Seriously, this Chase Edmonds RB

Paradis

21 hours ago, nycdan said:

Your thinking feels a bit outdated.  Last year two RBs went round 1, 2 in round 2 and 3 in round 3 including Kamara and Hunt who would go much higher in a redraft.  You take RB talent in round 2 for certain if it's there.  I suspect at least 5 RBs will go in the first two rounds this year.  It could be as high as 7.

It's not so much that I don't appreciate the importance of a RB and don't recognize the fact that RBs are starting to go early in the draft, it's just that the Jets have a ton of holes that I want them to address first.  

I guess my point was that if the Jets DON'T trade down, I'd rather they used their first 3 selections (Rd. 1 and 2) on O-line, Pass Rusher and CB. Sure, take a RB in the 3rd round. But honestly, with all the needs the Jets have, particularly on the O-line, that is something I want to address early. 

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

It's not so much that I don't appreciate the importance of a RB and don't recognize the fact that RBs are starting to go early in the draft, it's just that the Jets have a ton of holes that I want them to address first.  

I guess my point was that if the Jets DON'T trade down, I'd rather they used their first 3 selections (Rd. 1 and 2) on O-line, Pass Rusher and CB. Sure, take a RB in the 3rd round. But honestly, with all the needs the Jets have, particularly on the O-line, that is something I want to address early. 

Well stated.  My counter would be this...in round 2, if you are looking at a very good RB prospect, like Michel or Guice, versus good but not as highly regarded Edge prospects assuming the top 5 or so are gone, then it's not so simple.  Maybe I'm just so starved for a good offense again I'm biasing my opinions but I can't watch another season of what we just saw.  I just can't.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I'm not sure if this is a difference in philosophy or just perspective on this particular draft... I'm not a "BPA or death" kind of guy, cause sometimes the BPA is redundant or just doesn't move the needle on the field. 

That said, Oline talent this year is atrocious and fck spending 1/3 first three picks on one; just because. Same with Pass Rusher. IMO, there's zero chance any edge guy is going to be a "value" pick in this class for us. RB this year? yes. RoJo will be a value pick. Armstrong or Landry? Heeelll no. 

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm not sure if this is a difference in philosophy or just perspective on this particular draft... I'm not a "BPA or death" kind of guy, cause sometimes the BPA is redundant or just doesn't move the needle on the field. 

That said, Oline talent this year is atrocious and fck spending 1/3 first three picks on one; just because. Same with Pass Rusher. IMO, there's zero chance any edge guy is going to be a "value" pick in this class for us. RB this year? yes. RoJo will be a value pick. Armstrong or Landry? Heeelll no. 

Eh, I'm not so sure that's true. 

IF the Jets trade down from 6. Let's say to 15 with the Cards so they can grab a QB. Jets get 15th pick, an additional 2nd and third and lets asay a pick next year. I would then be okay with grabbing a RB but I would still go O-line and Pass Rusher early.

For example: 

Rd. 1- 15: McGlinchey- OT

Rd. 2 (Jets pick): Wynn-OT/OG or A.Key (Pass Rusher) or H.Landry (Pass Rusher/OLB)

Rd. 2 (Cards pick): Daniels (C) or Price (C) or  Ragnow (C)...Wynn or Landry

Rd. 2 (Hawks pick): MJ Stewart-CB or K.Kelly- CB or RB....

All of these players represent good value at their respective draft spots. You could argue Daniels or Ragnow do not b/c they play C but they are easily the top C's in the draft and I'm assuming Price goes late first/early 2nd so he may be gone by pick 15 in the second round. 

McGlinchey might be gone by 15 and Wynn might go late 1st round. 

I think there is plenty of O-line and Pass rush talent in this draft. It just may not be that deep (top heavy). 

• 4 weeks later...

Edmonds is heating up..... 

Also i think Rob Rang is ripping me off. Edmonds, check. Goedert gayness, check. Danny Johnson, yup. Parker too? Siran Neal?? FCK! I can't make this up. I literally posted about these guys all throughout the offseason. The Quinton Flowers thing tho...

http://nfldraftscout.com/2018/04/02/nfl-draft-diamonds-in-the-rough/

• 1 year later...