Josh Allen Hype Train Rolls on With Mayock’s QB Rankings

JetNation

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean if you can show me proof where he has been injury prone, and/or takes on unnecessary hits like RGIII did sure, but I haven’t seen that with this kid, he is a much much much better, and dangerous runner then RGIII could ever dream of, and it’s said he is basically the perfect student of the game, and a coach’s dream off the field so I’d say he is smart enough to keep those hits away like he has in college, until I see otherwise.

I have no proof becasue to my knowledge, he has not been injured, but I think its just inevitable with a player who relies on his legs at the QB position in the NFL.  I have no problem taking him int he 2nd round, and would be thrilled and excited to watch him play. I just think his style is a huge injury risk in the NFL.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

I want Couisns but if that falls thru I want the best Progression Reader and Pocket prescence QB in draft.

100% agree. However the Jimmy G deal turned everything on it's head. While Cousins may be the best FA qb out there, no way is he worth what he's gonna cost.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean if you can show me proof where he has been injury prone, and/or takes on unnecessary hits like RGIII did sure, but I haven’t seen that with this kid, he is a much much much better, and dangerous runner then RGIII could ever dream of, and it’s said he is basically the perfect student of the game, and a coach’s dream off the field so I’d say he is smart enough to keep those hits away like he has in college, until I see otherwise.

Jackson fascinates me. I use to love to watch Randall Cunningham & watching this game evolve with this RPO stuff, I see Jackson as a huge PITA for defenses. You cant plan for a gun that runs like he's shot out of a cannon.

Sure, guys that can run usually have a LB dedicated to staying home, which obviously opens up other options but lets be honest here. That same LB who gets caught one on one in space with Lamar Jackson better not miss, lol. It would just be so fun to see a guy scrambling around like Randall use to do, stop & launch a 65 yard TD to a streaking Robbie Anderson who broke off his route. That sh*t is just a lot of fun. Or when he gets blitzed & he steps up through the rush & runs for a 50 yard gain. I think this guy is gonna be a 12 year player that gets BETTER with age because hes so smart

58 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lamar Jackson would become the first player the Jets ever had since I’ve been a fan that is a guy with play making abilities that each time he has the ball in his hands on any given play from anywhere on the field that play could end up with 6 points for the Jets on the scoreboard, and it’s not just because he can run with it, but also make those plays happen through the air, AND he would touch the ball every single play unlike other insta playmakers who have this ability to put up 6 from anywhere on any play, but have to be given the ball somehow through somebody else, but not Lamar he would touch the ball on almost every play if not every play, and have that ability so where do I sign for him to be a Jet if Darnold, or Rosen are not possible!

everyone has their preferences...  a scat back at the QB position will only last so long in the nfl...  again, I think most teams feel they will have to revamp their entire offense for 1 guy who really is just pretty average @ throwing the ball/reading defenses/etc... arm strength isn't the end all be all... see Browning Nagle.

1 hour ago, BloodGreen said:

As a guy who watches very little college football. Who would you say is the better QB prospect right now, Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I would say Lamar Jackson is by far the better prospect. He has improved his passing in each of the last three years but this year he especially showed a much improved pocket presence, footwork and mechanics. He is a truly game breaking runner who can take it the distance at any time which puts tremendous pressure on apposing defenses. He is a Heisman winner, has played against top competition while showing great character and toughness. The only knock would be his ability to avoid injury in the NFL with his aggressive running style.

On the other hand Allen has yet to demonstrate the ability to be a top statistical passer showing inconsistent accuracy , touch and decision making while playing mostly against third tier competition. That doesn't mean Allen can't develop into an NFL starter, he has all the physical tools to do so, but based on his college production it certainly would be a risk taking him in the first few picks of the upcoming draft. I feel it would be really crazy taking him over Jackson if he was available.

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

average @ throwing the ball/reading defenses/etc.

This couldn’t be further from the truth, you obviously know nothing about the kid.  I didn’t either last year and called him a future WR for a year, I watched him this season, and paid attention to everything he does that pertains to being a QB, and he is one, and not a scat back, he is a QB who has elite running abilities not the other way around like I first assumed last season, and you are now.

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

Shane has tried to bring race into the QB discussion recently in another thread, and so did sar

That's bullsh*t

And shame on the guys that fell for it

Larz, watching Blazing Saddles for the first time:

”Way to ruin a perfectly good Western, dummies.”

6 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Because he has the prototype NFL skill-set, specifically (relative to Jackson) size. 

You captured everything that's wrong with the Draft process. Basically it's like saying the only reason is Allen a better prospect because is he's taller/heavier, and even better, his "skill-set" is ironically the complete opposite of the prototype. The NFL is not about inaccurate, inconsistent, uncomfortable quarterbacks who rely too much on the arm.

The reality is, Allen checks nearly every box that would take him out of round 1, AND there's zero evidence to suggest the extra 1.5 inches and moderately stronger arm (Between the two) will translate into anything better. All we have to knock Jackson down is his frame. 

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Larz, watching Blazing Saddles for the first time:

”Way to ruin a perfectly good Western, dummies.”

Stick to trolling

I grew up in the 70s so I can handle that type of humor and LOVE that movie

I met gene Wilder at his place on Stamford and had a nice chat. Sweet guy.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This couldn’t be further from the truth, you obviously know nothing about the kid.  I didn’t either last year and called him a future WR for a year, I watched him this season, and paid attention to everything he does that pertains to being a QB, and he is one, and not a scat back, he is a QB who has elite running abilities not the other way around like I first assumed last season, and you are now.

okay, np...  I don't think I'm alone in thinking the way I do, not that that means anything, but that's why I don't see him being selected in the top 5 QB's on draft day...  we will all know for sure how good they all can be in the next 3-5yrs.

Archived