• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2018 at 10:19 PM, HighPitch said:

Yoy guys are downplaying nyc. 

Arizona? A sh*thole

Min? A winter sh*thole

Denver? Another winter sh*thole with meth heads

Cleveland? I dont even know where to begin with this one.... 

Ny or jax are desireable family places

ny IS a TOTAL MESS, run by a moronic communist mayor & governed by a delusional self aggrandizing governor...  NO THX.

On 17/02/2018 at 10:35 AM, Dcronin said:

4. Jets. Another team on the rise, theoretically, with cap room and a major media market to become a hero in. Hopefully some new offensive weapons thru draft. A zombie for a head coach.

Don’t think Bowles has anything in common with a creature whose entire sustinence depends on brains.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This

Mac knows he can’t evaluate college qbs for crap his only way of surviving another year is getting a sure thing qb

If feels like this has been in the works for quite some time - Yes, the tank was in place last year - but it wasn't about wins and losses - it was about clearing cap space for Cousins.

My guess is the Jets are going to do whatever it takes to get him.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If the priority is money, go where the biggest offer is, likely the Jets. 

If the Jets sign a player whose only priority is money and fully guarantee the deal, what is the motivation for this player to play hard every week? 

and if you think it's a rhetorical question watch Kirk Cousins' performance week 17 vs the NYG.

If the Jets sign a player whose only priority is money and fully guarantee the deal, what is the motivation for this player to play hard every week? 
and if you think it's a rhetorical question watch Kirk Cousins' performance week 17 vs the NYG.

I don’t think players who are motivated primarily by money are lazy, especially when they aren’t signing the last contract they’ll sign, and by all accounts Cousins is a hard-working perfectionist. I don’t think this is a Mo Wilk situation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don’t think players who are motivated primarily by money are lazy, especially when they aren’t signing the last contract they’ll sign, and by all accounts Cousins is a hard-working perfectionist. I don’t think this is a Mo Wilk situation.

stop using the words think and hope. Watch the film. The guy mails it in against divisional foes. He does it all the time. Maybe because his name is Kirk instead of Muhammad people want to give him more benefit of the doubt.

here's the unspoken secret: when the chips are down, when the games are in the division, Kirk Cousins sucks.

Jets fans aren't actually evaluating the film. They are hoping he's video game Kirk Cousins from 2 years ago. 

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Oh come on that rarely how it works for anyone that makes crazy money. 

You always get used to your lifestyle and want more.

All im saying about these sh*tholes is jet fans always down play coming to ny as if its a negatuve. Its nonsense. A lot of people find it attractive. I get the tax thing but aside from that its a plus. 

How many famous people choose to return to their farm where they grew up? Almost none. Even upon retirement they stay in interesting places like la and nyc

Once a person accumulates over a certain amount of money, adding more money doesn't change your life in any capacity. 

Kirk Cousins could have 50 million, 100 million, 200 million in the bank and his day to day life doesn't change much from when he had 10.

If he gets to the tres comma level maybe he could ball out harder (Billionaire) but that's not what we are talking about here. He can play until he's 50 and not make a billion. 

Quality of life is a factor. LA and NY has some of the worst traffic in the world.  

stop using the words think and hope. Watch the film. The guy mails it in against divisional foes. He does it all the time. Maybe because his name is Kirk instead of Muhammad people want to give him more benefit of the doubt.
here's the unspoken secret: when the chips are down, when the games are in the division, Kirk Cousins sucks.
Jets fans aren't actually evaluating the film. They are hoping he's video game Kirk Cousins from 2 years ago. 

I’m not sure how what you’re talking about has anything to do with the thread or what I said. But I get it, you’re anti-Cousins.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I’m not sure how what you’re talking about has anything to do with the thread or what I said. But I get it, you’re anti-Cousins.

Im anti the Giants and I've never seen a laydown job worse than week 17. 

Maybe Pro Cousins fans don't want the facts. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000900678/Redskins-vs-Giants-highlights-Week-17

do me a favor watch Kirk Cousins first pick and tell  me he's worth 100 million 

Im anti the Giants and I've never seen a laydown job worse than week 17. 
Maybe Pro Cousins fans don't want the facts. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000900678/Redskins-vs-Giants-highlights-Week-17

do me a favor watch Kirk Cousins first pick and tell  me he's worth 100 million 

Serious question; do you have me confused with someone else?

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious question; do you have me confused with someone else?

You described Kirk Cousins as a hard working perfectionist. I put up highlights of Week 17. Perfectionists try to be perfect all the time not just when they feel like it.  

You described Kirk Cousins as a hard working perfectionist. I put up highlights of Week 17. Perfectionists try to be perfect all the time not just when they feel like it.  

I’m going by what I’ve read about him by respected journalists. Feel free to make up your mind based on one meaningless Week 17 game you have seemingly decided he didn’t try in...

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I’m going by what I’ve read about him by respected journalists. Feel free to make up your mind based on one meaningless Week 17 game you have seemingly decided he didn’t try in...

serious question did you watch the highlight? Have you watched any of Kirk Cousins this year? He's amazing in road games that don't matter like Seattle. THe NFC East beats him like he stole something 

36 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Once a person accumulates over a certain amount of money, adding more money doesn't change your life in any capacity. 

Kirk Cousins could have 50 million, 100 million, 200 million in the bank and his day to day life doesn't change much from when he had 10.

If he gets to the tres comma level maybe he could ball out harder (Billionaire) but that's not what we are talking about here. He can play until he's 50 and not make a billion. 

Quality of life is a factor. LA and NY has some of the worst traffic in the world.  

Well we can agree to disagree. I dont know of any trend where wealthy people suddenly ease off earning more simply because they have a lot. I see it as the other way around. Its cool

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Have you been to Jacksonville? You are missing the point. Its not exactly a great place to live compared to say NYC, Denver, Arizona, etc...

No, I haven't been to Jacksonville so I can't relate but I know NY & It's a TOTAL MESS...  I can't see Jacksonville being worse... plus the climate & the more of my own hard earned money I get to keep in my pocket... to me it's not even a question... Most importantly as a QB wanting to win it all, all the Jags really need in a decent QB (which Kirk ONLY is) to make a very good run to get to the SB.

42 minutes ago, jetsons said:

No, I haven't been to Jacksonville so I can't relate but I know NY & It's a TOTAL MESS...  I can't see Jacksonville being worse... plus the climate & the more of my own hard earned money I get to keep in my pocket... to me it's not even a question... Most importantly as a QB wanting to win it all, all the Jags really need in a decent QB (which Kirk ONLY is) to make a very good run to get to the SB.

I AM KIRK COUSINS.

Okay, I'll play.

I AM KIRK COUSINS AND I WON'T GO TO NEW YORK BECAUSE THE JETS ARE THE REDSKINS IN GREEN UNIFORMS AND THAT'S THE EXACT SITUATION I'M TRYING TO ESCAPE FROM.  I DON'T CARE IF THEY OFFER ME 50% OF THE FRANCHISE, I'M NOT GOING THERE.  EVER.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I AM KIRK COUSINS.

Okay, I'll play.

I AM KIRK COUSINS AND I WON'T GO TO NEW YORK BECAUSE THE JETS ARE THE REDSKINS IN GREEN UNIFORMS AND THAT'S THE EXACT SITUATION I'M TRYING TO ESCAPE FROM.  I DON'T CARE IF THEY OFFER ME 50% OF THE FRANCHISE, I'M NOT GOING THERE.  EVER.

SAR I

Let me add Kirk would also say this team is a mess with a GM and HC who would not be in the NFL if not for the NY Jets, possibly the worse WR corps in the NFL, an OL that will get me killed and an owner who ran away to London. 

joewilly12

If I were Cousins I would sign with the Jets because the exceptions would be lower, but I would insist they get some onlinemen
I have been to Jacksonville and while there could be some nice places but if you are looking for metropolitan living it is not the place to be

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

the best private schools in the country are in New England.  

You sorted for high schools not elementary schools (or more relevant, nursery schools). 

Cousins has 1 child right now, who isn’t even 1 year old yet. Private HS rankings matter little (if not zero) to him right now. 

Then you’d have to resort beyond that by religious elementary or K-12s, since there’s every likelihood that’s where his kids will go (if he’s still on the same team 5+ years from now). The single best one in New England - in Providence - is literally #50 on the list you provided, with a handful of schools in NYC/NJ ranked higher (some significantly higher). Next-highest in all of NE is around #200. 

On 2/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, BigRy56 said:

Nothing makes people want more money than already having more money than they can spend for the rest of their lives. It's a vicious cycle.

He drives an old van, I doubt he really cares that much about money.  His family probably does.

You take money out of the equation its the Vikings all day easily. They have a great coach, great new OC who was a quarterbacks coach, top 5 defense, electric new running back (coming ACL injury but still), one of the league leading receiver tandem in Thielen and Diggs, play in an indoor stadium, great fans and stable franchise. Also did I mention their offensive line is pretty solid? It's the Vikings and its not even close.

FORTUNATELY --- CASH IS KING.

Money talks, a lot, so we are gunna have to give a substantial amount of money with guarantees to get him. Which, I don't have a problem with. Sign him and be done with it. Get a damn franchise QB and see what we can do. - Pay the man. 

One of the big questions is: if Cousins is given a monster contract, can he handle the expectations? Don't tell me that none of you will be calling for his head if he comes in here and the Jets have another 7-9 or 6-10 season - even if he plays well. He played generally well for the Redskins, but they have wallowed in mediocrity for the entire time he's started for them. What will be different about the Jets?

5 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

One of the big questions is: if Cousins is given a monster contract, can he handle the expectations? Don't tell me that none of you will be calling for his head if he comes in here and the Jets have another 7-9 or 6-10 season - even if he plays well. He played generally well for the Redskins, but they have wallowed in mediocrity for the entire time he's started for them. What will be different about the Jets?

Jets had a team capable of winning 5 games this past  year. We will have about 70 million in cap space after signing Cousins (probably a little less after some other deals for current young players that are close to free agency) and we will have 3 picks in the first 45 or so picks of the draft.

So ABSOLUTELY, the expectations will be vastly higher for him than they would be for a rookie or a Mccown/Bridgewater type and if you know anything about Cousins, he isn't one to back down from a challenge. He isn't the kind of guy that will be happy to collect a paycheck, he's the kind of guy that will want to prove the world wrong.

Assuming the team upgrades on offense (RB/OL/WR) I think we should expect to have a top 15 (maybe even top 10) offense and be in the playoff hunt year 1 and deep playoff runs during the first 3-4 years of his contract. There will be pressure on him and I am not worried about it. 

Archived