line with the rest of our core. 

I believe Fuller is a Restricted Free agent. So, signing him would require that the bears decline to match and would cost the Jets a draft pick.

And Johnson is 23 months older than Fuller. It's anyone's bet as to which players game will fade due to age first.

Only Safety worth discussing is Matthieu who can play the slot. This guy is old and started on the terrible Chiefs defense so I can't imagine he's any good because if he was between him and Peters, their pass defense would've been a lot stronger.

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I believe Fuller is a Restricted Free agent. So, signing him would require that the bears decline to match and would cost the Jets a draft pick.

And Johnson is 23 months older than Fuller. It's anyone's bet as to which players game will fade due to age first.

I see what you're saying but I'd rather bet on the 26 year old than the 28 year old. Its a transition tag so the Jets wouldn't lose a pick the bears just have a right to match any offer given to him. 

Edit: I don't dislike the signing, we filled a need, but I'm not in love with Trumaine, hopefully there is an out after 2-3 years

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

I see what you're saying but I'd rather bet on the 26 year old than the 28 year old. Its a transition tag so the Jets wouldn't lose a pick the bears just have a right to match any offer given to him. 

Does it matter that Johnson is 6'2" and a beast?

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Does it matter that Johnson is 6'2" and a beast?

I don't not like the guy I just don't love the guy, I'll get behind it. If he's shutting guys down this year like a true #1 I'll eat my words. I'm just concerned as to whether he can keep it up into his early 30s.

Just now, Scoop24 said:

I know y’all like to clown his leadership . But I love the pride Adams shows in wearing the Green and White .  Guy Is out here trying to recruit everybody lol

I do too, hoping he has a monster year this season

8 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Edit: I don't dislike the signing, we filled a need, but I'm not in love with Trumaine, hopefully there is an out after 2-3 years

But the tag means waiting a week to see what the bears would do.  So you risk losing other top CB free agents because of the wait.

Archived