Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

Hello players!  For those new to Mafia, welcome!  For the veterans, GFY's.

The rules of Mafia are fairly simple.  Each day, you will vote on who you choose to lynch, or remove from the game.  You must vote by bolding, like this:

Vote JiF

Majority vote will kill off that player. 

Each night, the scum team (players you need to figure out) will kill off a townie. 

No outside communication is allowed in the thread.  Insults are encouraged.  The rest you will figure out by asking other veteran players.  Over time, strategies and lingo will be made known to you to help you become a good player.  Hopefully, you'll return for more games after your experience here!

Good luck, and have fun!

Here's the player list:

1.  Spoot  Roleless Town, Killed N4

2.  @The Crusher

3.  Lizzie  Roleless Town, Lynched D3

4.  Pac  Roleless Town, Killed N1

5.  @BrickTamland

6.  BigO  Roleless Scum, Lynched D1

7.  @Stark

8.  Nolder  Roleless Scum, Lynched D2

9.  @GATA

10.  BallinPB replaced by Lizard King, Roless Town, Lynched D6

11.  JiF, Roless Town, Killed N5

12.  Hess, Roleless Scum, Lynched D5

13.  Leelou replaced by @AVM

14.  Ape, Roless Town, Killed N6

15.  CTM  Roleless Town, Lynched D4

16.  AVM  Mod-Confirmed Town, Killed N2

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Wow ok...

Vote Stark

He's right in the middle of the list of players and most likely to be a bad guy. This is foolproof everyone, follow me to a quick townie victory!

Vote Nolder

Nolder is actually right in the middle of the list of players.  According to his theory he is most likely scum.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Vote Nolder

Nolder is actually right in the middle of the list of players.  According to his theory he is most likely scum.  

Unlike most of the rest of you Ballin has played before and knows my theory is ludicrous and yet he used that clearly false premise as a reason to lay a vote on me. This is alarming and indicates he may very well be the scum we're looking for.

Unvote 

Vote Ballin

27 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Wow ok...

Vote Stark

He's right in the middle of the list of players and most likely to be a bad guy. This is foolproof everyone, follow me to a quick townie victory!

ha, nothing like taking out a new guy right away. Its okay you should be targeting me, or should you? lol 

May not be the smart play, but what the hell I'll be a little vindictive... 

Vote Nolder

1308277174001.gif

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Vote Nolder

1 minute ago, Stark said:

ha, nothing like taking out a new guy right away. Its okay you should be targeting me, or should you? lol 

Vote Nolder

1308277174001.gif

Did I hit a nerve? Are you teammates?

Damn I'm good at this game, two for one already!

1 minute ago, Stark said:

VoteNolder

1308277174001.gif

When you vote someone that votes you first it’s called OMGUS meaning “Oh My God U Suck.”Love the gif. Well done. Oh yeah. For the record Nolder does suck. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Stark said:

you can "unvote" ??? 

Yes. Generally you only need to do this if you don't want to currently be voting for anyone.

Some mods make you unvote before voting for a new player so many of us vets are used to just doing it in the same post even when it's not really necessary to do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

When you vote someone that votes you first it’s called OMGUS meaning “Oh My God U Suck.”Love the gif. Well done. Oh yeah. For the record Nolder does suck. 

Short article explaining some more about OMGUS voting but generally it's considered either a joke or a scummy move, depending on how serious the game is at the time.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Unlike most of the rest of you Ballin has played before and knows my theory is ludicrous and yet he used that clearly false premise as a reason to lay a vote on me. This is alarming and indicates he may very well be the scum we're looking for.

Unvote 

Vote Ballin

Would this be considered OMGUS?  Considering the fact that of course we know your theory is ludicrous but you still decided to lay your vote on me in response to me laying my very early vote on you seems to ping.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Unvote 

Vote Ballin

Gross.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

Not sure if I should Vote for you first or watch you die at the end.

I wont make it to the end because the mafia team fears my scum hunting ability.  I'm the best there is at it and the biggest asset to the town.

Others will try to make a similar claim but there is only one greatest scum hunter alive and he is I. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

I wont make it to the end because the mafia team fears my scum hunting ability.  I'm the best there is at it and the biggest asset to the town.

Others will try to make a similar claim but there is only one greatest scum hunter alive and he is I. 

you're next. 

42 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Would this be considered OMGUS?  Considering the fact that of course we know your theory is ludicrous but you still decided to lay your vote on me in response to me laying my very early vote on you seems to ping.  

No because my vote on you isn't because you put a vote on me but because you put a vote on me using reasoning you knew to be false.

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if you're scum though?