Colin Cowherd: Cousins should avoid Jets

Patriot Killa

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1165730883787?amp=true

Colin Cowherd talks QB Kirk Cousins. Find out why Colin thinks Cousins should avoid the New York Jets and look to play for a different NFL team moving forward

- These players in the NFL they always complain about being franchised. And that's a big thing that players don't like. Players are like whoa, I want a long term deal. OK, Kirk Cousins' last two years, he's been franchised. And because of it, he's been massively overpaid, he's made like $48 million. And now he says, listen, I'll go to a team and-- by the way, a lot of teams would like him. 

If I was Kirk Cousins I would not go to the New York Jets. The New York Jets have not been a stable franchise. And one of the things Kirk Cousins is, as a human being, is a very stable human being. Kirk Cousins is not a great quarterback. He is a very stable, god fearing kid. The Washington Redskins were unstable. He shows up, stability. The Jets are unstable. 

Like sometimes you have to match your personality with a company or it gets very frustrating. If you're a risk taker go to a company that takes risks. If you're a very stable, coachable guy, and that's what Kirk Cousins is, that's his personality, don't go to the Jets. 

If you're asking me, I'm Kirk Cousins and I know you'd think I'm crazy but I'd take the Jaguars first because with Tom Coughlin, I think they have some stability. I'd go to the Vikings, I'd go to the Cardinals, I'd go to the Broncos and Elway. The Jets would probably be my fifth choice. It's nothing against the Jets but Brett Favre went there 22 TDs, 22 picks. Remember that year for Brett Favre? This is with Brett Favre's talent 22 TDs, 22 picks with the Jets. 

You thought he was done. The next year he goes to Minnesota, 33 touchdowns, 7 picks. OK, so look at what the Jets did to Brett Favre. OK, Kirk Cousins does not have Brett Favre's talent. I think he's a really stable kid, rock solid, but there are-- I would call them the futile five in the NFL that are consistently chaotic. Cleveland, the Jets, Miami, Tampa, and the Bears. And he's too stable of a kid to go to those unstable organizations. 

There's a scarcity of really good quarterbacks in the world. So he's going to get paid and I wouldn't have a problem paying him. I think he's a franchise quarterback. I wouldn't get caught up-- I've told you this before, in my business, don't chase money chase management. 

There's a sea of money out there. There's not a sea of reliable management. There's a lot of money out there for a lot of people, OK? But it doesn't matter if you're a stockbroker or a landscaper, don't chase money chase stability. Because unstable environments unravel your business, unravel you, they're frustrating. To me, Kirk Cousins, his personality doesn't match the Jets at all and he'd become wildly frustrated.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1165730883787?amp=true

Colin Cowherd talks QB Kirk Cousins. Find out why Colin thinks Cousins should avoid the New York Jets and look to play for a different NFL team moving forward

- These players in the NFL they always complain about being franchised. And that's a big thing that players don't like. Players are like whoa, I want a long term deal. OK, Kirk Cousins' last two years, he's been franchised. And because of it, he's been massively overpaid, he's made like $48 million. And now he says, listen, I'll go to a team and-- by the way, a lot of teams would like him. 

If I was Kirk Cousins I would not go to the New York Jets. The New York Jets have not been a stable franchise. And one of the things Kirk Cousins is, as a human being, is a very stable human being. Kirk Cousins is not a great quarterback. He is a very stable, god fearing kid. The Washington Redskins were unstable. He shows up, stability. The Jets are unstable. 

Like sometimes you have to match your personality with a company or it gets very frustrating. If you're a risk taker go to a company that takes risks. If you're a very stable, coachable guy, and that's what Kirk Cousins is, that's his personality, don't go to the Jets. 

If you're asking me, I'm Kirk Cousins and I know you'd think I'm crazy but I'd take the Jaguars first because with Tom Coughlin, I think they have some stability. I'd go to the Vikings, I'd go to the Cardinals, I'd go to the Broncos and Elway. The Jets would probably be my fifth choice. It's nothing against the Jets but Brett Favre went there 22 TDs, 22 picks. Remember that year for Brett Favre? This is with Brett Favre's talent 22 TDs, 22 picks with the Jets. 

You thought he was done. The next year he goes to Minnesota, 33 touchdowns, 7 picks. OK, so look at what the Jets did to Brett Favre. OK, Kirk Cousins does not have Brett Favre's talent. I think he's a really stable kid, rock solid, but there are-- I would call them the futile five in the NFL that are consistently chaotic. Cleveland, the Jets, Miami, Tampa, and the Bears. And he's too stable of a kid to go to those unstable organizations. 

There's a scarcity of really good quarterbacks in the world. So he's going to get paid and I wouldn't have a problem paying him. I think he's a franchise quarterback. I wouldn't get caught up-- I've told you this before, in my business, don't chase money chase management. 

There's a sea of money out there. There's not a sea of reliable management. There's a lot of money out there for a lot of people, OK? But it doesn't matter if you're a stockbroker or a landscaper, don't chase money chase stability. Because unstable environments unravel your business, unravel you, they're frustrating. To me, Kirk Cousins, his personality doesn't match the Jets at all and he'd become wildly frustrated.

Well to be fair nobody told Favre to take pictures of his raggedy hillbilly penis and send it to the female staff. Im thinking someone will advise Cousins prolly not do that.

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well to be fair nobody told Favre to take pictures of his raggedy hillbilly penis and send it to the female staff. Im thinking Cousins prolly not do that.

Not only this, didn’t Favre’s arm fall off with 6 whole games left to play? We were 8-3 and just beat the undefeated Titans. It’s not just like the guy failed here because we are unstable or we suck. He f*cking won a SINGLE GAME out of the remaining 6 games. How do you only have 3 losses 10 games in and wind up 9-7 lmao? Did he just want to disregard that fact so the rest will justify his point? Vikings were nothing special don’t get me started. They had AP and that was IT for a very long time until recently.

Is Cowherd going to ignore the fact Favre has ALSO been tagged as a gun slinger his entire career and someone who throws a lot of TD’s and INTs all together?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Not only this, didn’t Favre’s arm fall off with 6 whole games left to play? We were 8-3 and just beat the undefeated Titans. It’s not just like the guy failed here because we are unstable or we suck. He f*cking won a SINGLE GAME out of the remaining 6 games. How do you only have 3 losses 10 games in and wind up 9-7 lmao? Did he just want to disregard that fact so the rest will justify his point? Vikings were nothing special don’t get me started. They had AP and that was IT for a very long time until recently.

Yep. He was killing it before that. But that would just ruin the article.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Before last season, his futile 5 would have included the Jags, Rams and Niners. Now all 3 look like teams on the rise. Luckily, I highly doubt Cousins is making his decisions based on what the Jets or Browns or Broncos team did 13 years ago. Instead, he will look at the direction of these franchises and how well they are set up with young players/draft picks/salary cap room. 

Cowherd is a goofy, yuppy dickhole.

Cousins instantly becomes the 2nd best QB in the history of this team as soon as he signs on the dotted line. Hell, he’d be #1 if it wasn’t for Namath’s Super Bowl win back before man walked on the moon.

The Jets are staring at an opportunity to land a proven Top 10-12 QB who is in the prime of his career and already has an intimate understanding of the offense they’re set to run. And even after making Cousins the highest paid player in the league for, oh about 6-8 weeks, they’ll still have the cap space to land one of the top CB’s and center’s in FA and possess 3 picks in the Top 50 alone.

Macc can turn this whole damn thing around overnight if he plays his cards right. 

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It's nothing against the Jets but Brett Favre went there 22 TDs, 22 picks. Remember that year for Brett Favre? This is with Brett Favre's talent 22 TDs, 22 picks with the Jets. 

Brett's arm stopped functioning the last six weeks of the season, and Mangini was absolutely awful. There are reasons for Cousins to not pick the Jets, but Brett Favre and Eric Mangini aren't two of them. 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I agree the Jets and Cousins aren't a great match.  But it's not a knock on the Jets.  Kirk just isn't a NY/NJ type who can lead this organization imo.

I think NJ is the perfect place. Plenty of Suburban areas and nice neighborhoods. NY? Maybe not. Just depends on the location but the stadium is in NJ.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think NJ is the perfect place. Plenty of Suburban areas and nice neighborhoods. NY? Maybe not. Just depends on the location but the stadium is in NJ.

There are suburbs everywhere.  Cousins just doesn't come to mind as anywhere near an ideal fit to me.  All things considered, I'd really prefer one of the top 5 or 6 rookies.

With that said, he'd still be a massive improvement for the team.  But that's really not saying much.

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well to be fair nobody told Favre to take pictures of his raggedy hillbilly penis and send it to the female staff. Im thinking someone will advise Cousins prolly not do that.

He should have just left it alone after he said, the Jets are unstable.  The rest is irrelevant.

What thread was it where this was my entire position? It's almost like Colin read the board. As I said in that thread, the only thing attractive about the NY Jets is money.  Literally, every other team that could be courting him is a more desirable landing spot. 

Vikings/Jags - instant SB contenders 

Broncos - loaded roster, historically great franchise, confidence John Elway can continue to build his 3rd SB roster.

Browns - a ton of money, young players and sh*t ton of picks to surround Kirk, a new very solid FO structure.  Downside - historic sh*tty unstable franchise so that could all backfire. 

Jets - a sh*t ton of money.  Downside - sh*tty roster, historically sh*tty unstable franchise, a FO that doesnt give anyone confidence...plus all the other annoyances of playing NY.

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I agree the Jets and Cousins aren't a great match.  But it's not a knock on the Jets.  Kirk just isn't a NY/NJ type who can lead this organization imo.

What is a NY / NJ type?

I like the guy he has a good head on his shoulders don't see why he wouldn't fit. 

Just now, JiF said:

Broncos - loaded roster, historically great franchise, confidence John Elway can continue to build his 3rd SB roster.

DEN won't have a loaded roster after they clear enough cap to land Cousins.  And what they do have is aging which, combined with their limited cap, means in 2-3 years they will be depleted unless Elway starts drafting like Chuck Knoll circa 1974.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

He should have just left it alone after he said, the Jets are unstable.  The rest is irrelevant.

What thread was it where this was my entire position? It's almost like Colin read the board. As I said in that thread, the only thing attractive about the NY Jets is money.  Literally, every other team that could be courting him is a more desirable landing spot. 

Browns - a ton of money, young players and sh*t ton of picks to surround Kirk, a new very solid FO structure.  Downside - historic sh*tty unstable franchise so that could all backfire. 

Jets - a sh*t ton of money.  Downside - sh*tty roster, historically sh*tty unstable franchise, a FO that doesnt give anyone confidence...plus all the other annoyances of playing NY.

Just now, KRL said:

Waah, I'm another voice in the sea of millions talking about sports.  What

can I do to get some "clicks" and "mentions"?  I know, I'll talk about a NY franchise

and rile up their fanbase

He's been doing that for years.  He's had his head up Brady's ass forever and is a huge Patriots fan and has shown often his disdain for the jets no matter what they do.  I am so sick of homers in the sports broadcast world.  He is one of the worst.  terrible human being as well. But that's another story for a different thread.

Just now, GATA said:

What is a NY / NJ type?

I like the guy he has a good head on his shoulders don't see why he wouldn't fit. 

Maybe I haven't seen enough of him.  He's the type to blend in with the background to me.  Like a more dorky, less exciting Eli.

Washington sure isn't thrilled with him.

I could be wrong though.  Never paid much attention to him.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

It makes for fun message board talk but if you are honest with yourself no way in hell Cousin's come here.

The evidence is nonsense, but the conclusion isn't wrong.  The only thing that would make it in Cousin's best interest to come here is money.  Every single other option is better.  The most (only?) attractive on field thing about the Jets for Cousin's recent pronounced he would nut in a cop's wife's eye.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He's been doing that for years.  He's had his head up Brady's ass forever and is a huge Patriots fan and has shown often his disdain for the jets no matter what they do.  I am so sick of homers in the sports broadcast world.  He is one of the worst.  terrible human being as well. But that's another story for a different thread.

I will anxiously be waiting for that thread. Never paid him any attention till the day after Bama's National Championship game. He had a guest on but this jerk was too busy running his own mouth you couldn't hear the guest. He kept cutting him off because what HE had to say was much more important. I shut it off after about 4 minutes. What a turd.

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

DEN won't have a loaded roster after they clear enough cap to land Cousins.  And what they do have is aging which, combined with their limited cap, means in 2-3 years they will be depleted unless Elway starts drafting like Chuck Knoll circa 1974.

Meh, they're stilll going to have a very good roster.  But again, it's not as about the current state of the rosters.  To stay on topic, it's about the stability and which franchise do you have more confidence in to build a roster around you?

Manning had a monster contract and was a huge cap hit, Elway still built 2 Super Bowl rosters during that time frame. 

22 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

There are suburbs everywhere.  Cousins just doesn't come to mind as anywhere near an ideal fit to me.  All things considered, I'd really prefer one of the top 5 or 6 rookies.

With that said, he'd still be a massive improvement for the team.  But that's really not saying much.

You don’t have to have a wild Broadway Joe personality just to like it or be a fit here if that’s what you are alluding to.

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know, I love making fun of the Browns.

Think about it.   They sign Cousins.   Draft super running back kid #1.  Trade back a little bit for a QB hungry team, take super guard kid, put him next to Joe Thomas on the left side.   When in doubt, just run between the HOF left tackle and the stud left guard with the stud young running back.  Use some of that FA money to sign a center, draft a TE or WR.   They really could have that offense turned around, like really fast.

53 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sooooo....if Cousins shows up to the Jets....they'll still be unstable? Even though he brought stability to the Redskins? How does this guy still have a job. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You don’t have to have a wild Broadway Joe personality just to like it or be a fit here if that’s what you are alluding to.

exactly.  Eli was a shy country boy.  People predicted he would be a bad fit for NY too. 

Cowherd is also, truly, one of the stupidest people in sports entertainment.  He knows nothing.  For the life of me, how does this guy earn a living talking sports?  He went off before the season on how the Jets would go 0-16.   He is wrong so often it is literally amazing.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know.  Cousins just isn't someone I'd lose sleep over not signing.

I think he'd be much better in Minnesota or Denver.  Pretty sure he wouldn't really fit in well here.

Archived