Jump to content

YOU are Kirk Cousins


Dcronin
 Share

Recommended Posts

So what do you do, where do you go?

1. Cleveland. It's just too monstrous of a turnaround chance, too big a chance to be a hero to turn it down.

2. Jacksonville. With that D? You are immediately a serious Superbowl contender.

3. Vikings. Same, and a more storied team, more rabid fanbase. Assuming their crowded QB sitch thins out.

4. Jets. Another team on the rise, theoretically, with cap room and a major media market to become a hero in. Hopefully some new offensive weapons thru draft. A zombie for a head coach.

5. Denver. John Elway, great fans and organization and a still-tough D. Throwing to Demaryius.

6. Arizona. Another good team, with David Johnson and Larry Fitz and other good targets, and a decent D. 

For AFTER you answer -  https://www.faketeams.com/2018/2/15/17017818/kirk-cousins-nfl-free-agency-landing-spots

DC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok ill play. 

If im him, only 2 choices ; ny or jacksonville

New York City offers me big money and the glamour of a great area.

Jacksonville puts me in a beautiful subtropical climate and a good situation.

All the other choices are just absolute sh*tholes even Denver what a horrible place that is with the snow barren mountains douchebag people it's just a slum in the mountain sorry

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

So what do you do, where do you go?

1. Cleveland. It's just too monstrous of a turnaround chance, too big a chance to be a hero to turn it down.

2. Jacksonville. With that D? You are immediately a serious Superbowl contender.

3. Vikings. Same, and a more storied team, more rabid fanbase. Assuming their crowded QB sitch thins out.

4. Jets. Another team on the rise, theoretically, with cap room and a major media market to become a hero in. Hopefully some new offensive weapons thru draft. A zombie for a head coach.

5. Denver. John Elway, great fans and organization and a still-tough D. Throwing to Demaryius.

6. Arizona. Another good team, with David Johnson and Larry Fitz and other good targets, and a decent D. 

For AFTER you answer -  https://www.faketeams.com/2018/2/15/17017818/kirk-cousins-nfl-free-agency-landing-spots

DC

If I’m 29 I’m thinking this definitely isn’t my last contract. I want a team who will not only win, but provide a line who will protect me and future of my career. A team that also want hamstring my stats by looking at passing often as a negative thing. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jacksonville...if they can come within a few million of what the Jets can offer...otherwise, Jets.

I’m not leaving millions on the table to play for who’s deemed as a more viable contender at the moment. That sh*t changes more year to year in the NFL than any other professional sport.

I go to Denver and unless I win multiple championships I’m always going to be stuck in the shadow of not only John Elway, but Peyton Manning as well. Not to mention they may have to axe one of my top wideouts and a couple of other pieces to make room for me. They’ll also be in teardown mode within 2 years in all likelihood.

A f*cking dumpster fire of a blackhole like Cleveland? No chance. 

At least with the Jets I’m the highest paid player in the history of the league for the time being, in an offensive system proven to be tailor made to my strengths, going to a team with tons of flexibility to build around me, and if I win so much as a single Super Bowl within the next 5-7 years, they’ll build statues of me and crown my ass for life in the biggest city on earth.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

 

4. Jets. Another team on the rise, theoretically, with cap room and a major media market to become a hero in. 

When you have been at the near bottom the past two yrs, there really is no other place to go but up. I can hear Todd Bowles give a motivation speak like “ we may never be very good, but I guarantee you we will never be that bad where we are picking 1-3 in the draft like the giants. That is something to be proud of “ 🤔 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jacksonville is a cesspool of a city filled with toothless meth heads and some of the dumbest people on planet earth (JiF anyone?)

It's devoid of charm and the next tree I see in J-Ville will be the first one.  Kirk Cousins will not want to call that dump his home..  no way.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • First, this could be his big contract, so he needs to go to a place paying top dollar.  Assuming the following teams are paying top dollar:
  • Jax is near his father, no income tax, and is a relatively middle-American nice place to live.  The team has great ownership and leadership, great D, great OL.  But they can't sign him unless they get rid of Bortles.  I don't know if this is possible.
  • Minnesota is another top quality organization with great leadership, D and OL.  Those should be his first 2 choices if they pay.
  • If I am Cousins I am praying that I can sign with MN or Jax, because NYJ, Den and Cle are teams that are teetering and have leadership on the hot seat.   Cousins could find Cleveland most attractive of the three, considering he is from MI.   
  • Den appears to have lost its touch.  The Jets have potential but they still have not shown they could draft and build a team.  So unless the Jets are offering a boat load of money, I really don't think we are in the running.  Mac will try hard though but not be disappointed that he loses.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • First, this could be his big contract, so he needs to go to a place paying top dollar.  Assuming the following teams are paying top dollar:
  • Jax is near his father, no income tax, and is a relatively middle-American nice place to live.  The team has great ownership and leadership, great D, great OL.  But they can't sign him unless they get rid of Bortles.  I don't know if this is possible.
  • Minnesota is another top quality organization with great leadership, D and OL.  Those should be his first 2 choices if they pay.
  • If I am Cousins I am praying that I can sign with MN or Jax, because NYJ, Den and Cle are teams that are teetering and have leadership on the hot seat.   Cousins could find Cleveland most attractive of the three, considering he is from MI.   
  • Den appears to have lost its touch.  The Jets have potential but they still have not shown they could draft and build a team.  So unless the Jets are offering a boat load of money, I really don't think we are in the running.  Mac will try hard though but not be disappointed that he loses.

He is only building a house on lake Mich. Min and Clev are not too far away 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cleveland- no because,well,it’s cleveland

Jacksonville- I love the idea of a strong run game and dominant defense to support me. But meh on the area to live. 

Vikings- nah. Don’t wanna live in Minnesota. 

Arizona - fitz is practically out the door. Rookie hc. And no to living in Arizona. 

Denver-not a bad place to live. Could be a fun first couple years but worried after that. 

Jets- beautiful New Jersey living! Magnificent schools. Rich AFFF. And I’m automatically one of the best QBs this franchise has ever had. 

 

But seriously. I think it’s gonna come down to comfort with coaching staff and scheme(I’m sure he doesn’t wanna have to learn a whole new offense at this point) and where does wifey want to live long term with the kid. I think having a “win now” roster will be like 3-4th on his list. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cousins has an ego.  That is why he will need to be the league's highest paid player, at least temporarily.

The only way the Jets sign him is if JAX or MN do not offer him that contract.

We are New Yorkers.  Cousins is a Mid-westerner.  He likes it there.  How many football players come to NY to play and stay here?

Cousins will play for the Jets is if it his only real choice.  If I am Chris Spielman, I am offering him a contract that has a backend component and trying to win the SB in the next 2 years.  Given where they will be drafting, they are not drafting a QB to lead that otherwise stacked team. 

The Jets should be looking for a QB to draft, but they have to try for Cousins. They will lose.  

The Holy Grail in football is a good rookie QB on the CBA contract.  Cleveland will have 2 shots at that this draft.  Why would they sign Cousins?  Smith made sense if they could do it short-term.  They are not bidding for Cousins.  

Denver is shot.  Its the Jets and MN.  MN wins.  The Jets sign McCown and roll the dice and take best QBA at 6.  If its Allen (Mayfield gone) and take him and go down in flames.    

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Football is vicious and cruel. I will go with what’s best financially for my family. 

A bit tougher than that.  He can sign with a team with no line and get maimed.  If he plays his cards right, he can play for 10+ years and make his family $300+mm.  

He could look at the Jets and see a trainwreck OL with no RB and WRs.  Of course he will want to play for MN or Jax (don't think they bid), but yes, he will not take a significant discount.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yoy guys are downplaying nyc. 

Arizona? A sh*thole

Min? A winter sh*thole

Denver? Another winter sh*thole with meth heads

Cleveland? I dont even know where to begin with this one.... 

 

Ny or jax are desireable family places

Colorado is awesome and weed is legal. You're nuts. Florida is a living breathing craphole filled with morons. And..meth? Yeah Florida has no meth at all. SMH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A F/A looking for the most money & a place with a legitimate shot at winning now... it's not even a question... Jacksonville is the place... the team is already set all they need is a decent QB... plus playing in Florida you don't have to pay state income tax... just more of my money in my pocket... ca-ching!!!... not to mention the climate & the quality of life for my family... it's not even a question.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is what people are missing (at least i think they are). The players association is going to pressure Cousins to take the most $$, they have several big QB deals coming up, he will not let him level the market. Combine that with the fact that the jets and cleveland are only teams in position to frontload the deal without having to get rid of players already on the team. i cant believe he goes Cle > Jets....so i think we are in the drivers seat unless Macc isnt interested or starts playing games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

A F/A looking for the most money & a place with a legitimate shot at winning now... it's not even a question... Jacksonville is the place... the team is already set all they need is a decent QB... plus playing in Florida you don't have to pay state income tax... just more of my money in my pocket... ca-ching!!!... not to mention the climate & the quality of life for my family... it's not even a question.

yes, but you are in Jacksonville . I feel like maybe people on this board havent been there....its not exactly south beach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 - Vikings - more stable team and coaching staff

2 - Jets $$$ and potential hero status - Bates is the edge over Cleveland

3 - Browns $$$$ and easy hero status with a more QB friendly HC than Jets or Denver

Jacksonville has great talent but not great fan support, do they even fill the stadium? does not sound like fun, but I will listen

Denver is a team in decline, Elway would have to show $ plans needed to rebuild after my contract

Arizona is also a team in decline, new coaching staff and culture are big ?? 

and when you are making $30m annually, every city on the list is the same, living in a mansion (or two), kids in private school, house on the beach, condo in the city (or two) fly one place for lunch, another for dinner, np

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Denver. But only if my long term contract had a player only option to get out after year 3. Elway already delivered a SB to a free agent QB, the fan base is great, and Colorado is beautiful. But I have questions about the coach and what the D looks like when von Miller goes into decline.

Otherwise, assuming the money is the same, I'd stay away from Minnesota because of too many coach, player, and fan allegiances to different QBs. In other words, I'd be less a savior, and more the guy that took someone's job, and got a boatload of cash to do it. The browns have ruined too many careers to be in consideration. The NY media is too awful to deal with. Arizona is on the downswing and in transition. So, I'd go with Jacksonville where no one will be upset that I took Bortles job, their is steady leadership, and most fans don't really give a sh*t, so if I throw 3 picks my kids won't hear about it at school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...