FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lith said:

Almost makes me feel bad for all the bitching and whining I did earlier today.  Almost.

I don't feel bad at all there's still some low key resentment but he can make it all go away with a few more signings. Let's start with Kyle Fuller and Ryan Jensen.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't feel bad at all there's still some low key resentment but he can make it all go away with a few more signings. Let's start with Kyle Fuller and Ryan Jensen.

Fuller got the transition tag from the Bears -- he is not likely going anywhere.  But absolutely would love to see us close out the day with Jensen.  Would be a big win.

Rotoworld

Williams just turned 26 last week and was the top free-agent inside linebacker on the market. A 59-game starter for the Titans the last four seasons since being drafted in the fifth round, Williamson had a breakout 2017, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 3 inside linebacker, behind only Luke Kuechly and Bobby Wagner. Williamson received elite marks for his run defense.

Wonder how much room there is left. Would love another outside corner and Matthieu (cut Skrine) to ensure they don’t touch the secondary in the first. Probably need a DL but that can come pretty cheap. Wouldn’t hate Trent Murphy. Jensen seems like a must. Sign Pugh cut Carpenter. A TE (Eifert maybe if ASJ goes) and a WR (Moncrief?). 

Then go out, get a franchise QB in the first, and draft offense offense offense (maybe a pass rusher mixed in). Is that too much to ask?

Probably. I can daydream though.

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I haven't heard anything different, so yes, I would assume this is the end for both Petty and Hackenberg and a rookie will fill out the depth chart.

And for 2019, the Jets, at best, have one QB.  

2 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Curious to see how much Jets have left after today. Still need Oline, TE and WR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess around $50mm.  We came in with $92mm according to Spotrac.  Mccown, Bridgewater and Johnson probably eat up about $30mm.  Another $10 or so for Crowell and Williamson would put us about $50mm.  

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Johnson's is getting 15m per year. The two QBs combined are getting 15m. SO that's 30. 

Maybe they can make it work. Skrine/Carpenter would save 10 or 11 I think which would partially offset the cost of upgrades. Some of those guys aren’t going to be too expensive.

As boring as signing defense is every defensive guy they sign gives me hope they might finally draft offense.

Just now, derp said:

Maybe they can make it work. Skrine/Carpenter would save 10 or 11 I think which would partially offset the cost of upgrades. Some of those guys aren’t going to be too expensive.

As boring as signing defense is every defensive guy they sign gives me hope they might finally draft offense.

If we get the honey badger he would replace Skrine. They do need a center.

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Wonder how much room there is left. Would love another outside corner and Matthieu (cut Skrine) to ensure they don’t touch the secondary in the first. Probably need a DL but that can come pretty cheap. Wouldn’t hate Trent Murphy. Jensen seems like a must. Sign Pugh cut Carpenter. A TE (Eifert maybe if ASJ goes) and a WR (Moncrief?)

Then go out, get a franchise QB in the first, and draft offense offense offense (maybe a pass rusher mixed in). Is that too much to ask?

Probably. I can daydream though.

Moncrief is reportedly signing with Jax.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Class act played his ass off last season was hoping he could be re-signed team leader. 

Yea same. I wouldn't be against signing him if he doesn't get offered a lot on the open market. I am happy with the moves we've made so far. Jensen, Fuller, and Honey Badger would be an amazing haul.

The Avery Williamson signing seems good, don't know much about the guy but he's 26 and people are saying "great fit for the 3-4"; so OK, no problems there.

The McCown signing doesn't bother me; so long as we draft a quarterback.

The Trumaine Johnson signing is annoying - we're not competing for anything next year, why sign 28 year old cornerbacks?  He does fill a need at a premium position, so I can handle it.

The Isaiah Crowell signing, I mean, whatever.  Do I give a sh*t?  No.  

TEDDY F***ING BRIDGEWATER!  WTF!  Are we not drafting a quarterback?  I reserve the right to freak-the-f***-out if we don't draft a quarterback because of Teddy Bridgewater.  

It was a disappointing day, although it ended better than it started with the Corner and the ILB signing.  Zach Fulton is still on the market I believe, I'd like us to sign him.  

We all know this offseason hinges on acquiring a quarterback.  If we walk away with Darnold, Baker, Rosen or Lamar - I'm happy.  If the Bills trade-up ahead of us for JP Losm-  I mean Josh Allen, I'll be ecstatic.  If we take Josh Allen, I'll be thoroughly discouraged.  If we pass on quarterbacks for a position player because we signed Teddy F***ing Bridgewater than I'll be joining the League of Shadows and taking down Gotham from my base of operations in the sewer system.

Archived