FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Especially from great teachers like Lebeau

What is he tho? A good run stuffer it looks like. Although he had a career high in sacks, he only has 5.5 sacks in his short career. Won’t judge him too hard off his stats because he obviously does other things fairly well but I guess that just means we need to look into some edge rushers who can bend the corner.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

100% false. They spent absolute dick and balls last offseason. All in the interest of ensuring the tank. They cut everyone and the only FA they brought in was McCown. 

They cut the dead weight and we barely have money to spend last year. This was always going to be the year we could improve the roster. Last year was a see what players stick type of situation. 

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

I hope he is the target.  If we are able to move up, then having McCown and Bridgewater is redundant.

Darnold and Rosen would be better than any QB we have from day 1.

Signing both McCown and Teddy tell me that they are accepting the fact that we will either end up with Josh Allen or no one.  Honestly, I’m not sure what’s worse.

18 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Can’t have stars at every position . Jets need to be flexible come draft day just in case they can trade up .. 

Well. Posit this. What if, the drafts hadn’t sucked for years now and they wouldn’t need to be flexible at all this draft because, wait for it, smart roster decisions were made EVERY year. 

Just now, Pcola said:

I hope he is the target.  If we are able to move up, then having McCown and Bridgewater is redundant.

Signing both McCown and Teddy tell me that they are accepting the fact that we will either end up with Josh Allen or no one.  Honestly, I’m not sure what’s worse.

Or Mayfield. Those two are more developmental

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

I think Teddy was just precautionary measures given the amount of money dedicated on the one year deal.

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

They barely practice in pads in the preseason anymore. The 3-way QB camp battle is a thing of the past. McCowns already been named starter. They are piecing together a team that’s going to try and make the playoffs with Todd’s favorite defensive player at 6. No different than last year or the year before that and the year before that. It’s a year to year “strategy”

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

They cut the dead weight and we barely have money to spend last year. This was always going to be the year we could improve the roster. Last year was a see what players stick type of situation. 

I don’t even know how to respond to your posts anymore. You’re a nice guy, but I think you may want to consider the fact that you’ve become Whofan’s Bert to his Ernie, and you should ask yourself if that’s the type of person you really want to be in this world.

Just now, Matt39 said:

They barely practice in pads in the preseason anymore. The 3-way QB camp battle is a thing of the past. McCowns already been named starter. They are piecing together a team that’s going to try and make the playoffs with Todd’s favorite defensive player at 6. No different than last year or the year before that and the year before that. It’s a year to year “strategy”

The eagles did the same exact thing in 2016, named bradford the starter from the start. Just stop.

I think Teddy was just precautionary measures given the amount of money dedicated on the one year deal.

Precautionary of what? This was the year it was non-negotiable the Jets took a QB in round 1 and started him from day 1. 

$100M in cap space with at least two future stars at QB, and our offense will be McCown and Teddy Bridgewater handing the ball off to Crowell on 1st and 2nd down followed by a 6 yard incompletion to Kearse on 3rd and 8.

Sorry, my expectations were Josh Rosen and Allen Robinson bringing back the Jets offense of the 1980’s.  If not in 2018, soon after.

So yeah, a lot of us are going to be incredible disappointed.  Again.  

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Yesterday says the #6 pick is not going to be a QB. Heck, it screams as much. 

Yeah, I’m not sure why this has become the prevailing thought among Jets fans when all the evidence and history suggests the opposite.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Yeahhhhh i'm not cool with that. he's a depth/change of pace guy. Meh. Hope he goes to the niners.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lololololololololololol

If you look at his timeline, you'll that he's just guesstimating based off the Dion Lewis contract.

I'm not saying it won't happen because I literally have zero clue what his market looks like, but this guy isn't a "plugged in" reporter.  He's a blogger for a Buccaneers blog who calls himself a beat reporter.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don’t even know how to respond to your posts anymore. You’re a nice guy, but I think you may want to consider the fact that you’ve become Whofan’s Bert to his Ernie, and you should ask yourself if that’s the type of person you really want to be in this world.

Dean Wormer would be proud.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Precautionary of what? This was the year it was non-negotiable the Jets took a QB in round 1 and started him from day 1. 

I totally agree. But we both know that both the QB’s just signed have bad injury history. If we signed one and he goes down..then who backs the rookie in the case the rookie doesnt do good? Hack? 

Dude I totally understand what you are saying and I am trying to piece it together myself and understand WTF is going on here, but I’m not going to go as far as to say they aren’t trading up yet. I see the proof in the contract amounts/length and I see the proof in their moves and unwillingness to part with picks. I could be wrong and jus wishfully thinking ... i’ll reserve that assumption until we get some further information.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

If you look at his timeline, you'll that he's just guesstimating based off the Dion Lewis contract.

I'm not saying it won't happen because I literally have zero clue what his market looks like, but this guy isn't a "plugged in" reporter.  He's a blogger for a Buccaneers blog who calls himself a beat reporter.

Fair enough but giving him anything close to what most FA jag RBs are getting is a waste of resources. Hyde just got 15 million from the Browns over three years.  It should be much less than that. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair, I think $6 mil per would make McKinnon a “top five salary” RB.

It would.  Personally, I don't really care about it if that's all it is.  Minnesota fans are pretty upset he's leaving and I think a committee of him and Crowell is pretty solid.  McKinnon is a freak of nature athlete.

Edit: WELP. Lol.

Archived