Jump to content
joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Give me Claiborne, Jensen, and a first round QB and I'll back off the cliff....

 

 

 

...maybe.

I'd be ok with Jensen and the QB. I'm not tired to Claiborne and think macc can find a similar talent like he did with Williamson over Davis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

TEDDY F***ING BRIDGEWATER!  WTF!  Are we not drafting a quarterback?  I reserve the right to freak-the-f***-out if we don't draft a quarterback because of Teddy Bridgewater.  

You're a logical guy with good posts.  Think it through for a second...

McCown and Bridgewater for 1 year deals at modest prices and you think the Jets aren't going to draft a QB?

Those signings are practically SCREAMING they're taking a QB either at 6 or moving up for one.

9 hours ago we had people actually theorizing no players would come here because of Macc lol.. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile the giants don't seem to know what they're doing. They took a bad offensive line and made it significantly worse. 

Then added a slow, past his prime RB.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Class act played his ass off last season was hoping he could be re-signed team leader. 

Loved Demario.

We upgraded pretty big time though.  Wish the guy the best of luck as long as he doesn't go near anyone in the division.  Great guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'd be ok with Jensen and the QB. I'm not tired to Claiborne and think macc can find a similar talent like he did with Williamson over Davis.

I think a 1-2 punch of Claiborne and Johnson is ideal for the outside, but if they think there is someone better, I'm all for it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think a 1-2 punch of Claiborne and Johnson is ideal for the outside, but if they think there is someone better, I'm all for it.

Agreed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Meanwhile the giants don't seem to know what they're doing. They took a bad offensive line and made it significantly worse. 

Then added a slow, past his prime RB.....

Spot on.  Maccagnan had me so ticked off earlier I couldn't enjoy the moronic moves the NYG made

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pac said:

You're a logical guy with good posts.  Think it through for a second...

McCown and Bridgewater for 1 year deals at modest prices and you think the Jets aren't going to draft a QB?

Those signings are practically SCREAMING they're taking a QB either at 6 or moving up for one.

9 hours ago we had people actually theorizing no players would come here because of Macc lol.. 

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honey Badger, Cut Buster (what a weird name). 

Sign Jensen. 

Sign Eifert. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

I was stuck trying to understand it for a long ass time, myself. I think because they both have injury issues, Macc didn’t want to just sign one with the chance that a rookie has to play with no one behind him if one goes down. I HOPE that’s the idea. I PRAY that’s the idea. Still trying to f*cking grasp this odd situation we have given ourselves. Whatever though, they just need to make sure we have our future QB come draft day. I do believe the length of the contracts mean something though. 1 year on both of them means that they understand we have nothing going forward UNLESS we draft said rookie QB...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

McCown is prone to getting injured.  Bridgewater is a capable backup (being paid like a backup) and could potentially resurrect his career here.

The only unknown is whatever rookie they draft on day 1.  If for example they draft Josh Allen then you've protected yourself from being forced to play him on before he's ready.

When we missed out on Cousins all we can ask is for the Jets is to draft a QB in round 1, set up a fair QB competition, and play the best guy.  I was worried about the Bridgewater signing until I saw it was a 1 year, low $ deal. 

They're setting up a scenario where they are surrounding a rookie with perhaps the best character QB room in the business.  If Bridgewater does well this year then next year you resign him and you have the rookie and bridgewater for the next 5 years.

Throw in Trumaine, Crowell, and Williams and this was a good day in Jet land.

If we corral Jensen then we've had a very nice FA period.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the idea of rookie vs Bridgewater in training camp. McCown will sit out the preseason again and Hack will need to fight for reps. If both Teddy and the rookie look good then maybe you get lucky and swing him for a draft pick.

This may sound stupid but I feel way more comfortable introducing a rookie QB to this team than I did this time last year. I wonder who we have our sights on. I don't really want to trade up but man it would be nice to kinda cock block a division rival.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I post this. Probably not a priority as far as free agency goes but as some point please sign Jeremiah Attaochu  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

 

 

 

I prefer our QB situation to theirs although I despise the McCown signing. From the outside looking in it looks as if were not kidding ourselves that we're a Bradford away from the playoffs, unlike the Cardinals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Give me Claiborne, Jensen, and a first round QB and I'll back off the cliff....

 

 

 

...maybe.

Get he honey badger to play the slot and cut that POS Skrine PLEASE. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Hell yes it does. This is a bargain compared to that

I'm with you. I'll take McCown for $10 mil all over Bradford for $20. Cards are so entralled with Bradford they're planning on signing. Mike Glennon as well. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Meanwhile the giants don't seem to know what they're doing. They took a bad offensive line and made it significantly worse. 

Then added a slow, past his prime RB.....

So here's a thought...perhaps crazy but still...

The Giants lost out on Norwell, lost Richburg, and with Pugh and Fluker also free agents their bad OL is now suddenly a dumpster fire.  Like perhaps the worst in the NFL. 

So...without much help in FA, they need to address it in the draft and not in a small way.  Which leads me to my idea.  #2 is too high to take any of the OTs this year, and too high for Nelson, but trading down a bit could get them both.

Say they traded from #2 to #6 and picked up our #37 and our 3rd rounder and maybe a #2 next season.  #6 is probably the perfect spot for Nelson.  And they can use a lower pick to move up from #34 to grab one of the OTs that get into the bottom of round 1 or just wait and pick up a guy who makes it to that pick.  Then #37 is still high enough to get one of the top RBs or maybe a Center like Ragnow.  It's an almost immediate booster shot for their offense that it badly needs.  If they take a QB they are pretty much writing off the season and wasting Eli's last good year or two but fixing the OL in one draft would be pretty nice.

I don't think Nelson will still be available at #12, so that makes trading with BUF a lot more difficult.  And the fact that they were so high on Norwell makes me think Nelson would be high on their draft board.  Frankly, I think it's a trade that really works for both teams and would be a perfect 'first trade ever' between the teams.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Appreciate the vote of confidence in my sanity, but the logic you put forth here is the exact logic I used to justify bringing back McCown.  

Drafting both has my spider-senses going off.  I might be paranoid and you might have it right.  But signing two of them... you know... it just doesn't seem necessary... I'm trying to understand it.  I will reserve judgment on those two until the draft happens.  

It's call INSURANCE .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jansen, Fuller, Richardson or Suh?, Honey Badger for Skrine swap if he becomes available 

Trade a low round pick (5th-7th) to the Lions for Eric Ebron, has a big cap hit for this season (8 mill) which is why the Lions want to dump him but is just 24 and gives you everything ASJ or Burton would. 

Trade up into the top 2 or 3 for a QB and draft OL or WR with the rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t see this on here, but this was pretty funny.

9C5D62D4-9377-4A2E-B293-ED99E4A12F20.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So here's a thought...perhaps crazy but still...

The Giants lost out on Norwell, lost Richburg, and with Pugh and Fluker also free agents their bad OL is now suddenly a dumpster fire.  Like perhaps the worst in the NFL. 

So...without much help in FA, they need to address it in the draft and not in a small way.  Which leads me to my idea.  #2 is too high to take any of the OTs this year, and too high for Nelson, but trading down a bit could get them both.

Say they traded from #2 to #6 and picked up our #37 and our 3rd rounder and maybe a #2 next season.  #6 is probably the perfect spot for Nelson.  And they can use a lower pick to move up from #34 to grab one of the OTs that get into the bottom of round 1 or just wait and pick up a guy who makes it to that pick.  Then #37 is still high enough to get one of the top RBs or maybe a Center like Ragnow.  It's an almost immediate booster shot for their offense that it badly needs.  If they take a QB they are pretty much writing off the season and wasting Eli's last good year or two but fixing the OL in one draft would be pretty nice.

I don't think Nelson will still be available at #12, so that makes trading with BUF a lot more difficult.  And the fact that they were so high on Norwell makes me think Nelson would be high on their draft board.  Frankly, I think it's a trade that really works for both teams and would be a perfect 'first trade ever' between the teams.

 

I think there is a very real chance the Broncos take Nelson at 5 and go QB in the 2nd. The Giants may need to take Nelson at 2 if they want him. It would be glorious if teams didn't want to trade out because they want a particular player.

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Giants - Nelson

3 - Colts - Chubb

4 - Browns - Allen

5 - Broncos - Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield

6 - Jets - QB

 

I think those are the players these teams want, there is some movement that can happen. Giants trade with Broncos could make a lot of sense but idk if Elway wants to move up or not. Colts trading with the Jets makes a lot of sense because I think Chubb will be there at 6. Could shake down like this:

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Broncos - QB

3 - Jets - QB

4 - Browns - QB

5 - Giants - Nelson

6 - Colts - Chubb

 

That said if the Bills blow the doors off a trade they could probably convince the Broncos to move back, I think they could get up to #3 but that depends on what the Colts want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good teams: "We're bringing in some guys who are going to compete."

Jets: "Please sign Josh we promise you the starter spot."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think there is a very real chance the Broncos take Nelson at 5 and go QB in the 2nd. The Giants may need to take Nelson at 2 if they want him. It would be glorious if teams didn't want to trade out because they want a particular player.

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Giants - Nelson

3 - Colts - Chubb

4 - Browns - Allen

5 - Broncos - Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield

6 - Jets - QB

 

I think those are the players these teams want, there is some movement that can happen. Giants trade with Broncos could make a lot of sense but idk if Elway wants to move up or not. Colts trading with the Jets makes a lot of sense because I think Chubb will be there at 6. Could shake down like this:

1 - Browns - Barkley

2 - Broncos - QB

3 - Jets - QB

4 - Browns - QB

5 - Giants - Nelson

6 - Colts - Chubb

 

That said if the Bills blow the doors off a trade they could probably convince the Broncos to move back, I think they could get up to #3 but that depends on what the Colts want to do.

I'd never bet on Macc to win a bidding war for an actual in-demand asset. He'll balk and lose out on the trade with the Colts to someone bolder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'd never bet on Macc to win a bidding war for an actual in-demand asset. He'll balk and lose out on the trade with the Colts to someone bolder.

That could very well happen but if you read my post that is contingent on teams in the top 6 liking particular prospects and not necessarily wanting to trade down too far. If a team is looking to just add as many picks as possible then yea Bills are the likely trade partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That could very well happen but if you read my post that is contingent on teams in the top 6 liking particular prospects and not necessarily wanting to trade down too far. If a team is looking to just add as many picks as possible then yea Bills are the likely trade partner.

I hear ya. My point is that it doesn't matter how much you like a DE or OL if some desperado offers you two 1sts, two 2nds and a handful of later picks to move down 10 spots, you do it.

Macc will stick to the trade chart. Bills (Dolphins, whoever) will pay what it takes. Maybe unwisely but I don't see Jets coming out with a top 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

I hear ya. My point is that it doesn't matter how much you like a DE or OL if some desperado offers you two 1sts, two 2nds and a handful of later picks to move down 10 spots, you do it.

Macc will stick to the trade chart. Bills (Dolphins, whoever) will pay what it takes. Maybe unwisely but I don't see Jets coming out with a top 5 pick.

I could see the Jets offering 6, 37, 2019 1st + other picks to get up to 3. I think the Bills have the ammo to beat that but it comes down to are they willing to give up that much and are the Colts willing to drop out of the top 10? I think the Broncos are the prefect trade partner for the Bills. This is the most exciting draft process I've been around in a really long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I could see the Jets offering 6, 37, 2019 1st + other picks to get up to 3. I think the Bills have the ammo to beat that but it comes down to are they willing to give up that much and are the Colts willing to drop out of the top 10? I think the Broncos are the prefect trade partner for the Bills. This is the most exciting draft process I've been around in a really long time.

A QB with potential is like stripper to a virgin. Desperate teams will pay whatever it takes to get her out of there and “rescue” her. Objectivity and trade charts mean nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...