FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It actually will tho...McCown, Teddy and who? A Rookie or Hack? I mean this just isn’t good for me. The rookie won’t even see the field this year AGAIN. 

You know what? What if the FO feels Hackenberg has improved this offseason?? We may not even pick a QB with the 6th pick

Not a bad day for the Jets. Started off that way but getting Teddy on a 1 year deal basically assures that the Jets are still looking QB in the 1st round of the draft. I wish they could have got him for 2 years and passed on McCown but it is what it is.

Trumaine Johnson was a really good signing. I can live with Crowell. I would still like to see them resign Davis and either resign Claiborne or sign a guy like Breeland to play across from Johnson.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Not a bad day for the Jets. Started off that way but getting Teddy on a 1 year deal basically assures that the Jets are still looking QB in the 1st round of the draft. I wish they could have got him for 2 years and passed on McCown but it is what it is.

Trumaine Johnson was a really good signing. I can live with Crowell. I would still like to see them resign Davis and either resign Claiborne or sign a guy like Breeland to play across from Johnson.

Breeland is gone to the Panthers

Breeland signing for Panthers I believe

Breeland went to Washington. I think Claiborne resigns. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It actually will tho...McCown, Teddy and who? A Rookie or Hack? I mean this just isn’t good for me. The rookie won’t even see the field this year AGAIN. 

This is what I’m wondering. Do the Jets carry four QBs again? I really didn’t expect them to cut Hack, and I don’t like the idea of McCown and/or Bridgewater being enough at the position to pass in the first round. 

1 minute ago, aagarcia said:

You know what? What if the FO feels Hackenberg has improved this offseason?? We may not even pick a QB with the 6th pick

Nobody in organization believes in hack., that’s pretty clear from there recent comments on him .. 2 QBs on 1 yr deals tells you they probably aren’t the future . Gotta draft one of the 4 blue chip prospects . That’s completes QB  group gives you now and future . 

Just now, slats said:

This is what I’m wondering. Do the Jets carry four QBs again? I really didn’t expect them to cut Hack, and I don’t like the idea of McCown and/or Bridgewater being enough at the position to pass in the first round. 

I don’t think they are going to pass

Just now, CotcheryifyouCan said:

fwiw cimini and manish both tweeted that the plan is mccown/bridgwater/rookie qb in the first. i just wish the rook would get a shot. knowing bowles the rook will get no snaps 

Do you guys really think the reason Bowles didn't play Petty or Hack was because they are rookies?

If a rookie can play, he'll get snaps.

1 minute ago, slats said:

They sure didn’t seem like they were going to cut Hack before these two signings. It’s just really confusing for me. I don’t understand ... like ... if you are already saying McCown is the starter...why is Bridgewater on our team instead of just having the #1 round rookie back him up? Really it should be vise versa with McCown backing the rookie up but whatever..still just makes zero sense for me.

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Do you guys really think the reason Bowles didn't play Petty or Hack was because they are rookies?

no he played mccown to win 4-5 games when everyone thought we would win 1 so he could save his job. he should of started one of them for the betterment of the team to get a top 3 pick.

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

To be fair to Bowles, he gave Hackenberg every chance in pre-season to win the starting job. He was just dire. 

Petty started to have a chance, then got injured. By the time he was back, Mccown was in and doing a solid job. And Petty showed later he was far from being good enough. 

There's hundreds of things to criticise Bowles for. Not playing Hackenberg isn't one of them, in my humble opinion. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

They sure didn’t seem like they were going to cut Hack before these two signings. It’s just really confusing for me. I don’t understand ... like ... if you are already saying McCown is the starter...why is Bridgewater on our team instead of just having the #1 round rookie back him up? Really it should be vise versa with McCown backing the rookie up but whatever..still just makes zero sense for me.

Agreed. MCCown or Bridgewater. But both ? I thought the interest in Bridgewater was just cover in case McCown wasn't a done deal.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Are any of these rookies plug and play IYO?

depends what our oline looks like but rosen,darnold,mayfield i would roll the dice with. even start them after the bye? idk i just want a young qb for a change. for how much sanchez sucked the start of his career was a hell of a lot of fun just for the promise

3 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

no he played mccown to win 4-5 games when everyone thought we would win 1 so he could save his job. he should of started one of them for the betterment of the team to get a top 3 pick.

You just agreed with me.  The rookies were unplayable.  if we get a rook that can play, he'll play.

9 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

Expect a 4 QB training camp battle. Hackenberg or Bridgewater will be waived by the end of training camp.

Hackenberg shouldn't even make it to TC. 

He isn't accurate enough to run the scout team.

Chriatian "lack of"  Hackuracy.

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

honest questions cause im a huge rosen fan too. if they draft him are u still upset? cause i will if hes not at least number 2 in camp

Rosen would be the most talented QB out there. No way they redshirt him he’d force his way to #1

and I would not be upset,no, I want a rookie. I’m mad that we have two vets

Archived