Per sources, Jets could offer Kirk Cousins fully guaranteed contract. (Merged Cousins Jets $$$ thread)

53 minutes ago, slats said:

The premise of this article is stupid but so are the Jets, so who knows? 

The Jets have cap room this year, that doesn't mean they're going to be in great cap shape 4-6 years from now. What they can do is comfortably fit $50M of Cousins' potential contract under the 2018 cap. That's a win-win move for the Jets, who'd be reducing their cap costs on the contract in the future while enticing Cousins with a sh!t-ton of money in the first year of the deal. Denver can't give him that kind of money up front without spreading it out over the life of the deal in the form of a huge bonus. So it would not surprise me if the Jets offered Cousins more than $100M guaranteed over the first three years of a deal. They should not offer any guarantees beyond that, but this is the GM who let himself get completely hosed by Ryan Fitzpatrick so anything's possible. 

If I had to guess that is exactly what the Jets will do. Cousins will get big time guaranteed money for the first 3 years of the deal which is something the Jets can afford to do and something teams like Broncos and Vikings can't afford to do. 

The article only said , "league sources believe the Jets could offer Cousins a 4-6 year fully guaranteed contract to sway him to sign with them." It didn't say the jets were prepared or were even contemplating that type of offer. It's also possible that league source is, in typical pre-Free Agency/Pre-Draft fashion, spreading BS to help their own teams cause. 

Worst scenario for jets is cousins signing with vikes, because it doesn't solve the logjam of qb needs at the top of the draft.   Whether you are pro or against Cousins to jets, we can agree that browns/denver would be the desirable options (instead of Jax or Vikes).

And isn't this tampering?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/18/vikings-new-offensive-coordinator-praises-kirk-cousins/

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Pcola said:

Cousins has had Jag after jag at RB and an injury plagued OL since he took over in Wash.

Cousins owes half his signing bonus to RB Chris Thompson. WSH fans will be the first to tell you that. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Like Pcola said above, you pray any of these rookies become as good as Cousins. 6-7 years of the same QB with Bates & Dennison? Sign me up, in fact I'm going to be very disappointed if Kirk does not choose the Jets. 

really? i don't pray for my future franchise QB to have a bunch of drubbed up stat lines and no play off wins. Mark Sanchez has more (earned) playoff wins than Cousins. Stop pretending like he's not had a chances (as well as challenges)... you guys insist on only telling half the story.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Yards per year seems like the only stat people can use to justify this turd. It can be a VERY deceptive stat.

Signing Cousins is the dumbest possible thing the Jets can do in their current situation. 

Hypothetically, if the Jest signed Cousins and Landry or A. Robinson and then trade down with a team that wants a QB and use the 12-18th pick in the draft to select a tackle/Guard, use one of the 2 2nd round picks to draft one of the highly touted RBs and use the rest of the picks to address other needs, you'd be upset? We could instantly have a top 10 offense (if not better) and an offense that wouldn't be a 1 year wonder, it would be good for a long time. 

Signing Cousins in a vacuum for a team that was just rebuilding is dumb. Signing Cousins  and building a talented offense around him if you think the defense is ready to take the next step (with more minor tweaks) is actually a really good idea. 

The Jags went from laughing stock to Super Bowl Contenders over night with some free agent pick ups and that was with Bortles as their QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Last year stat wise it’s not factually incorrect, compare the 2 McCown was the better QB stats wise.  Every god damn argument for pro giving Cousins crazy money to sign here starts, and ends with his stats, and has zero to do with look how much he won, and carried a team on his back, if I’m paying 30 million that god damn MFer better be able to Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady any roster to the playoffs, and neither of those 2 guys make anywhere near Cousins future price tag so sorry can’t get behind it for 30 million, and/or fully guaranteed deal.  At a reasonable fair market price for what your getting with Cousins somewhere around 20 million per where you can get out of it Year 3 without crazy Cap dead money hit sure I’m in, and you better still draft a QB early in this draft, otherwise no thanks.

You prefer McCown > Cousins, because they're totally the same.  I heard the Vikings might give McCown 30 mil a year too.

And even if we sign one of the Cousins/McCown twins, we still need to draft a QB high because reasons.

Got it.  

So lets look at numbers OTHER than just last year:

McCown's Avg. Career Game:  

16 for 26 (60.4%) for 181 Yards, 1 TD, 0.8 INT, 2.4 Sacked, 0.8 Fumbles, QB Rate of 80.8

Cousins' Avg. Career Game: 

22 for 33 (65.5%) for 261 Yards, 1.6 TD, 0.8 INT, 1.7 Sacked, 0.6 Fumbles, QB Rate of 93.7

You're right, totally the same.  I'm onboard, sign McCown, Trade all the picks for Darnold, Super Bowls will ROLL IN!!!!

Look, I get the cost complaint.  Even though it's not our money, and given our space won't hamstring us at all.

I simply don't get the Cousins = McCown based on a single partial year where McCown (at like 132 years old) had a decent year, and Cousins had literally nothing around him due to injury and trades.

Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady aren't available.  These draft picks are not them.  Cousins is, without question, the best QB available this offseason.

If you prefer to draft, fine, risky as hell with a small chance of success, but fine.  

But please, lets just stop with the "well, in this one game McCown was just as good as Cousins in this one game" cherry picking.  They're not the same, and no one with any insight thinks so.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yards per year seems like the only stat people can use to justify this turd. It can be a VERY deceptive stat.

Signing Cousins is the dumbest possible thing the Jets can do in their current situation. 

For posterity, what is the SMARTEST thing the Jets could do in their current situation (at QB)?

56 minutes ago, Pcola said:

There is no denying that Cleveland is 11 months from firing Hue Jackson.  Right now there is no guarantee that they keep any of the staff.  Regardless, Cousins would have to learn a new offense this year and possibly next year.  Where with the Jets will be running the same offense he has run his entire career.

And Denver, if I’m mistaken won 4 or 5games last year.  And to improve their situation and add Cousins, they become worse at corner and WR.  They have not drafted very well recently and the roster shows it.

The Jets can add Cousins, improve their OL and CB via Free agency, and still have a top 6pick where we can take Barkley, Chubb, or Edmunds, and don’t have to decide between Allen and Mayfield.

LOL..is there any guarantees Bowles or any of his staff stays?

59 minutes ago, Pcola said:

There is no denying that Cleveland is 11 months from firing Hue Jackson.  Right now there is no guarantee that they keep any of the staff.  Regardless, Cousins would have to learn a new offense this year and possibly next year.  Where with the Jets will be running the same offense he has run his entire career.

And Denver, if I’m mistaken won 4 or 5games last year.  And to improve their situation and add Cousins, they become worse at corner and WR.  They have not drafted very well recently and the roster shows it.

The Jets can add Cousins, improve their OL and CB via Free agency, and still have a top 6pick where we can take Barkley, Chubb, or Edmunds, and don’t have to decide between Allen and Mayfield.

There is no denying that Bowles is fired in 11 months if they don’t get Cousins.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Fans do realize that a "doomsday" scenario can be made for every QB available this
off-season.  There are pages of criticism in this thread about Cousins but what
about the college QB's.  Anyone could be picked apart:

- Rosen: he has a bad frame, he's missed a lot of games with injuries, he has a
bad attitude and he didn't win in college

- Darnold: he's a QB from USC (enough said), he's turnover prone and for a potential
#1 pick he's looked overmatched (Wash St. game)

- Mayfield: he's short, he's another Manziel, he plays in a league that doesn't play
defense so his stats don't matter

- Allen: he's played against average competition and hasn't dominated, he's inaccurate,
when he's played against decent teams he's looked overmatched

- Jackson: he runs entirely too much, he doesn't play from the pocket, his mechanics
have to be tightened up and he's inaccurate in the intermediate area

Blah, blah, blah we can't sit around for another 50 years waiting for a QB we have to
pull the trigger.  Whether it's on Cousins or a college QB there are going to be 
questions, stop crying and deal with it 

You earn trust, you are not handed it and jets fans have every right to question any decision or potential decisions the team makes until they prove they are at least competent.  We've been 'dealing with it' for many years.

2 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Spot on Post. 

I am not a cap expert but with $100m In cap space could the Jets sign Cousins for a record deal but front load the cap hit in 2018 and 2019 (especially in 2018)? 

I think this is the point that many people overlook.  Because of 5+ years of bad drafting, the Jets have TOO MUCH cap room.  They can do like they did in 2015 and pay the ILB or CBs, or they can use it to acquire a QB and save their draft picks.  

Cousins would be guaranteed alot of money. It will not be a 150 million.  I can see it being 90-100.   If they can frontload as much as possible in 2018 and use the excess cap space, they can reboot the drive and try to come up with a strategy going forward, with hopefully will be finding a good QB prospect in the middle/bottom of the first round where they should be drafting and developing him.   Cousins needs a supporting case, so arguably the most he should be counting toward the cap in 2019 and beyond is $25mm.  Have the numbers work with that and see what happens.  If Cousins is under contract in years 4 and 5 for $25mm and playing well, go with it.  

The Jets will never be a team that is driven by a true franchise QB.  It is not in our DNA.  The fans want a ferocious defense, tough OL and strong running game.  When we have had that, everyone has been happy.  

Carson Wentz would have been perfect for the Jets in retrospect, but the closest to him in this draft is Darnold.  Everyone knows that.  Allen is closer to Hack than Wentz.  As painful as it is, a frontloaded Cousins contract and rebuild of the OL are the best strategies for this team, in my view.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Bowles has better odds, simply because he and his GM are tied at the hip. The Browns have a new GM front office, and may want to bring in their own coach no matter what.

Better odds, sure.

Not good enough odds to act like we have such a stable environment/front office for him to glamour over.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants are dumping Richburg because he’s never, ever healthy and the Dolphins are only letting Landry hit free agency because he’s a virulent a$$hole who averages fewer yards per catch than most tight ends. In your scenario, you give major money to Cousins and Trumaine Johnson because the Jets don’t have to re-up any of their bad draft picks, but that bit of truth means you’re about to have a bunch of gaping holes in the next two years that you don’t have the ability to fill because you’ve burned your FA dollars on other team’s exiles and used the sixth overall pick on a guard and a second round pick on Sony Michel. As soon as next year, in your scenario, you have no defensive linemen under contract, you’d only have Landry and ASJ under contract as receivers, you’d have to re-up or replace Beachum at OLT. Are you re-signing Darron Lee and giving Leonard Williams Fletcher Cox money? etc etc etc. You dudes talk about giving Cousins five years of guaranteed money, and it’s to buy yourselves, really, one year of competitive football before the cupboard is bare and Mike Maccagnan’s sub-Idzikian drafting skills tank the roster altogether.

If McStupid had any draft skills at all there would be a future by going draft.  That skill is not in his tool box.  So lets just get the best FA's and build our OL.

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You prefer McCown > Cousins, because they're totally the same.  I heard the Vikings might give McCown 30 mil a year too.

And even if we sign one of the Cousins/McCown twins, we still need to draft a QB high because reasons.

Got it.  

So lets look at numbers OTHER than just last year:

McCown's Avg. Career Game:  

16 for 26 (60.4%) for 181 Yards, 1 TD, 0.8 INT, 2.4 Sacked, 0.8 Fumbles, QB Rate of 80.8

Cousins' Avg. Career Game: 

22 for 33 (65.5%) for 261 Yards, 1.6 TD, 0.8 INT, 1.7 Sacked, 0.6 Fumbles, QB Rate of 93.7

You're right, totally the same.  I'm onboard, sign McCown, Trade all the picks for Darnold, Super Bowls will ROLL IN!!!!

Look, I get the cost complaint.  Even though it's not our money, and given our space won't hamstring us at all.

I simply don't get the Cousins = McCown based on a single partial year where McCown (at like 132 years old) had a decent year, and Cousins had literally nothing around him due to injury and trades.

Aaron Rogers and Tom Brady aren't available.  These draft picks are not them.  Cousins is, without question, the best QB available this offseason.

If you prefer to draft, fine, risky as hell with a small chance of success, but fine.  

But please, lets just stop with the "well, in this one game McCown was just as good as Cousins in this one game" cherry picking.  They're not the same, and no one with any insight thinks so.  

Lol let’s put words in my mouth to prove a point that isn’t even remotely close to the conversation.  Read my ******* posts I don’t want nothing to do with anyone like McCown EVER!!!!!!  Not as a starting QB, and I’m not paying the perennial 7-9 Kirk Cousins, **** off with your other nonsense, it’s ******* jibberish, and has nothing to do with anything I said, reading is fundamental.

Just now, sourceworx said:

Of course not. 

But are the Broncos more stable? The front office may be, but the coaching staff isn't.

The Broncos have their fair share of laundry. The choice will most likely be made on Money/Location more so than Cousins is letting off. Cousins will most likely be able to talk himself into the talent a team has if everything else is up to his standard of satisfaction. Denver still have pieces, Jets have a few and hell even the Browns do. All 3 teams have top 10 selections and two have an abundance of money. Definitely think with each situation presenting the same gig in a sense, it will come down to $$/location more than anything else.

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cousins owes half his signing bonus to RB Chris Thompson. WSH fans will be the first to tell you that. 

really? i don't pray for my future franchise QB to have a bunch of drubbed up stat lines and no play off wins. Mark Sanchez has more (earned) playoff wins than Cousins. Stop pretending like he's not had a chances (as well as challenges)... you guys insist on only telling half the story.

No but who’s to say it can’t change? It’s totally different team and situation. We know he’s a good QB regardless of wins or stats or whatever. Unbelievable how people are upset at the jets pursuing a good qb, where we can finally not worry about the position for the next 5-6 years. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

, a frontloaded Cousins contract and rebuild of the OL are the best strategies for this team, in my view.

How do you do both?  Front load 70 million of Cousins, and you can’t build anything around him, we have ZERO talent at RB, WR, or TE (assuming R Anderson is suspended, cut, or whatever because of off field stupidity, but even just him isn’t enough), Cousins flat out sucked last year if I’m being honest outside of one game vs Seattle, and the Jets less to work with on Offense then the Redskins had last season if they tie up all their available cap space on Cousins, and don’t give me Barkley he won’t be available at 6, and don’t tell me you trust the Jets to get anything right outside an early BPA safe 1st round pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

This year it will be which CB we take at 6

you've posted this like 6 or 7 times already.  While possible, it's not certain. But of course, the more often you post it, the greater the likelihood you will be correct, amirite? 

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

No but who’s to say it can’t change? It’s totally different team and situation. We know he’s a good QB regardless of wins or stats or whatever. Unbelievable how people are upset at the jets pursuing a good qb, where we can finally not worry about the position for the next 5-6 years. 

I'm speaking about this fully guaranteed crap - and to the audience who are drinking that koolaide. I know i've been a vocal dick about the whole thing, but i'm genuinely trying to move past all that and just be "ok" with it all..

Fully guaranteed? Faaack that brah 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Unbelievable how people are upset at the jets pursuing a good qb,

I don’t think anybody is upset with the Jets signing Cousins, it’s if the Jets sign Cousins to a ridiculous contract that he is on no way worth signing at that price, and having a QB for 5 years going 7-9 at best because Cousins is useless without an elite roster around him which you can’t afford down the road.  Again I’ll say it for the umpteenth time Cousins at about 20 million per where you can get out after year 3 without killing yourself with dead cap space, and you still draft a QB in this upcoming draft early I’m all in.  Any scenario where he is highest ever paid NFL player AND crazy guaranteed money hell no!

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

How do you do both?  Front load 70 million of Cousins, and you can’t build anything around him, we have ZERO talent at RB, WR, or TE (assuming R Anderson is suspended, cut, or whatever because of off field stupidity, but even just him isn’t enough), Cousins flat out sucked last year if I’m being honest outside of one game vs Seattle, and the Jets less to work with on Offense then the Redskins had last season if they tie up all their available cap space on Cousins, and don’t give me Barkley he won’t be available at 6, and don’t tell me you trust the Jets to get anything right outside an early BPA safe 1st round pick.

Even a frontloaded contract would likely have a hit of 50mm or so, not necessarily 70.

The Jets have 3 draft picks in the first 50 and and probably another of 30-50 of cap room if they sign Cousins.  

The Jets can knock of the center with Jensen in FA.  Otherwise its a second round pick for one of the three top centers.  Otherwise the second round pick can be used for a G.

TE will be addressed with Leggett and FAs-Tomlinson, ASJ, guy form Philly.

One of the second round picks will go for a RB-Jones, guy from SDSU, Guice, guy from Auburn.

First round pick can be used for Nelson, a CB, or a future OT.  In the latter 2 cases its a trade down.

The OL is a multi-year project.  Center this year is priority one.  Close priority 2 is upgrading G.  Unfortunately, Winters may need a future upgrade as well.

This will not be easy, but I think its doable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

you've posted this like 6 or 7 times already.  While possible, it's not certain. But of course, the more often you post it, the greater the likelihood you will be correct, amirite? 

Manifesting thoughts and energy into reality. We as humans mold the universe with our energy. Thoughts and reactions let off electromagnetic sparks in the brain.(AKA, energy) Once it is sent into the universe.. anything can become.

Its karma, it’s vibrations, it’s everything.

What does this all mean? Phil is a shaman and a incarnated ancient pharaoh who sought out the knowledge of Solomon in his last life.

idk, I just smoked a bunch of pot tbh.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Even a frontloaded contract would likely have a hit of 50mm or so, not necessarily 70.

The Jets have 3 draft picks in the first 50 and and probably another of 30-50 of cap room if they sign Cousins.  

The Jets can knock of the center with Jensen in FA.  Otherwise its a second round pick for one of the three top centers.  Otherwise the second round pick can be used for a G.

TE will be addressed with Leggett and FAs-Tomlinson, ASJ, guy form Philly.

One of the second round picks will go for a RB-Jones, guy from SDSU, Guice, guy from Auburn.

First round pick can be used for Nelson, a CB, or a future OT.  In the latter 2 cases its a trade down.

The OL is a multi-year project.  Center this year is priority one.  Close priority 2 is upgrading G.  Unfortunately, Winters may need a future upgrade as well.

This will not be easy, but I think its doable.

Now do this from a Denver fan perspective. Or a Browns fan.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Last year stat wise it’s not factually incorrect, compare the 2 McCown was the better QB stats wise.  Every god damn argument for pro giving Cousins crazy money to sign here starts, and ends with his stats, and has zero to do with look how much he won, and carried a team on his back, if I’m paying 30 million that god damn MFer better be able to Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady any roster to the playoffs, and neither of those 2 guys make anywhere near Cousins future price tag so sorry can’t get behind it for 30 million, and/or fully guaranteed deal.  At a reasonable fair market price for what your getting with Cousins somewhere around 20 million per where you can get out of it Year 3 without crazy Cap dead money hit sure I’m in, and you better still draft a QB early in this draft, otherwise no thanks.

last year's stats in no way prove that Cousins = McCown.  Your whole argument is premised on that fallacy.  Just stop with that.  Plenty of other good reasons not to want Cousins.  But *that* is not one of them.  You know as well as the rest of us that last year was an aberration for McCown (just like Fitz's 30 TD year was for him).  Cousins is way better than McCown, so the minute you post that they are the same, all credibility is forfeited.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I don’t think anybody is upset with the Jets signing Cousins, it’s if the Jets sign Cousins to a ridiculous contract that he is on no way worth signing at that price, and having a QB for 5 years going 7-9 at best because Cousins is useless without an elite roster around him which you can’t afford down the road.  Again I’ll say it for the umpteenth time Cousins at about 20 million per where you can get out after year 3 without killing yourself with dead cap space, and you still draft a QB in this upcoming draft early I’m all in.  Any scenario where he is highest ever paid NFL player AND crazy guaranteed money hell no!

I think this is about right-22.5 is probably the right number, but the way to rationalize it is to use the excess room the Jets have this year to make his running cost that and frontload the excess into this year.  If to do that the Jets dump Mo, Skrine, Forte and Carpenter and invest in future younger players, that can be a good plan.  

And with Cousins, Mac does not get an expensive back up QB.  He can use his second round pick and another draft pick.  

34 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think this is the point that many people overlook.  Because of 5+ years of bad drafting, the Jets have TOO MUCH cap room.  They can do like they did in 2015 and pay the ILB or CBs, or they can use it to acquire a QB and save their draft picks.  

Cousins would be guaranteed alot of money. It will not be a 150 million.  I can see it being 90-100.   If they can frontload as much as possible in 2018 and use the excess cap space, they can reboot the drive and try to come up with a strategy going forward, with hopefully will be finding a good QB prospect in the middle/bottom of the first round where they should be drafting and developing him.   Cousins needs a supporting case, so arguably the most he should be counting toward the cap in 2019 and beyond is $25mm.  Have the numbers work with that and see what happens.  If Cousins is under contract in years 4 and 5 for $25mm and playing well, go with it.  

The Jets will never be a team that is driven by a true franchise QB.  It is not in our DNA.  The fans want a ferocious defense, tough OL and strong running game.  When we have had that, everyone has been happy.  

Carson Wentz would have been perfect for the Jets in retrospect, but the closest to him in this draft is Darnold.  Everyone knows that.  Allen is closer to Hack than Wentz.  As painful as it is, a frontloaded Cousins contract and rebuild of the OL are the best strategies for this team, in my view.

So you want to pay Kirk Cousins 70 million the next 2 years to go 7-9, and then HOPE year 3 when we can reload, and finally put a team around him he can get us to the playoffs, AND we magically also drafted, and will be  successfully developing a QB to take over for Cousins 2 years later, yeah that sounds like a the Jetsiest Jet thing to do.

1 hour ago, jetgreen13 said:

question?? cousins is a proven 4,000+ guy entering his prime..

would you envision bowles giving cousins the freedom to continue to put up those kind of yards?? i don't but I'm cool with that.. because if bowles tries to make the highest paid player in the league a glorifed game manager, he will be setting himself up to get fired before the end of next season.. & i'm definitely cool with that..

time to stop living in the past & bring in a dynamic offensive minded HC.. we are long over due.....

if Bowles wouldn't give an established veteran that freedom, then he certainly won't be doing so for any of the rookie class of QBs either.  Any QB drafted this year will be rigidly shackled by Bowles over the next 2 years for sure.  And way more than Cousins would be.  So the point is moot.  

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

disagree.  100%

Washington was a 3-4 win team without Cousins starting.  8-9 win team with him starting (combined with a diminution in the group of Redskins WRs and RB's).  Cousins indeed made a difference on that putrid team getting them to over .500 when the rest of their roster was nothing more than a 3-4 win team.  The rest of the Redskins roster looks as bad as, if not worse than, the Jets roster last year.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Guarantee $80 mil of it. $40 this year, $30 next year, $10 in 2020. Don’t saddle the next administration with this contract. 

The main reason Cousins would sign here is because since this is his big chance to grab the brass ring he's going to want as much log term years and guaranteed money as he can get. Don't fault him for that objectively. But clear the Jets will be bidding against themselves.   

And the reason to would come down to money; there are no real high quality skill players. The OL is bad. There is not a sure-handed dumpoff TE like Kelce/Gronk/Witten. The coach is an idiot who thinks he can win 7-3.Now may be it always comes down to money. But thinking out loud if there was a  decent OL and people like Marshall and Decker here, might even be a decent reason to sign here. But that's not this team. And in the out years, how do you fill out a team while resigning Williams, Lee, Adams and keep Cousins upright? Any way you look at it drafting a QB makes way more sense. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Washington: 3-4 wins in the 2 years prior to Cousins starting. 8-9 wins the 2 years after, with a WR group that was absolutely horrid and worse than that of the Jets. (Terrelle Pryor....  really?) His ONLY 2 weapons were Chris Thompson and Jordan Reed, who plays in fewer than 50% of the games.  Just putrid.  The Washington defense is no help either.