FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Beyond idiotic to me. Wtf are they thinking man? W.T.F

I honestly think they:

- Absolutely planning on drafting a quarterback in round 1.

- Want Bridgewater to be healthy enough to start next year.

- Covering their bases if Bridgewater’s leg implodes and the rookie isn’t ready, by signing McCown.

10 million for McCown on a one year deal ks basically equivalent to $1.00 USD. We aren’t using all of our cap space this year and McCown’s $ won’t affect next years cap.

Both on 1 year deals mean they expect their draft pick to completely take over in 2019, possibly have Bridgewater as a backup, and maybe McCown as our QB coach.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Beyond idiotic to me. Wtf are they thinking man? W.T.F

Only way I riddle it out is that they are going a Rookie QB high in the draft and all it takes is McCown to be injured and all we have on the roster is the rookie. So they have depth in Bridgewater so that situation never happens, that the rookie isn't exposed to being the only QB on the roster and with no experience.

Petty and Hack are out. 

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly think they:

- Absolutely planning on drafting a quarterback in round 1.

- Want Bridgewater to be healthy enough to start next year.

- Covering their bases if Bridgewater’s leg implodes and the rookie isn’t ready, by signing McCown.

10 million for McCown on a one year deal ks basically equivalent to $1.00 USD. We aren’t using all of our cap space this year and McCown’s $ won’t affect next years cap.

Both on 1 year deals mean they expect their draft pick to completely take over in 2019, possibly have Bridgewater as a backup, and maybe McCown as our QB coach.

You give me slight hope..I pray to god that a high first round QB is in our plans...

Just now, The Walrus said:

Only way I riddle it out is that they are going a Rookie QB high in the draft and all it takes is McCown to be injured and all we have on the roster is the rookie. So they have depth in Bridgewater so that situation never happens, that the rookie isn't exposed to being the only QB on the roster and with no experience.

Petty and Hack are out. 

Hack has to be out. I knew Petty was as good as gone but that surprised me. I thought they even publicly said that he would have a chance to show something this year. 

• Trumaine Johnson is old for a team rebuilding.  The Jets should have signed someone younger.   This tells me that Bowles is still trying to find DBs for his defense while the rest of the defense and team rots.
  • One of Teddy or McCown I can see.  Hack could have theoretically been QB 3 or QB2 for the next two years, with potentially producing a comp pick when he moved on (or trade value if he got his act together).  Signing the two of these QBs tells me that not only are the Jets admitting defeat on McCown, but they are willing to pay $10mm to avoid having him play, which is completely ridiculous.  IMO, if the rookie, Hack and veteran can't make it work, they should tank and then try again for a QB.  But...they are doing the same thing over again-with the 1-2 year CB and QBs, they will win more games than they should, and draft below 5 again, further kicking the QB can down the road.
  • I hope they do not trade their next year's first to move up.   They will need a Center in FA.
  • We blame MacBowles for this dumpster fire.  Chris Johnson was photographed leaving the facility.  He is in every meeting and approves the strategy.  I hope he does not expect season ticket sales to go up.  

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

You give me slight hope..I pray to god that a high first round QB is in our plans...

Im being optimistic, but if they don’t draft someone I have no hope for this gm/coach, and even less that ownership will find good replacements.

But I think based on these 1 year deals, they KNOW they have to draft one.

17 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

Expect a 4 QB training camp battle. Hackenberg or Bridgewater will be waived by the end of training camp.

Yall really think Petty won't get waived before Hack?

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They sure didn’t seem like they were going to cut Hack before these two signings. It’s just really confusing for me. I don’t understand ... like ... if you are already saying McCown is the starter...why is Bridgewater on our team instead of just having the #1 round rookie back him up? Really it should be vise versa with McCown backing the rookie up but whatever..still just makes zero sense for me.

4 QB's is a good thing.  Competition in camp.  Three guys for two spots.  

6 minutes ago, morny said:

Has there been any rumours at all about Ryan Jensen? Sounds very quiet on his front. 

Same with the likes of Claiborne, Demario Davis etc...

Jensen is what I have been waiting on. Jets need to give him everything he could ever desire so we can trade up if we have to.

Just now, TnT said:

Hopefully we’re just paying McCown 10 mil to come in and coach.

Hopefully the players will be addressing him as Coach McCown.

That would be a gross waste of money. Whats the point of our coaches if McCown is there to coach? Whats the deal with having the guru Bates as the QB COACH if McCown is the coach? Stop with this player coach nonsense. Other teams don't need it/do it. McCown is here because he was decent last year and Bowles is a bum who can't handle young players. Bowles is prehistoric in his methodology and its going to cost him his job.

1 minute ago, pointman said:

That would be a gross waste of money. Whats the point of our coaches if McCown is there to coach? Whats the deal with having the guru Bates as the QB COACH if McCown is the coach? Stop with this player coach nonsense. Other teams don't need it/do it. McCown is here because he was decent last year and Bowles is a bum who can't handle young players. Bowles is prehistoric in his methodology and its going to cost him his job.

We did it with Brunell for the Sanchize.

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Wait, are you talking about Bridgewater's deal with us?? Its only $5m?? No way.

its a 5 mil deal. with incentives to get to 6. but very little of it is guaranteed which means he can be cut at any point with little impact.

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

1. It was a joke

2. McCown was f#cking trash last year.

I think the Jets Master "Strategy" is to not overpay to move up in the first round and will let the draft come to them.  If one of the top QBs do not fall to them, they are happy with Chubb or Nelson and maybe Minkah as a corner.   

They will look for a QB in the second if they do not get one in the first.

Do I think this works?  Depends.

I do think that the Bills and/or Dolphins trade up if necessary, and Darnold, Rosen AND Mayfield are not there at 6.  Maybe Allen, who is widely understood not to be a WCO QB.  The Jets can trade the pick then I guess.  

They may be very confident they can draft a Center, given that they have not signed one.  

They definitely march to their own beat.  

Archived