YOU are Kirk Cousins

Dcronin

1 - Vikings - What will their offense be like with a new OC?  

2 - Jets $$$ To sign Cousins AND add talent.  Only team that can say that.  Then the Bates connection

3 - Browns, 1 win in two seasons.  A HC who never wins.  

4 - Jacksonville has great talent also has a QB.  They'd have to dump Him, eat money and sign Cousins. 

5 - Denver Is in decline and has to dump talent to fit Cousins under the cap.  Already just a 5 win team before losing talent and another year older.  HC may be worst of group

6 - Arizona in decline, not a lot of cap room.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Pac said:

Jacksonville is a cesspool of a city filled with toothless meth heads and some of the dumbest people on the planet earth (JiF anyone?)

It's devoid of charm and the next tree I see in J-Ville will be the first one.  Kirk Cousins will not want to call that dump his home..  no way.

I wish I could rep this 100 times. Jacksonville is that place in every zombie movie that the screenwriter uses as an analogy to point out we were living in the post-apocalypse the whole time. 

Minnesota or Jacksonville if I care about winning over getting paid a few more million.

After that, Jets or Buffalo.

I don’t see Denver as being a good choice at all. Since Elways has taken over more personnel decisions, that Super Bowl caliber roster has deteriorated.

Their head coach also is garbage and let the Raiders embarrass us on MNF in ‘95 lol.

12 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yoy guys are downplaying nyc. 

Arizona? A sh*thole

Min? A winter sh*thole

Denver? Another winter sh*thole with meth heads

Cleveland? I dont even know where to begin with this one.... 

Ny or jax are desireable family places

Kirk Cousins is from Illinois. He went to school in Michigan. He probably thinks NYC is a bigger sh*thole than Denver. 

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

With all due respect, if I’m Kirk Cousins I’m thinking of all the money I’m going to make  

With all due respect, if you are Kirk Cousins you just made over 50 million dollars in two years of franchise tags. Another 100 million dollars in the bank isn't really going to change your life one iota. You already have more money than you can spend for the rest of your life. 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

With all due respect, if you are Kirk Cousins you just made over 50 million dollars in two years of franchise tags. Another 100 million dollars in the bank isn't really going to change your life one iota. You already have more money than you can spend for the rest of your life. 

Nothing makes people want more money than already having more money than they can spend for the rest of their lives. It's a vicious cycle.

It’s between Denver n Jets. And Broncos are an extremely overrated team where Elway gets boatload of praise for being a real sh*tty team last year. Nobody likes Cleveland. They would have to give up at least 3-4 extra mil a year to get Cousins. Jags aren’t ever heavy spenders. They’d likely have to do the same to get Cousins. Vikings don’t have the exact ammo to match with the Jets as they’ll likely tag their own QB anyways. Jets have the unique advantage of being in a great endorsement market. That’s extra bucks. Cost of living is high, yes, it’s nothing compare to when you’re making nearly 30 mil a year. 

If I were Cousins, I’d pick the Jets. With Broncos, Elway will always be THE guy that gets the accolades. In NY, it’s free-for-all. If all offers are the same, I’m going to NY. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I wish I could rep this 100 times. Jacksonville is that place in every zombie movie that the screenwriter uses as an analogy to point out we were living in the post-apocalypse the whole time. 

Lol. I've never been there but my buddy is a Pats fan & he attended the Pats vs Eagles Super Bowl there. He said it was HORRIFIC, unless you like cement strip malls with every fast food joint known to man spread out throughout a treeless wasteland with a million huddle house breakfast places, filled with white trash who speak like Boomhauer from King of the Hill. He said he would never touch foot in the place again, even if you paid him, lol.

BTW there is only 1 acceptable approach to signing cousins 

Show up at his house at midnight,  blow him away with a mega offer and give him a day to shop it and think about it 

Getting involved in a 10 day "cousins tours the country getting wined and dined " while other priority free agents get gobbled up  is not acceptable 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

At least we've found something we can agree on without fail.

J-Ville makes Toledo OH look like Monte Carlo. 

Cousins is getting paid. That's a given. Browns are not even in the running & why would they be? They have the 1st & 4th pick in the draft! In what scouts have called the best QB year since 2004. If the Jets had the #1 & #4, and paid Cousins 30 million, I'd quit as a fan.

Jets need Cousins. MetLife was a Mecca for opposing fans last year. The Browns have gone 1-31 in the last 2 years, Darnold, Rosen or Allen winning 4 games will get them a statue downtown. 

Actually, the way this whole thing is developing is good for us no matter which direction it goes. Bortles is staying in Jacksonville, I font think they will be playing in the Cousins sweepstakes. I believe it MAY be Jets, Broncos, Vikings. Certainly this works in the Jets favor if it is those 3. Jets are better if they land Cousins, that's a given. If the Vikings land Cousins, 3 QBs BETTER than what the Jets have now will probably hit the market or at least be available with a late draft pick. If Cousins lands in Denver, that 5th pick overall is available, PLUS, we know damn well they aren't drafting a QB, so it's most likely, Mayfield, Allen & Jackson are still on the board? Maybe we trade back if a stud player someone is interested in moves up for & still land a QB, and add a pick for moving back? 

Jets will have a starting QB in 2018 that is better than they had in 2017. Don't let McCown fool you like Fitz did. No way we can fall for that again. It's time to upgrade the offense including reducing our QBs age by at least 9/10 years.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

At least we've found something we can agree on without fail.

J-Ville makes Toledo OH look like Monte Carlo. 

I went to school in upstate New York and I’d occasionally have to pull off the highway for gas in one of these rat-infested little towns that lost their steel mills or refineries or whatever the **** plant had shuttered on them in the eighties, and I always wondered why people would stay around these areas. Then I passed through Jacksonville and I realized it could be worse for these people. Jacksonville never even had the steel mill, you know? Like, it’s always been that way.

10 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Colorado is awesome and weed is legal. You're nuts. Florida is a living breathing craphole filled with morons. And..meth? Yeah Florida has no meth at all. SMH.

What about his bio suggests Cousins values the legality of weed? Guy’s basically a job title shy of being a small town country preacher. There’s every llikelihood he wants to live where others refer to as the middle of nowhere, where taking the family out for a fancy breakfast and dinner means hitting places named Waffle House and Cracker Barrel.

As far as Jax, not everyone hates it there. Didn’t Coles - who had enough money to go anywhere in the country - build his famously expensive/all-that dream home in Jax? Plus there’s no more requirement that Cousins live in that “city” than a Jets/Giants player must live in the Oranges, Newark, or any of the 5 boroughs. 

Every location in the USA big enough to have an NFL team has meth (Washington, D.C. very much so, and he was trying to get an extension to play there long term for the 2 prior offseasons). Unlikely he’s going to associate with methheads no matter where he goes; watching half an episode of Breaking Bad likely gives him nightmares. 

And having lived in both some pretty rural and urban areas over the years, I can definitely attest that neither has an automatic monopoly on morons. If there are humans around then there are morons there, too. ;) 

13 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Colorado is awesome and weed is legal. You're nuts. Florida is a living breathing craphole filled with morons. And..meth? Yeah Florida has no meth at all. SMH.

Colorado is awesome and has a spot for everyone.  It's an odd purple AF state.

Guns, hunting, outdoor life and beautiful country for the 'Murica manifest destiny crowd.

Boulder, Whole Foods/healthy/ethical dining obsession throughout the metropolitan areas, legal weed and environmentalism for the Bolsheviks.

Colorado Springs is a rabidly Christian Air Force town for the God & Country crowd.

And Denver is one of the fastest growing cities in America; last I checked a couple a months ago it has the lowest unemployment rate in the country.  CO also gets 300 days of sunshine a year (in the front range area which includes Boulder, Denver & Colorado Springs).

If quality of life is paramount, Denver or NY have the best IMO.

Also think when you're going to have about 150 million in the bank regardless of where you go, you can move wherever you want after your career is over.  Jacksonville is the best chance at winning a Superbowl.  Doesn't mean you have to live there for the rest of your life.  

46 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Colorado is awesome and has a spot for everyone.  It's an odd purple AF state.

Guns, hunting, outdoor life and beautiful country for the 'Murica crowd.

Boulder, Whole Foods/healthy/ethical dining obsession throughout the metropolitan areas, legal weed and environmentalism for the Bolsheviks.

Colorado Springs is rabidly Christian and is an Air Force town for the God & Country crowd.

And Denver is one of the fastest growing cities in America; last I checked a couple a months ago it has the lowest unemployment rate in the country.  CO also gets 300 days of sunshine a year (in the front range area; including Boulder, Denver & Colorado Springs).

If quality of life is paramount; Denver or NY have the best IMO.

Also think when you're going to have about 150 million in the bank regardless of where you go, you can move wherever you want after your career is over.  Jacksonville is the best chance at winning a Superbowl.  Doesn't mean you have to live there for the rest of your life.  

Colorado is a different world, and for reasons you explain here. It’s got everything. Spent a week out there driving around. Cheap, too.

16 hours ago, Pac said:

Jacksonville is a cesspool of a city filled with toothless meth heads and some of the dumbest people on planet earth (JiF anyone?)

It's devoid of charm and the next tree I see in J-Ville will be the first one.  Kirk Cousins will not want to call that dump his home..  no way.

Yeah, but you can get a million dollar home for less than $180,000 there.  And, there's JiF.

Report: Jets could offer Kirk Cousins fully-guaranteed contract

usatsi_10433391.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The Jets have a lot of money to spend and a gaping hole under center.

With New York in desperate need of a quarterback and flush with cash, the team is expected to make a heavy run at Kirk Cousins, assuming he hits free agency. But just how heavy?

With a handful of suitors expected to pursue Cousins, some are wondering if it will take a fully-guaranteed deal to seal the deal. If so, would the Jets really break the bank in such a manner?

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk floated the possibility.

With Cousins rocketing toward the open market (efforts by his current team to conjure up a way to trade him notwithstanding), the question becomes whether the next contract he signs will be fully guaranteed, for the full duration of its four, five, or six years.

One team already is being pegged in league circles as having the willingness to do it: The Jets. If the Jets will do it, other suitors for Cousins may have no choice but to follow suit.

If Florio is correct, then the Jets clearly have no reservations about the 30-year-old Cousins. Mike Maccagnan knows that his job security relies on him and his head coach being able to bring in a franchise quarterback, and Cousins is more of a sure thing than any prospect.

With Cousins, the Jets are no longer a team that is waiting to contend. Even with Cousins making ridiculous money, the Jets have enough cap space and draft capital to stock up and contend in the rather weak AFC.

Of course, the Jets won’t be the only team after Cousins. Other suitors could include the Browns, Vikings, Broncos, Bills and Cardinals, so New York has some competition.

That said, if the Jets really are willing to guarantee an entire deal, their chances of landing Cousins should be as favorable as any team’s.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/17/report-jets-could-offer-kirk-cousins-fully-guaranteed-contract/

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yoy guys are downplaying nyc. 

Arizona? A sh*thole

Min? A winter sh*thole

Denver? Another winter sh*thole with meth heads

Cleveland? I dont even know where to begin with this one.... 

Ny or jax are desireable family places

meth-not-even-once-21728558.png

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Oh come on that rarely how it works for anyone that makes crazy money. 

You always get used to your lifestyle and want more.

All im saying about these sh*tholes is jet fans always down play coming to ny as if its a negatuve. Its nonsense. A lot of people find it attractive. I get the tax thing but aside from that its a plus. 

How many famous people choose to return to their farm where they grew up? Almost none. Even upon retirement they stay in interesting places like la and nyc

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Kirk Cousins is from Illinois. He went to school in Michigan. He probably thinks NYC is a bigger sh*thole than Denver. 

Best private schools in country in NY/NJ/CT. Gorgeous houses and apartments. Center of the world. He'll wise up.

1. Browns - Cleveland has the money not only to offer him but to the best Offensive weapons on the market (Bell, Robinson, Graham). They already have a prominent OL. When you consider this they can have a better offense on paper then any potential team he can go to. Like the Jags, they can turn it around in just a year. They only have 4 FAs this year and they're all JAGs.

2. Jets - Similar to the Browns, Jets have the money to not only pay him but add pieces around him with capital and draft assets. There's of course more endorsement to make here in NY off the court. Something he'll need to recover from the taxes, however we're dealing with NJ taxes actually for home games not NY. 

3. Jags - His father lives near and it's a great place to raise/be near his family. They seem to have a great structure already in place to insert him in. Beside TE, all their skill positions players are young. 

Archived