#6 Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

#37 Dorance Armstrong Jr Edge Kansas

#49 Braden Smith G Auburn

#72 Holton Hill CB Texas

#109 Martinas Rankin OT Mississippi State

#159 Kameron Kelly CB San Diego State

#182 Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

#235  Chase Edmonds, RB, Fordham 

Complete amateur but I wanted to give this a shot anyway.  I don't expect us to solve every problem, plug every hole this offseason.  If you frequented the main board the past 72 hours or so, you know I think we should pursue Cousins.  I do realize I'm a bit optimistic in projecting both Cousins to sign here and Barkley to fall to us. 

The general theme of this offseason, behind addressing quarterback (#1 priority), is adding cornerbacks and offensive-lineman - although I'd like to see at least one of our three picks in the top fifty be spent on an edge rusher. 

Been reading about Zach Fulton from the Chiefs: he's played guard and center filling in for injured players the past couple of seasons; started twelve games last year, mostly at center for injured Mitch Morse and played well.  The Chiefs will try to keep him but he's an UFA and could look to cash in.  The Jaguars likely can't afford to keep UFA Aaron Colvin with both Ramsey and Bouye ahead of him on the depth chart - he would be a major upgrade on Skrine.  

Anyways, appreciate any feedback.  

It's a good plan, I like the cuts and resigning.  

I would add a free agent wide receiver, because Enunwa is a wild-card coming back form injury.  Robby Anderson is quickly entering Sheldon territory where you wouldn't be surprised he's caught trying to run away from the police on a unicycle.  I think someone needs to be added to the receiving core.  I loved Allen Robinson, but it looks like he's getting resigned.  

I thought about Pryor, but he didn't mesh with Cousins at all, so probably doesn't want a second chance.  Maybe Richardson?  Either way, if we sign Cousins, it's a win now team, and I think we need to find a good receiver to pair with Kearse/Robby.   

On the draft, with QB taken care of, I like the Barkley pick, and I think Hill has some potential.  I'm not going to say much on the lineman because I find it impossible to evaluate them on my own, so I don't really know who's good or bad.  I do like that we try to address the line in this draft somewhat, so that's good.

Overall, I wouldn't be OK with this outcome, just needs another receiver.  

32 minutes ago, win4ever said:

It's a good plan, I like the cuts and resigning.  

I would add a free agent wide receiver, because Enunwa is a wild-card coming back form injury.  Robby Anderson is quickly entering Sheldon territory where you wouldn't be surprised he's caught trying to run away from the police on a unicycle.  I think someone needs to be added to the receiving core.  I loved Allen Robinson, but it looks like he's getting resigned.  

I thought about Pryor, but he didn't mesh with Cousins at all, so probably doesn't want a second chance.  Maybe Richardson?  Either way, if we sign Cousins, it's a win now team, and I think we need to find a good receiver to pair with Kearse/Robby.   

On the draft, with QB taken care of, I like the Barkley pick, and I think Hill has some potential.  I'm not going to say much on the lineman because I find it impossible to evaluate them on my own, so I don't really know who's good or bad.  I do like that we try to address the line in this draft somewhat, so that's good.

Overall, I wouldn't be OK with this outcome, just needs another receiver.  

I liked Allen Robinson too, but I agree it's far more likely he stays in Jacksonville.  I think you make a fair argument about the gamble of relying on Robby Anderson and Enunwa.  Marqise Lee or Taylor Gabriel struck me as interesting slot opportunities, but I just wonder about cost; neither seem worthy of any serious investment. 

I tried to be restrained considering free agents are notoriously overcompensated and we'd be signing Cousins to a massive contract.  

I think Colvin and Fulton are both under-the-radar a bit; players looking for a promotion to full-time starters and thus might still be within reason even after accounting for the 'luxury tax inflation' of all free agent signings. 

In the draft, I thought about the pass rusher from BC, Harold Landry, and Connor Williams from Texas @ left tackle too - but I've got no idea where they're valued after having subpar senior campaigns.  

37 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I liked Allen Robinson too, but I agree it's far more likely he stays in Jacksonville.  I think you make a fair argument about the gamble of relying on Robby Anderson and Enunwa.  Marqise Lee or Taylor Gabriel struck me as interesting slot opportunities, but I just wonder about cost; neither seem worthy of any serious investment. 

I tried to be restrained considering free agents are notoriously overcompensated and we'd be signing Cousins to a massive contract.  

I think Colvin and Fulton are both under-the-radar a bit; players looking for a promotion to full-time starters and thus might still be within reason even after accounting for the 'luxury tax inflation' of all free agent signings. 

In the draft, I thought about the pass rusher from BC, Harold Landry, and Connor Williams from Texas @ left tackle too - but I've got no idea where they're valued after having subpar senior campaigns.  

I thought about Lee, but he just never really made an impression on me.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I thought about a buy low on Moncrief as well, although he hasn't been nearly as good as I thought he would be coming out of the draft.  

Yeah, the Cousins contract should be interesting, because if rumors are true, it should just be guaranteed money, but how they structure it will be interesting.  

I love Colvin, I think he'd be an excellent fit in the slot, would get rid of Skrine easily.  I usually like to follow, pair veteran QB with veteran receivers, and go draft young lineman.  That way, veteran QB can set protections and help out linemen as they learn.  Or sign veteran linemen and draft QB/Receivers, so the linemen can protect the young asset while he learns.  

It's really hard to pick out those guys on either lines, because you are really just looking at athletic skills.  It's why someone like Golston looks amazing on tape, because in the few instances that he gets to show off the athleticism, he looks amazing.  At this point, I just look at rankings for the main stream guys and stuff.  I think it's easier for receivers/DBs/QBs/RB/TE because you can see their routes, their head fakes or coverage skills and determine for yourself.  

On 2/18/2018 at 4:38 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Cuts:

Wilkerson 

Forte

Skrine

Carpenter

Re-Signings:

Claiborne 

ASJ

Kony Ealy

Demario Davis

Free Agent Signings:

Kirk Cousins QB Redskins 

Zach Fulton C/OG Chiefs

Aaron Colvin CB Jaguars

Draft:

#6 Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

#37 Dorance Armstrong Jr Edge Kansas

#49 Braden Smith G Auburn

#72 Holton Hill CB Texas

#109 Martinas Rankin OT Mississippi State

#159 Kameron Kelly CB San Diego State

#182 Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

#235  Chase Edmonds, RB, Fordham 

Complete amateur but I wanted to give this a shot anyway.  I don't expect us to solve every problem, plug every hole this offseason.  If you frequented the main board the past 72 hours or so, you know I think we should pursue Cousins.  I do realize I'm a bit optimistic in projecting both Cousins to sign here and Barkley to fall to us. 

The general theme of this offseason, behind addressing quarterback (#1 priority), is adding cornerbacks and offensive-lineman - although I'd like to see at least one of our three picks in the top fifty be spent on an edge rusher. 

Been reading about Zach Fulton from the Chiefs: he's played guard and center filling in for injured players the past couple of seasons; started twelve games last year, mostly at center for injured Mitch Morse and played well.  The Chiefs will try to keep him but he's an UFA and could look to cash in.  The Jaguars likely can't afford to keep UFA Aaron Colvin with both Ramsey and Bouye ahead of him on the depth chart - he would be a major upgrade on Skrine.  

Anyways, appreciate any feedback.  

Nice.

I love Saquon. I like Armstrong and think hes underrated presently. Im cool with thr Guard, though I dont this guy much.

At 72, however, im looking for a big playmaker like St Brown or Simme Cobbs or Mike Gesicki. I appreciate our need for CB but in the back of my head i wonder if this is too much CB. Youve done a lot in FA. You've got Claiborne to start on one side. Colvin to cover the slot. Those are two good CBs. Then were drafting 2 more with a 3rd and a 5th? Issue for me is that we have been drafting CBs and trading for them the last few years. (I believe their names are Jones, Coleman, Robinson, Burris, Roberts, Clark). Personally I am putting them out on the field and having atleast one of them perform as a starter this year.

I like the OT pick.

A DL would be a good find somewhere toward the end of draft.

Archived