Murder Funhouse Mafia Sign-Ups

Just now, Nolder said:

Just ask in this thread lol. I'm pretty sure when 80 wakes up he'll add you to the list. Then you just wait for your Role PM which will have your alignment, role, and other information.

;) .

80, I'm down 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a theme I completely made up.  Though now that we have so many new players, per Crusher's recommendation, we're thinking we need to have a nice basic game for the new folks. 

Sorry to have to have my hand held thru this but what’s the next step on us new folks part? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BigO said:

I’m down. You da man. Even though I still have no idea what this whacked out game is. 

I highly recommend to you and any other new players checking out one of the previous game threads in this forum.  That's how I picked up on some of the lingo/strategy/rules before ever playing a game.  You still need to learn as you go, however. 

I've been playing for years and still suck.  So don't worry about that part. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigO said:

Sorry to have to have my hand held thru this but what’s the next step on us new folks part? 

I'll be sending you a "Role PM" which will tell you whether you're with the good guys "Town" or bad guys "Scum".  I'll also post a game thread in this forum, which Crusher will nicely sticky for us for convenience. 

If you're "scum", you'll also get a link to a chat (called "quicktopic") that contains the other members of your team.  That's where the "bad guys" talk about who they want to kill at night and how to ensure their survival. 

Everybody posts in the game thread, but town has to work together exclusively in the game thread.  

Make sense?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll be sending you a "Role PM" which will tell you whether you're with the good guys "Town" or bad guys "Scum".  I'll also post a game thread in this forum, which Crusher will nicely sticky for us for convenience. 

If you're "scum", you'll also get a link to a chat (called "quicktopic") that contains the other members of your team.  That's where the "bad guys" talk about who they want to kill at night and how to ensure their survival. 

Everybody posts in the game thread, but town has to work together exclusively in the game thread.  

Make sense?

I don't get it

• Upvote 3

ATTENTION NEW PEOPLE!!

Here is a Wiki (like Wikipedia) for the game of Mafia that you can browse at your leisure or to look up specific terms, roles, strategy, etc as they come up

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Here is another general overview of the game

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia

Alternatively here's a Flash overview

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087

Not as necessary but still useful is this list of commonly used abbreviations, not all of them are common to JN

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations 

And finally here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions with Answers

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the list thus far.  Let me know if I missed anybody!  @JiF are you in?  GATA's playing.  GATA!!!

1.  Spoot

2.  Crusher

3.  Lizzie

4.  Pac

5.  BrickTamland

6.  BigO

7.  Stark

8.  Nolder

9.  GATA

10.  Ballin

I thought a song titled, Hell yeah, ******* right...would indicate I was down as mother ****er. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

will it start in the next few days?

I'm going to leave sign-ups open for a little bit.  We've got 11 signed up.  While I don't want this game to be super massive for the benefit of the new players, a few more couldn't hurt.

Let's set the cap on this game at about 15.  Once we reach that, or sign-ups stop completely, we'll get started.

It won't start any earlier than tomorrow, for sure. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Will that get you to play?

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

@gEYno keeps lurking. I think he secretly wants to play.

If @LemonTree plays, I'm in.  But in reality, I think I'd rather drink sweat out of the bitchy fat chick's folds, after she walked up 3 flights of stairs on a hot day, with a crazy straw, than do this right now.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

If @LemonTree plays, I'm in.  But in reality, I think I'd rather drink sweat out of the bitchy fat chick's folds, after she walked up 3 flights of stairs on a hot day, with a crazy straw, than do this right now.

In reality, I've always read your name as Gyno, and not after Geno as you intended.