YOU are Kirk Cousins

Dcronin

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me add Kirk would also say this team is a mess with a GM and HC who would not be in the NFL if not for the NY Jets, possibly the worse WR corps in the NFL, an OL that will get me killed and an owner who ran away to London. 

joewilly12

Precisely.

It's why these damned Kirk Cousins threads are worthless.  When he signs with Denver 12 hours into free agency, I'll remind everyone of this.

SAR I

On 2/17/2018 at 12:12 AM, Grandy said:

Didn't Jacksonville say they were keeping Bortles?

Yes.  This is why he won't be going to Jacksonville.  Minnesota might just stick with what they've got and keep two of the three QB's on the roster.

NY, Denver, Arizona and Cleveland will make strong runs at Cousins.

I really want him playing for us next year.  I just don't see him passing on Denver or Arizona if all else is equal.

The Jets would need to make the highest offer with the most guaranteed money.  If they do that then there is a reasonable chance he signs with us.

5 minutes ago, Esquire said:

Yes.  This is why he won't be going to Jacksonville.  Minnesota might just stick with what they've got and keep two of the three QB's on the roster.

NY, Denver, Arizona and Cleveland will make strong runs at Cousins.

I really want him playing for us next year.  I just don't see him passing on Denver or Arizona if all else is equal.

The Jets would need to make the highest offer with the most guaranteed money.  If they do that then there is a reasonable chance he signs with us.

I think AZ is outta the mix, report came out a lil while ago stating that. We're even more in the clear.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You sorted for high schools not elementary schools (or more relevant, nursery schools). 

Cousins has 1 child right now, who isn’t even 1 year old yet. Private HS rankings matter little (if not zero) to him right now. 

Then you’d have to resort beyond that by religious elementary or K-12s, since there’s every likelihood that’s where his kids will go (if he’s still on the same team 5+ years from now). The single best one in New England - in Providence - is literally #50 on the list you provided, with a handful of schools in NYC/NJ ranked higher (some significantly higher). Next-highest in all of NE is around #200. 

Sperm dropping knowledge on the Massachusetts educational system now.  We need a "Let Sperm prove you wrong about any topic in savage fashion for $1" thread.

I don't think Cousins is waking up in the morning saying to himself that he really wants to move to Northern New Jersey and play for the Jets.  We have been through the teams warts numerous times, and for a Middle American New Jersey can be a shock to the system.

But the Florham Park area is actually not a bad place to live, and there are plenty of nice communities he can live in.  He is not sitting in NYC traffic.  His kids will go to a nice school.  He will live in a McMansion somewhere that will be very comfortable.

But the Jets have a "We have drafted lousy for 10 years and thus have a lot of cap space" slush fund that can allow them to offer Cousins a boat load of guaranteed money.  Likely more than the other teams that had to sign players like Von Miller or Anthony Barr.  

If Cousins does not sign with the Jets it will likely be despite the fact that the offered more money.  We can discuss the implications of that if it actually happens.

Kurt strikes me as a family man. We should be selling the wife. Not begging him on twitter. Let's send her some Broadway tickets or something. Better yet, get her an agent. Make her think there is a reality TV show in the works "A Christian Family in Sodom Manhattan." Play to her vanity. After he signs, have the agent dump her. Send her a nice card. "Sorry, toots. That's show business."

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

You make it sound like its jackson mississippi

I think we have to come to terms that no one of Cousin’s caliber or better will sign to the Jets.  The sooner we understand that the less painful it will be once free agency starts. We suck and will probably suck for a couple more years. We are not a QB a way from being good like Jacksonville, Minnesota or even Buffalo. 

Only way we right this ship is through the draft and signing good mid level free agents. Unfortunately we have failed to do so this far. We have to hit a home run with every pick in this upcoming draft.

2 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

I think we have to come to terms that no one of Cousin’s caliber or better will sign to the Jets.  The sooner we understand that the less painful it will be once free agency starts. We suck and will probably suck for a couple more years. We are not a QB a way from being good like Jacksonville, Minnesota or even Buffalo. 

Only way we right this ship is through the draft and signing good mid level free agents. Unfortunately we have failed to do so this far. We have to hit a home run with every pick in this upcoming draft.

Cousins is going where the money is.  

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

No, I haven't been to Jacksonville so I can't relate but I know NY & It's a TOTAL MESS...  I can't see Jacksonville being worse... plus the climate & the more of my own hard earned money I get to keep in my pocket... to me it's not even a question... Most importantly as a QB wanting to win it all, all the Jags really need in a decent QB (which Kirk ONLY is) to make a very good run to get to the SB.

hmm...interesting that Jax Florida is not on the list...

https://www.listchallenges.com/lonely-planets-100-best-cities-in-the-world

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

I think AZ is outta the mix, report came out a lil while ago stating that. We're even more in the clear.

AZ - not enough cap room and Arians is gone

Jax - sticking with Bortles

Browns - drafting a qb at 1, already have Kizer

Denver - need to cut good players to get enough cap plus they have a higher draft pick than us. Josh Allen is essentially a hometown kid

The Vikings are the only team that has the cap room and need

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

AZ - not enough cap room and Arians is gone

Jax - sticking with Bortles

Browns - drafting a qb at 1, already have Kizer

Denver - need to cut good players to get enough cap plus they have a higher draft pick than us. Josh Allen is essentially a hometown kid

The Vikings are the only team that has the cap room and need

Then the Vikings it is :)

He's getting paid no matter where he goes.  As a FA he can't just look at how a team looks today, he has to try to project a few years down the road.  He's signing as a longterm solution for a team not a 1 year fix.  a team that is good now may not be in 3 years and vice versa.

Cleveland- they have talent, cap room and a million picks.  if he goes there and they start winning(they will sooner than later) he can become legendary

Jacksonville. They are set up to win now BUT if he goes there and they don't at least make the title game then he is considered a failure.  A LOT of pressure going to Jax right now.

Vikings. same as Jax

Jets. we have some young talent, high picks, ton of cap room and Brady should be retiring w/in a few years. Just like Cle if he wins here he can become a legend.

Denver. they are nowhere near as good on D as when they carried Peyton in 2015 and the skill guys on O are getting old.

Arizona. Johnson is coming off serious injury, Fitz looks like he will be retiring soon and the Rams look like they will dominate that division.

a team not mentioned in original post is Buffalo.  Buffalo has a lot of young talent, cap room and a million picks just like Cleveland.  Buffalo was a QB away from being a serious contender this year and they should only get better around the QB in the coming years.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

He's getting paid no matter where he goes.  As a FA he can't just look at how a team looks today, he has to try to project a few years down the road.  He's signing as a longterm solution for a team not a 1 year fix.  a team that is good now may not be in 3 years and vice versa.

Cleveland- they have talent, cap room and a million picks.  if he goes there and they start winning(they will sooner than later) he can become legendary

Jacksonville. They are set up to win now BUT if he goes there and they don't at least make the title game then he is considered a failure.  A LOT of pressure going to Jax right now.

Vikings. same as Jax

Jets. we have some young talent, high picks, ton of cap room and Brady should be retiring w/in a few years. Just like Cle if he wins here he can become a legend.

Denver. they are nowhere near as good on D as when they carried Peyton in 2015 and the skill guys on O are getting old.

Arizona. Johnson is coming off serious injury, Fitz looks like he will be retiring soon and the Rams look like they will dominate that division.

a team not mentioned in original post is Buffalo.  Buffalo has a lot of young talent, cap room and a million picks just like Cleveland.  Buffalo was a QB away from being a serious contender this year and they should only get better around the QB in the coming years.

I agree, Buffalo can be an attarctive place for Cousins.

20 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I agree, Buffalo can be an attarctive place for Cousins.

The funny part of all of this is that many of us are not Todd Bowles fans, BUT, in NFL circles he's really well respected, is very good friends with Joe Gibbs, had ties to the Redskins, has just hired Rick Dennison, promoted Bates to OC, and everyone of these guys including Bowles are connected in someway to the coaches who have played a role in Kirk Cousins life and football career. Pretty interesting. Gibbs loves Bowles, both christians and friends, Kirk has been close to Gibbs, both Bates & Dennison have ties to the Shannahans who propelled Kirks career & literally took sides against Snyder in their belief that Kirk was the better QB in Washington. 

This could come down to that old business saying..."IT'S WHO YOU KNOW".

He’s from a small ass town in Illinois and went to Michigan State so living in Michigan wouldn’t be an issue for him. He could get a 10 bedroom house with 500 acres cheaper there then he could get a 2/2 in Jersey/NY and the vikes have a good roster but they don’t need a QB. 

Cleveland is probably the worst nfl franchise. 

Arizona is too hot. 

Jax has a good roster, no state tax, great stripclubs ?, great hunting/gun laws and good weather but have an ok QB. 

Denver is a great football program, it’s beautiful there, good enough hunting,  they have a good fan base and media, cost of living is ok and a need for a QB so they have a great shot to get him.

The NY/NJ have an awful roster, awful cost of living, ridiculous taxes, housing pricing are outrageous, traffic sucks, the owner is awful, we can’t get a good coach or GM, terrible hunting/gun laws (hunting is huge in Illinois) the media and fan base are super tough on players but there’s great food, NYC (if he’s interested) and a sh*t ton of money. If he does come here and does well he’ll be treated like a king and would be the 3rd best QB to put on a Jets jersey and there’s 3 early draft picks so there’s a chance to get a true offense weapon or great olineman. If he’s only good or average he’ll get ripped apart all year long.

That being said I can’t see him coming here unless we overpay him. 

11 hours ago, k-met57 said:

hmm...interesting that Jax Florida is not on the list...

https://www.listchallenges.com/lonely-planets-100-best-cities-in-the-world

The cities listed on the list don't equate to great places for a devout christian to live.  One of he cites listed is Istanbul.  Don't think the Cousins family would enjoy living there.  Big difference between being a tourist in a City, and raising a family  there.

Just to review, this player has made almost 50 million dollars in the last 2 years.  That's game checks every week of 2 mil or more. Imagine the pay stub.

Let's say he makes the decision to come to the Jets. There's no Von Miller or Joe Thomas asking him to come. It would purely be for money reasons, another 120+ mil, fully vested.

I think it would be fair to judge that player loves money more than winning (or even playing) and he will never be happy with the amount of money in the bank. He doesn't love this game like Jamal Adams. The dude won't earn that 120 mil. HE didn't even earn the 50. 

50 mil should be enough. Vernon Gholston and Mark Sanchez are living off their 50 mil just fine and dandy. 

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

The cities listed on the list don't equate to great places for a devout christian to live.  One of he cites listed is Istanbul.  Don't think the Cousins family would enjoy living there.  Big difference between being a tourist in a City, and raising a family  there.

you are the worlds only person who things Jax Floriday is a better place to live then NYC please stop.

Guys, I just want to take a moment to bask in the glory of this thread. This is the most replies I've ever received for one of my errant thought poops on here.

I am thinking of holding a celebratory parade and gala for this thread, date/time/location TBD.

DC

On 2/18/2018 at 6:55 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jets had a team capable of winning 5 games this past  year. We will have about 70 million in cap space after signing Cousins (probably a little less after some other deals for current young players that are close to free agency) and we will have 3 picks in the first 45 or so picks of the draft.

So ABSOLUTELY, the expectations will be vastly higher for him than they would be for a rookie or a Mccown/Bridgewater type and if you know anything about Cousins, he isn't one to back down from a challenge. He isn't the kind of guy that will be happy to collect a paycheck, he's the kind of guy that will want to prove the world wrong.

Assuming the team upgrades on offense (RB/OL/WR) I think we should expect to have a top 15 (maybe even top 10) offense and be in the playoff hunt year 1 and deep playoff runs during the first 3-4 years of his contract. There will be pressure on him and I am not worried about it. 

Good, that makes me feel better

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jets had a team capable of winning 5 games this past  year. We will have about 70 million in cap space after signing Cousins (probably a little less after some other deals for current young players that are close to free agency) and we will have 3 picks in the first 45 or so picks of the draft.

So ABSOLUTELY, the expectations will be vastly higher for him than they would be for a rookie or a Mccown/Bridgewater type and if you know anything about Cousins, he isn't one to back down from a challenge. He isn't the kind of guy that will be happy to collect a paycheck, he's the kind of guy that will want to prove the world wrong.

Assuming the team upgrades on offense (RB/OL/WR) I think we should expect to have a top 15 (maybe even top 10) offense and be in the playoff hunt year 1 and deep playoff runs during the first 3-4 years of his contract. There will be pressure on him and I am not worried about it. 

actually we had a team capable of winning many more than 5.  How many games did we blow this year?  if we could have closed out some games we could have easily won 8-9 games and been in the playoff hunt.  we have some pieces to build w/, I think we should be able to compete w/in a year or 2 IF we have a good offseason meaning spending our money wisely w/ all that cap room and drafting well. if we bring in Kirk and fix up the OL we can absolutely be a playoff contender in 2018.

21 hours ago, k-met57 said:

you are the worlds only person who things Jax Floriday is a better place to live then NYC please stop.

Go to JAX and poll the people there and I guarantee you that 90 percent would NEVER want to live in NYC. Same here in Charlotte.  

I lived in NYC, you and I are Pace U brothers BUT I LOVE it here and visit NYC now but even if you paid me 7 figures, I wouldn't go.

Many parts of the country offer a much greater life style.

Archived