Seriously, this Chase Edmonds RB

Paradis

This has become a full on crush. Everything i see on him is gorgeous. What a natural talent, with pro-level athleticism. So smooth...  

Yes i know, it's a big downgrade in defense, but it's not the homerun part that I'm smitten with, look at those first 5-10 steps. Silky. 

He's like Tomlinson-lite

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dude you want me to like this guy and you trot out a 2016 game vs yale?  I saw nothing overly special in that video other than about one run.  UDFA 3rd down back maybe, if he can catch at all.

thanks. I'll go back to not contributing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

I really see nothing special in that video... all I see is a very late pick to an udfa.. just my opinion.

Suit yourself. He has 70 something receptions this last year and can run it for 5 yards a clip. Getting an all purpose back like that in the 4th round would be solid! 

15 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I'm all in on Nick Chubb .  The Jets need a big bruiser who can carry the load and be the feature RB . 

Especially with the latest report being that the JETS see Powell only as a compliment back. 

Get Chubb and let Powell compliment him... I would like Sony Michel but if the report is true then get Chubb

McGuire can get all of 10 carries all year as far as I care. I am not a McGuire fan.

5 hours ago, Stark said:

Especially with the latest report being that the JETS see Powell only as a compliment back. 

Get Chubb and let Powell compliment him... I would like Sony Michel but if the report is true then get Chubb

McGuire can get all of 10 carries all year as far as I care. I am not a McGuire fan.

Well, I am a McGuire fan and I see him as a younger version of Powell . It took Jet fans forever to come around about Powell and some still don't think much of him now .

The way I see it, the Jets drafted in the 1st few years of this regime, Defensive Linemen, linebackers, 2 Safeties and 2 CBs .  During that time, most of the best player available prospects were defensive . This draft, the best players available look to be offensive and at positions of need for this Jet roster . It's time to address the offensive side of the ball .  QB is available, Guard is available, offensive LT is available and so is RB . The Jets currently have 14 wrs on the roster including free agents Enunwa and possibly Kearse . Provided we can resign ASJ and maybe Tomlinson we should be content at TE for a few years with the kid we drafted last year . It's time to fill the meat and potatoes part of the roster . 

13 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Suit yourself. He has 70 something receptions this last year and can run it for 5 yards a clip. Getting an all purpose back like that in the 4th round would be solid! 

I'm glad you like him I don't say I don't I just I don't see anything special, maybe late 6th/early 7th or even UDFA.

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You didn't compare Chubb and Chunn

Seriously. Take a look at both, and tell me you can't get most of Chubb in Chunn for probably 3 rounds later price tag. 

I did and you are right but I still prefer Chubb . There's a reason why Peyton Manning gets drafted in the 1st round and Tony Romo is signed as an UDFA .

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, Paradis said:

So you fckers just want to high jack my thread to plug your own peeps hey? tisk tisk.

Edmonds is worth your time

Okokok He looks pretty legit at the combine.  Credit. 

He’s on my RB short list with Royce Freeman, Mark Walton, and Darrel Williams. 

• Sympathy 1

On 18/02/2018 at 7:33 AM, Paradis said:

This has become a full on crush. Everything i see on him is gorgeous. What a natural talent, with pro-level athleticism. So smooth...  

Yes i know, it's a big downgrade in defense, but it's not the homerun part that I'm smitten with, look at those first 5-10 steps. Silky. 

He's like Tomlinson-lite

Good find, certainly looks the part athletically and runs with patience as well as showing some explosion when required, plenty of guys at that lower level have had long and successful careers in the NFL

• Sympathy 1

On 2/18/2018 at 2:33 AM, Paradis said:

He's like Tomlinson-lite

good eye, unusual to hear about a fordham player getting drafted. TIL john skelton (2010) was the first fordham player drafted since 68

• Sympathy 1

Thanks for the feedback y'all. I was happy to see him test well and show up on a few lists this weekend. Helps validate some of things I saw. Be interesting to follow him throughout the next 6 weeks. He's gonna be a fine 'back in the NFL if he can stay healthy IMO 

Sony Michel looks like a stud 'bell-cow' back who would compliment Powell really well. If the Jets trade out of 6 and add more draft picks I would love him in the 2nd round. If the Jets don't trade down, I think 2nd round is too early for a RB and Michel will be gone by the 4th or 5th. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Sony Michel looks like a stud 'bell-cow' back who would compliment Powell really well. If the Jets trade out of 6 and add more draft picks I would love him in the 2nd round. If the Jets don't trade down, I think 2nd round is too early for a RB and Michel will be gone by the 4th or 5th. 

Your thinking feels a bit outdated.  Last year two RBs went round 1, 2 in round 2 and 3 in round 3 including Kamara and Hunt who would go much higher in a redraft.  You take RB talent in round 2 for certain if it's there.  I suspect at least 5 RBs will go in the first two rounds this year.  It could be as high as 7.

On 2/18/2018 at 10:18 PM, Paradis said:

So you fckers just want to high jack my thread to plug your own peeps hey? tisk tisk.

Edmonds is worth your time

He could definitely be a Division 1 all star. That translates into CFL.

Guess he's met with the Patriots at Combine, as they search for a Dion replacement... that would be inline with my life. 

Since there's not much else to be said, I'll leave Edmonds be with these final thoughts-- 

He tested well in some important areas that meant the game film was legit, including the best 3 cone time. I think Dion is actually a great comp for him being that he's more than just a passing down back, but probably not big enough to be your all around bruiser as well. Him and Derek Henry would be a hell of a combo. For us, I like for him paired up with Kerryon Johnson, though i highly doubt he makes it around to 6-UDFA now. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-combine-results-saquon-barkley-isnt-the-only-winner-from-friday/

Top-5 rookie RB Agility Scores (3-cone + 20-yard shuttle):

1. Chase Edmonds: 10.86

2. Justin Jackson: 10.88 3. Royce Freeman: 11.16

4. Jarvion Franklin: 11.24

5. Kalen Ballage: 11.26

(via Data Analysis: https://www.playerprofiler.com/data-analysis/ )

YAWN 
Kalen Ballage.  Kid lit it up at Senior Bowl. 

You don’t have to convince me, I’ve been one of Ballage’s biggest supporters in here.

Also, posting highlight comps is ok, but game breakdowns is always a more convincing statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

You don’t have to convince me, I’ve been one of Ballage’s biggest supporters in here.

Also, posting highlight comps is ok, but game breakdowns is always a more convincing statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 TD’s in 1 game. Ridiculous! Big kid that runs hard. Blount like. Me like.