YOU are Kirk Cousins

Dcronin

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Go to JAX and poll the people there and I guarantee you that 90 percent would NEVER want to live in NYC. Same here in Charlotte.  

I lived in NYC, you and I are Pace U brothers BUT I LOVE it here and visit NYC now but even if you paid me 7 figures, I wouldn't go.

Many parts of the country offer a much greater life style.

Yes but very few offer the kind of culture, diversity, and opportunity that NY does. look i moved out to NJ, its easy living here, i have an acre of space, big swimming pool, etc... doesn't mean i would ever tell anyone to go to live in Jax (where i have been BTW) over NYC. I also think that you are a transplant, so been there done that (like me in NJ now) i dont think its apples to apples for someone like Cousins or any NFL QB for that matter who isnt from here already.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Yes but very few offer the kind of culture, diversity, and opportunity that NY does. look i moved out to NJ, its easy living here, i have an acre of space, big swimming pool, etc... doesn't mean i would ever tell anyone to go to live in Jax (where i have been BTW) over NYC. I also think that you are a transplant, so been there done that (like me in NJ now) i dont think its apples to apples for someone like Cousins or any NFL QB for that matter who isnt from here already.

Pretty sure nobody on the team actually lives IN nyc. They're all out in NJ.

23 hours ago, bitonti said:

Just to review, this player has made almost 50 million dollars in the last 2 years.  That's game checks every week of 2 mil or more. Imagine the pay stub.

Let's say he makes the decision to come to the Jets. There's no Von Miller or Joe Thomas asking him to come. It would purely be for money reasons, another 120+ mil, fully vested.

I think it would be fair to judge that player loves money more than winning (or even playing) and he will never be happy with the amount of money in the bank. He doesn't love this game like Jamal Adams. The dude won't earn that 120 mil. HE didn't even earn the 50. 

50 mil should be enough. Vernon Gholston and Mark Sanchez are living off their 50 mil just fine and dandy. 

Except in this instance the player is union all the way and has been very vocal about it. He is well aware of what precedent he can set for future free agents with his contract. He’s also been vocal about the fact that whatever contract offers he receives are the product of work that came before him, and he has an obligation to pay that forward.  If I had to bet on anything this offseason it would be Cousins making his decision based solely on the deal. 

19 hours ago, Freemanm said:

I just don't want to see another Neil O'Donnel (who admittedly sucked before he got a huge contract from us) or Boomer Esiason situation

O'Donnell was an average QB on a good team, we were terrible and obviously overpaid but to get a player in FA you usually have to overpay especially a starting QB.  Boomer was at the end of his career, he was a lot like LT was for us back in 2010.  He started off great the first month or so then faded as the season went on.

Cousins is a good starter, he's a pro bowl caliber starter and he's still young.  is he great? no, will he be great? probably not but he will stabilize this position for many years if we sign him.  He's like an Eli Manning type.  Not flashy, not great but w/ the right talent around him your team can win.  we have seen so many starting QBs for our team through the years, very rarely have we had any stability.  This would likely bring that.

we'll see what happens.

I love living in NY and I find most people who say they wouldnt ever live in or near NYC have either never been here and or couldnt afford it if they wanted too.

Their opinion doesnt count.

If Kirk comes to the Jets he will easily afford the best of the best NY and NNJ has to offer.

Archived