joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

I just need us a QB come draft day. Please please please let that happen and I might understand a little better what’s going on. Still not feeling good at all about McCown being named the starter on March 13th...wtf is that?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just need us a QB come draft day. Please please please let that happen and I might understand a little better what’s going on. Still not feeling good at all about McCown being named the starter on March 13th...wtf is that?

It means that even Josh effing McCown was willing to take less money to go elsewhere absent this odd guarantee of playing time and that making it public/leaking it was a key condition of him signing. We just let Josh McCown make game day decisions because Macc and Bowles knew they couldn't survive that final embarrassment.

Macc and Bowles have no control.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

This is what I’m wondering. Do the Jets carry four QBs again? I really didn’t expect them to cut Hack, and I don’t like the idea of McCown and/or Bridgewater being enough at the position to pass in the first round. 

I hope that Mac, Bowles and Hack are all in the same Uber when it crashes into the Hudson. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

I hope that Mac, Bowles and Hack are all in the same Uber when it crashes into the Hudson. 

And let's hope Sully isn't the driver

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

WHO said that?

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

It means that even Josh effing McCown was willing to take less money to go elsewhere absent this odd guarantee of playing time and that making it public/leaking it was a key condition of him signing. We just let Josh McCown make game day decisions because Macc and Bowles knew they couldn't survive that final embarrassment.

Macc and Bowles have no control.

I’m really upset over it bro..like...how do you tell this man he’s the starter before FA even truly begins? No competition? No regard for his age and the need to find the future? No regard for success? I’m just disgusted tbh...Macc is really testing my loyalty to the team

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m really upset over it bro..like...how do you tell this man he’s the starter before FA even truly begins? No competition? No regard for his age and the need to find the future? No regard for success? I’m just disgusted tbh...Macc is really testing my loyalty to the team

Mac is actually a double agent placed here by Kraft. It’s the only logical explanation for this sh*t show since he’s been the GM.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fitzpatrick 2.0

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

hahahaha that's ****ed up and wrong.  but it made me laugh. hard.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

YES. this.

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Mac is actually a double agent placed here by Kraft. It’s the only lgicel explanation for this sh*t show since he’s been the GM.

I’m honestly convinced at this point.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

6-10 here we come!!!!!

th?id=OIP.7_cAbL0Xvck690a53kREZgHaE3&pid

Feels like blatant disrespect. Idk about y’all. Feels like Macc said F you fans. F what you been needing for 50 years. I do this thing my way, regardless of the circumstances.

• Confused 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Feels like blatant disrespect. Idk about y’all. Feels like Macc said F you fans. F what you been needing for 50 years. I do this thing my way, regardless of the circumstances.

yup. That's exactly what he said.  With Josh Mother ******* McCown.  Kill me now. Put me out of my misery.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Even before the draft! I mean just... wow.

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Macc is a risk-averse pusscake. Like @Sperm Edwards said: he's the Todd Bowles of NFL GMs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Even before the draft! I mean just... wow.

There has to be something wrong with that one. Maybe it’s just a false wide spread rumor surrounding the signing? Idk man. I can only wishfully think at this point.

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s all over the place. They legit told the man he will start.

I don’t believe it, not until I can see the milk is pure from that cow.

4 minutes ago, NYJets8 said:

I don’t believe it, not until I can see the milk is pure from that cow.

Odd analogy but I feel you. 

5 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Sup with the lack of news on enunwa. 

He's been promised by Bowles to be the starting Left Tackle 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

I'd like Jensen, Eifert, Claiborne & Matthews tmw. thanks!

add Mathieu... Draft Mayfield & I'm good.

• Upvote 1

Terrell Pryor had his best season as a pro with the Browns (2016)

77 receptions, 1,007 yards, 4 TDs. 

Josh McCown was one of his QBs & Crowell was a teammate. 

Sign this beast already

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Josh McCown was his QB. 

He’s a free agent. 

I'll kick the tires.

• Upvote 1

I have settled down some what though. Taken a step back from the edge, ya’know? Think signing Jensen and a few other really exciting/young productive names will ease the pain. Like the Pryor idea tbh. Maybe not built like a #1 but with a west coast system, timing routes over the middle matter a lot and with a speedy guy like that who has good hands? You can do a lot with that. 

FA wish list going into Wednesday for me would be....

Ryan Jensen

Morris Claiborne/Kyle Fuller/EJ Gains

Terrell Pryor/Moncrief

Some sort of young OLB with upside..have no idea who is out there.

Honey Badger(I know it’s unlikely tbh)

And anyone else they grab that’s worth signing would just be a bonus for my outlook on FA so far. In the end just get gets that can immediately help this team and strengthen our roster with talent and upside. That’s all I can ask for. Make calculated moves in volume.

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Josh McCown was one of his QBs & Crowell was a teammate. 

Sign this beast already

Similar skillset to Nutty Anderson. Definitely more effective going deep. Wouldn’t be bad to have him in place in case we’re not interested in investing in RA.

But he’s gotta show he’s willing to work on route running....not just some ol’ “go to the red Buick and cut in” type sh#t.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I have settled down some what though. Taken a step back from the edge, ya’know? Think signing Jensen and a few other really exciting/young productive names will ease the pain. Like the Pryor idea tbh. Maybe not built like a #1 but with a west coast system, timing routes over the middle matter a lot and with a speedy guy like that who has good hands? You can do a lot with that. 

Ryan Jensen

Morris Claiborne/Kyle Fuller/EJ Gains

Terrell Pryor/Moncrief

Some sort of young OLB with upside..have no idea who is out there.

Honey Badger(I know it’s unlikely tbh)

And anyone else they grab that’s worth signing would just be a bonus for my outlook on FA so far. In the end just get gets that can immediately help this team and strengthen our roster with talent and upside. That’s all I can ask for. Make calculated moves in volume.

Glad to hear.

Jansen

Mo

WR/OLB/D-Line depth/O-Line depth

Pryor wouldn’t be half bad.

Moncrief is said to being going to JAX

8 minutes ago, TnT said:

Glad to hear.

Jansen

Mo

WR/OLB/D-Line depth/O-Line depth

Pryor wouldn’t be half bad.

Moncrief is said to being going to JAX

Definitely need a pass rushing OLB with some upside. That has to be on the target list. It would make our defense so much more aggressive and quick on the point of attack instead of big slow run stuffing and no coverage over the middle to be found. Get us someone who can bend the corner. Avery Williamson was an awesome signing and should replace the run stopping ability of DD. But where is the pass rush coming from? Definitely need someone decent enough to take on that role and preferably someone who can permanently take on that role.

Ealy and Xavier Cooper should be solid DE depth signing and will provide awesome rotational value.should resign them both. Wouldn’t mind finding a relatively young stop gap option to replace Wilkerson if we can find someone. 

As I said, really betting on getting Jensen and having elite center play for the first time since Mangold held it down as great as he did. Sign maybe a young guy to play behind a starting G and then obviously we can have some flexibility in the draft when looking for guys who can come in and provide depth, themselves without reaching for one. I do however believe we won’t cut Carpenter until after the draft...it will depend on who we come out with and how the positions depth looks in May.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ryan Jensen

Morris Claiborne, LSU

Terrell Pryor

Barkevious Mingo, LSU

Honey Badger, LSU

This is my list ^^^ 

It adds (3) more LSU Tigers to the team, which goes a long way toward locker room chemistry.  I’ve already pointed out that Pryor has previous CLE teammates currently on the roster (in McCown and Crowell), we could add Mingo to that list as well. In terms of money, he just played for the Colts for $2M, so I’m sure we could bait him to our roster with some dollars. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely need a pass rushing OLB with some upside. That has to be on the target list. It would make our defense so much more aggressive and quick on the point of attack instead of big slow run stuffing and no coverage over the middle to be found. Get us someone who can bend the corner. Avery Williamson was an awesome signing and should replace the run stopping ability of DD. But where is the pass rush coming from? Definitely need someone decent enough to take on that role and preferably someone who can permanently take on that role.

Ealy and Xavier Cooper should be solid DE depth signing and will provide awesome rotational value.should resign them both. Wouldn’t mind finding a relatively young stop gap option to replace Wilkerson if we can find someone. 

As I said, really betting on getting Jensen and having elite center play for the first time since Mangold held it down as great as he did. Sign maybe a young guy to play behind a starting G and then obviously we can have some flexibility in the draft when looking for guys who can come in and provide depth, themselves without reaching for one. I do however believe we won’t cut Carpenter until after the draft...it will depend on who we come out with and how the positions depth looks in May.

Boom. The ‘original’ Arden Key

• Like 1