Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

Official Day 2 Vote Count

Nolder (2) - JiF, Stark

GATA (3)  - Ballin, Brick, Nolder

Spoot (1) - AVM

Lizzie (3) - Crusher, CTM, GATA

Hess (1) - Ape

Crushluv (2) - Spoot, Lizzie

Leelou (1) - Hess

Not Voting  (1) - Leelou

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Vc?

I was without WiFi and computer. Helping family. 

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, GATA said:

So thus far there's a small case brewing on Lizzie. 

But yet there's no retort from him on being town. 

Instead he wants everything handed down on a silver platter and he continues handing out these baseless "gotchas" 

^ getting the hang of this

• Sympathy 1

spoot-ape is devolving right in front of our eyes.  I'm not ready to label him full on ape until we see the intense insecurity fueled boasting/arrogance that defines the original furrball, no real sign of that yet

8 hours ago, GATA said:

So thus far there's a small case brewing on Lizzie. 

But yet there's no retort from him on being town. 

Instead he wants everything handed down on a silver platter and he continues handing out these baseless "gotchas" 

lol wut? U r cute

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

This question is to anyone:

Imagine you are Town and you have two people you think are Scum, and you lay a case out on one of them, then the other guy you think is Scum follows up your case with his own, with some of the exact same points as yours (or, as Crusher described it, a summary of his case). Wouldn't that make you suspicious? Wouldn't that give you some pause?

Not Crusher, though. The guy who's been calling me scummy all game, who has jumped on just about every post of mine (especially the long ones) was happy to let that one go without a word, and was still ready to kill Nolder, but he wasn't even voting him. That's called nudging Town.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Calling anyone who FoS you Scum is textbook OMGUSy. You'll learn this, though.

I called you scum half the game because I was testing you. I stopped because I noticed a trend in your game. You are literally raving like a lunatic because I didn’t acknowledge to the board I started to change my mind. 

Please take the advice you gave a rookie and learn it for yourself. Because one of two things is evident here.

1. Your butt hurt town and upset about people not appreciating your hard work. 

2. You are scum hiding under a OMGUS case. Pretty much LIKE LAST GAME. You know, the quote in your sig from Leelou game. 

For now I like your effort and Im still giving you benefit of the doubt based on your play around the Big O lynch. 

Yet this temper tantrum for my lack of acknowledgement and OMGUSSY nonsense does nothing to help find scum . 

So please stop hiding under your butt hurt and get back into the game. 

Also, so far you have convinced Lizzy to follow you. That should speak volumes. Yeah . Nice job 

This is the last time I speak on this. 

Crusher doesn’t apply himself like this as scum. He’s not a good liar or manipulator, his bacon-wrapped heart is too good for those things. If he’s changed his scum game to include casing, then bravo - but I’m resigned to thinking he’s town. 

And honestly I’m barely reading a thing here. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Crusher doesn’t apply himself like this as scum. He’s not a good liar or manipulator, his bacon-wrapped heart is too good for those things. If he’s changed his scum game to include casing, then bravo - but I’m resigned to thinking he’s town. 

And honestly I’m barely reading a thing here. 

Just follow all the cliff notes we're handing out to Lizzie

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I called you scum half the game because I was testing you. I stopped because I noticed a trend in your game. You are literally raving like a lunatic because I didn’t acknowledge to the board I started to change my mind. 

Please take the advice you gave a rookie and learn it for yourself. Because one of two things is evident here.

2. You are scum hiding under a OMGUS case. Pretty much LIKE LAST GAME. You know, the quote in your sig from Leelou game. 

For now I like your effort and Im still giving you benefit of the doubt based on your play around the Big O lynch. 

Yet this temper tantrum for my lack of acknowledgement and OMGUSSY nonsense does nothing to help find scum . 

Also, so far you have convinced Lizzy to follow you. That should speak volumes. Yeah . Nice job 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Summarize this in three succinct sentences. 

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Summarize this in three succinct sentences. 

Lizard for Dinner.

The Australian monitor lizard - more commonly called the goanna – has an important place in Aboriginal culture and medicine and in Australian folklore. It also, apparently, makes good eating. The tail is said to be the best part, and - not surprisingly- is said to taste like chicken, or like fish, or ‘sweeter and more juicy than rabbit.’

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

This is the last VC that I see.

So Jif, Stark, CTM, GATA, Spoot, and Hess.

Spoot and to a lesser degree GATA I both remember being on my case.

Kind of surprised to see Jif and Hess but maybe they're just following the "lazy" case laid out by Spoot.

CTM is like me and will quietly (or not so quietly) add pressure votes just to see what happens so that's not unusual.

Stark kind of sticks out though. Wasn't he MIA just like me? He's the one who had a kid right?

If he was MIA and I've been MIA what reason could he possibly have to vote me?

Did he go back and read the thread? Was there any evidence he did that?

Something to consider after I'm dead if not before.

18 hours ago, Nolder said:

Can you understand the reasoning?

Put yourself in my shoes.

I know my alignment, I don't know yours.

Would you rather let yourself be lynched and have town lose a member or take a shot at someone else who might be scum?

Self preservation votes are pretty common in mafia actually. 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:39 AM, Stark said:

can't believe people are pulling their votes for NOLDER.

He gets 5 people voting for him, then gets "sick" and disappears for the weekend and stays quiet. Then people change their votes to Pac.

Im sticking on Nolder, everyone else should too.

Technically I did not have a kid, the wife did.

You seem to get fairly defensive and try to overly justify why you shouldn't be voted for...Stark kind of sticks out though. Wasn't he MIA just like me? He's the one who had a kid right? If he was MIA and I've been MIA what reason could he possibly have to vote me? 

I was voting for you in the beginning,  I even commented on people jumping off of voting you once you were away. I thought it was a little convenient that you get a little heat, then disappear and the votes went away, kind of out of site out of mind...

It is happening again so I guess you will stick around longer. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You do it with your mouth and tongue. Wait what were we talking about?

Dirty, cornball hippie: CTM 

projection, back to back posts. whadda furry clown

See the source image

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

JN Mafia is only big enough for one queen, ain't that right @AVM?

Excuse me, sir -- I'm the prince(ss) of drama!  Everyone knows @Leelou is the queen

Town: crusher, ape, avm

Scum: Hess, Lizzie and Spoot

Agree on all but Hess -- nil on him.  Don't feel great on a few others, either.

• Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, AVM said:

Excuse me, sir -- I'm the prince(ss) of drama!  Everyone knows @Leelou is the queen

Agree on all but Hess -- nil on him.  Don't feel great on a few others, either.

I will apologize up front. Sorry.

Whats your opinion on Lizzie this game? He and Hess are the two I struggle with the most. He has certainly made some bad post and is really not doing a thing now but trolling the board. Last game as town he actually made an attempt to play and find scum.  Literally pushed and drove the game. Albeit to the lynching of a townie but he did put in work. This game I see nothing from him but trolling and a couple questionable post.

Since you are the only cleared one I want your opinion on it.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I will apologize up front. Sorry.

Whats your opinion on Lizzie this game? He and Hess are the two I struggle with the most. He has certainly made some bad post and is really not doing a thing now but trolling the board. Last game as town he actually made an attempt to play and find scum.  Literally pushed and drove the game. Albeit to the lynching of a townie but he did put in work. This game I see nothing from him but trolling and a couple questionable post.

Since you are the only cleared one I want your opinion on it.

I’m town I’m just not seeing anything this game. Gata is scummy IMO but since you guys all want to I mean since she’s the meme queen I moved on 

Official Day 2 Vote Count

Lizzie (3) - Crusher, CTM, GATA

GATA (3)  - Ballin, Brick, Nolder

Crushluv (2) - Spoot, Lizzie

Nolder (2) - JiF, Stark

Spoot (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Ape

Leelou (1) - Hess

Not Voting  (1) - Leelou

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I’m town I’m just not seeing anything this game. Gata is scummy IMO but since you guys all want to I mean since she’s the meme queen I moved on 

44 pages in and you see nothing? GATA is scummy? After the your sentence is basically fish blowing bubbles. Incoherent.

Just strange to me brother because last game you played like it was clicking for you. You pushed the game and scum hunted. Your instincts were off but you put a real good effort in. You got all over me to really look at things. Just a stark contrast to "Not seeing anything" after 44 pages. You were town last game and really tried. This is just really different from that.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

44 pages in and you see nothing? GATA is scummy? After the your sentence is basically fish blowing bubbles. Incoherent.

Just strange to me brother because last game you played like it was clicking for you. You pushed the game and scum hunted. Your instincts were off but you put a real good effort in. You got all over me to really look at things. Just a stark contrast to "Not seeing anything" after 44 pages. You were town last game and really tried. This is just really different from that.

Yeah but I’m not seeing it this game what can I say 

43 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Fos Crusher tunneling on Spoot. The odds of him being scum two games in a row are slim. 

Common gamblers fallacy but wrong.

Before the start of last game, the odds of spoot rolling scum 2x in a row were small. That is true.

At the start of this game however, after Spoot was already scum last game, Spoots odds of being scum were the same as anyone else. Scum roles are not subject to continuous odds.

• Sympathy 1

Seems like a lot of great activity and some solid case building but I got to admit, nothing is really resonating with me other my own simple observations.

Nold - hitting my biggest scum tell hence why I havent move my vote

Spoot - all over the place at this point. 

AVM - his check in seemed contrived and he hasnt answered on the why behind what I thought was a great observation that I pointed out yet he called it gross.

• Thumb Down 4