Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


joewilly12
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely need a pass rushing OLB with some upside. That has to be on the target list. It would make our defense so much more aggressive and quick on the point of attack instead of big slow run stuffing and no coverage over the middle to be found. Get us someone who can bend the corner. Avery Williamson was an awesome signing and should replace the run stopping ability of DD. But where is the pass rush coming from? Definitely need someone decent enough to take on that role and preferably someone who can permanently take on that role.

Ealy and Xavier Cooper should be solid DE depth signing and will provide awesome rotational value.should resign them both. Wouldn’t mind finding a relatively young stop gap option to replace Wilkerson if we can find someone. 

As I said, really betting on getting Jensen and having elite center play for the first time since Mangold held it down as great as he did. Sign maybe a young guy to play behind a starting G and then obviously we can have some flexibility in the draft when looking for guys who can come in and provide depth, themselves without reaching for one.

Pass rushing OLB might be something we go for in the draft...I don’t really see an impact guy available.

Agreed on Ealy and Cooper...the price tag would be just right.

 

Let me ask you this...do you find it odd that most of the other signings today have a yr, and total, and guarantee $ attached...but our signings don’t have all three?

Crowell yr

Johnson yr amount

Williamson none

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on the reasoning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

How is Mingo’s production the past few years? I remember when he was drafted and then never really payed attention afterwards. I’d welcome that signing if he can play some ball.

Oh it’s horrible. He went from CLE to NE to IND, and after five years in the league he’s managed 9.0 sacks. But he’s young, has great bend, and first round pedigree. If we’re taking cheap flyers I’m not sure you can beat his upside for under $4M. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely need a pass rushing OLB with some upside. That has to be on the target list. It would make our defense so much more aggressive and quick on the point of attack instead of big slow run stuffing and no coverage over the middle to be found. Get us someone who can bend the corner. Avery Williamson was an awesome signing and should replace the run stopping ability of DD. But where is the pass rush coming from? Definitely need someone decent enough to take on that role and preferably someone who can permanently take on that role.

Ealy and Xavier Cooper should be solid DE depth signing and will provide awesome rotational value.should resign them both. Wouldn’t mind finding a relatively young stop gap option to replace Wilkerson if we can find someone. 

As I said, really betting on getting Jensen and having elite center play for the first time since Mangold held it down as great as he did. Sign maybe a young guy to play behind a starting G and then obviously we can have some flexibility in the draft when looking for guys who can come in and provide depth, themselves without reaching for one. I do however believe we won’t cut Carpenter until after the draft...it will depend on who we come out with and how the positions depth looks in May.

Just saw Mingo...and I’d like that as well...27 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, slats said:

This is what I’m wondering. Do the Jets carry four QBs again? I really didn’t expect them to cut Hack, and I don’t like the idea of McCown and/or Bridgewater being enough at the position to pass in the first round. 

Hack is going to the practice squad and will then be puffed up rather than trying to keep him hidden ("We like him a lot. He's progressing well. But we have a few guys that are more ready now.") and when he's signed away by another team (probably Houston), it will act as a small face-safe for Macc (see, someone else does see the potential) before Hack is flushed down the memory hole forever.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hack is going to the practice squad and will then be puffed up rather than trying to keep him hidden ("We like him a lot. He's progressing well. But we have a few guys that are more ready now.") and when he's signed away by another team (probably Houston), it will act as a small face-safe for Macc (see, someone else does see the potential) before Hack is flushed down the memory hole forever.

See this is where I miss NFL Europe that would allow a guy like this go and better his skills.  I hope the spring league brings this back.  I believe this is part of the reason QB and O Line play does not improve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

See this is where I miss NFL Europe that would allow a guy like this go and better his skills.  I hope the spring league brings this back.  I believe this is part of the reason QB and O Line play does not improve.

His ceiling is 3rd stringer. Not worth any more thought really. Although I do hope he goes somewhere else and develops into a backup or better just to highlight Bowles' incompetence even more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please baby Jesus don’t let us be in on this ....
Report: Broncos fielding calls about trading Trevor Siemian
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2018, 5:03 AM EDT

Getty Images
With Case Keenum moving in as Denver’s new starting quarterback, at least one of the three quarterbacks who started last year will move out.

The most likely candidate is Trevor Siemian. The Denver Post reports that the Broncos are expecting to trade Siemian and have already fielded calls from interested teams.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/14/report-broncos-fielding-calls-about-trading-trevor-siemian/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That is a really good f'ng deal for a player like Williamson.

Curious as to whether they made an offer to Davis, and if so...how much more was he asking for?!

 

But yes, great value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Terrell Pryor had his best season as a pro with the Browns (2016)

77 receptions, 1,007 yards, 4 TDs. 

Josh McCown was one of his QBs & Crowell was a teammate. 

Sign this beast already

Yes Pryor could help this very weak WR corps sadly we are discussing signing Cleveland players......

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

 


Love this signing the most and at that price it’s even better. Young up and coming player.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Basically got a player who can consistently perform at (or even outperform) Demario Davis's 2017 level of play, except he just turned 26 and wasn't as expensive.

39 minutes ago, TnT said:

Curious as to whether they made an offer to Davis, and if so...how much more was he asking for?!

 

But yes, great value.

My guess is after the Chiefs signed Anthony Hitchens to that ridiculous contract he wanted somewhere between 8.5-9 million per year.  He was great last season, no doubt about it, but, just as I said above, not only is Williamson as good, if not better, he's younger and more consistent.  I don't care how good of a year Davis had.  You don't give a 30 year old ILB that type of money.  Especially when his only good-great season came in his contract year.

  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

How is Mingo’s production the past few years? I remember when he was drafted and then never really payed attention afterwards. I’d welcome that signing if he can play some ball.

Would rather have Jeremiah Attaochu than Mingo. Jerry's issues are injuries but productive when healthy. Mingo is just not an edge pass rusher. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Basically got a player who can consistently perform at (or even outperform) Demario Davis's 2017 level of play, except he just turned 26 and wasn't as expensive.

My guess is after the Chiefs signed Anthony Hitchens to that ridiculous contract he wanted somewhere between 8.5-9 million per year.  He was great last year, no doubt about it, but, just as I said above, not only is Williamson as good, if not better, he's younger and more consistent.  I don't care how good of a year Davis had.  You don't give a 30 year old ILB that type of money.

Macc seems to have created some super good contract numbers to hand out this time around. I also loved Bridgewater’s number for one year and thought Johnson wasn’t too shabby compared to Butler’s number. McCown’s 10 million I question.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Macc seems to have created some super good contract numbers to hand out this time around. I also loved Bridgewater’s number for one year and thought Johnson wasn’t too shabby compared to Butler’s number. McCown’s 10 million I question.

When you look at the 15 million per year for Trumaine Johnson and compare it to what top tier CBs are making right now, it really isn't bad at all.  When you have the kind of CAP space that we do, you can afford to pay the extra 2-3 million per year to sign a premium player who, by all metrics, was the number 1 CB available and fills an incredibly important need.  Plus, I'm sure when the full contract details come out, we're going to see some team friendly structure and terms.

Again, getting to McCown and Bridgewater, we can't really know until the final details come out.  However after seeing some info out on Twitter and visiting Over The Cap, it looks like McCown basically signed a 1 year, 6 million dollar deal with incentives that can earn him a lot more money (likely some he won't even come close to hitting if he starts).  Bridgewater signed up for basically the same type of deal, except the ceiling on what he can earn this year is much lower.  However, the biggest and most obvious difference between the two guys is that Teddy can actually parlay that into a really nice long term deal if he wins the starting job and plays exceptionally well.  Josh is, obviously, on his last legs in the league.

All in all, I was ready to lose my sh*t entirely yesterday...but now I'm sitting here pretty happy with the start to our off-season.  That said, I'm not satisfied just yet.  I want to see some more pieces added, particularly at Center and CB2.  I still want a QB in the first too.  There are no excuses as to why neither of those things can't be done given our financial and draft resources.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

When you look at the 15 million per year for Trumaine Johnson and compare it to what top tier CBs are making right now, it really isn't all that bad.  When you have the kind of CAP space that we do, you can afford to pay the extra 2-3 million per year to sign a premium player who, by all metrics, was the number 1 CB available.  Plus, I'm sure when the full contract details come out, we're going to see some team friendly structure and terms.

Again, getting to McCown and Bridgewater, we can't really know until the final details come out.  However after seeing some info out on Twitter and visiting Over The Cap, it looks like McCown basically signed a 1 year, 6 million dollar deal with incentives that can earn him a lot more money (likely some he won't even come close to hitting if he starts).  Bridgewater signed up for basically the same type of deal, except the ceiling on what he can earn this year is much lower.  However, the biggest and most obvious difference between the two guys is that Teddy can actually parlay that into a really nice long term deal if he wins the starting job and plays exceptionally well.  Josh is, obviously, on his last legs in the league.

All in all, I was ready to lose my sh*t entirely yesterday...but now I'm sitting here pretty happy with the start to our off-season.  That said, I'm not satisfied just yet.  I want to see some more pieces added, particularly at Center and CB2 and I still want a QB in the first.  No excuses as to why neither of those things can't be done given our financial and draft resources.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I need a Center and CB2 before I get too overjoyed. Definitely not satisfied yet, but definitely have taken steps away from the ledge. Lots of people are still saying our rookie(if we get one) will sit behind McCown/Teddy the whole year as well. I honestly don’t think that’s true. If the player is Rosen or Mayfield, I believe they make a strong push for starter the first year out. Don’t know how that will look on a final depth chart come September, but I think people mistake Hack/Petty’s failure to move up the chart as the standard for any young QB on a Jet roster. How do you feel about that situation? Do you think there is a possibility we can see a rookie play this year? I think it’s a iffy situation and the only situation I came away kinda feeling confused about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen this account get a couple of things right in the past.

I wouldn't love or hate Long.  Especially if we can snag someone like Billy Price in the second.  I would LOVE the low risk, high reward of McKinnon and DaQuan Jones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

We’d have to dump Powell to get McKinnon

 

Just now, maury77 said:

I was just going to post the same thing. 

Honestly, I get Powell is a fan favorite, but he's getting older and is NEVER healthy for an entire year.  I'd rather go with McKinnon and Crowell as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You’re telling me! I would love this one. 26 years old with upside .. creates defensive chemistry because of his Titan ties aligning with the Williamson signing.

 

Would you like it so much you’d be willing to concede that while S Long may be jagish he’s still a sh#t ton better than Wesley who’s ranked 31 on PFF?  😂🤣😂🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...