Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

Official Day 2 Vote Count

Lizzie (5) - Crusher, CTM, GATA, Hess, Nolder

GATA (2)  - Ballin, Brick

Nolder (5) - JiF, Stark, Ape, Lizzie, Spoot

Spoot (1) - AVM

LIZZIE AND NOLDER ARE AT L-3

Not Voting  (1) - Leelou

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You guys are something else 

this is what you comment on?

My comments about the current state of the game were posted earlier, and still hold. No need to be redundant, just like there’s no need for you to play town participation Shepherd.

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

Thoughts on Gata?

She's put in way more effort than any of the other red-shirts, and has seemed to pick up the vibe of JN Mafia quite well. I'm having a hard time reading her because of that.

The notion of her being coached up in a Scum QT because she's using advanced Mafia lingo is interesting, but I think that's casing her off of WIFOMY opinion more than her actual game play, so I can't support that theory.

I'm comfortable with giving her the benefit of the doubt for now.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

She's put in way more effort than any of the other red-shirts, and has seemed to pick up the vibe of JN Mafia quite well. I'm having a hard time reading her because of that.

The notion of her being coached up in a Scum QT because she's using advanced Mafia lingo is interesting, but I think that's casing her off of WIFOMY opinion more than her actual game play, so I can't support that theory.

I'm comfortable with giving her the benefit of the doubt for now.

Fair enough. What’d you think of her editing her vote? And she’s dodging commentary on Ape too. 

On 2/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, Nolder said:

ATTENTION NEW PEOPLE!!

Here is a Wiki (like Wikipedia) for the game of Mafia that you can browse at your leisure or to look up specific terms, roles, strategy, etc as they come up

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Here is another general overview of the game

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia

Alternatively here's a Flash overview

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087

Not as necessary but still useful is this list of commonly used abbreviations, not all of them are common to JN

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations 

And finally here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions with Answers

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

*ahem* 

• Sympathy 1

I'm all for you guys discrediting me because you can't pick up a vibe off of me.

However, discrediting me because I'm talking your lingo, when you guys post links and tell me posts to follow. This makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Fair enough. What’d you think of her editing her vote? And she’s dodging commentary on Ape too. 

Again, it's WIFOM. Did she make a mistake and someone corrected her in Scum thread. Or did she just simply make a mistake and didn't know that we don't edit our posts in Mafia. It's a "gotcha" case, and a pretty weak one at that.

And dodging commentary on the Ape isn't scummy or townie, it's just downright good for your health. Honestly, I'm impressed she's figured that out this quickly.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

I'm all for you guys discrediting me because you can't pick up a vibe off of me.

However, discrediting me because I'm talking your lingo, when you guys post links and tell me posts to follow. This makes no sense to me.

I just want to know where it says stuff about "deflection". It takes less energy to produce your source, than it does to keep writing this same reply with different words.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Where in there did you pick up on "deflection" as a thing?

I used to practice policy debate and judge policy debate in HS and briefly in college. 

Just a term I would use to imply he's trying to turn it on me. 

Just now, GATA said:

I used to practice policy debate and judge policy debate in HS and briefly in college. 

Just a term I would use to imply he's trying to turn it on me. 

Fair enough, toots. That's all you had to say. Townies cooperate.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Again, it's WIFOM. Did she make a mistake and someone corrected her in Scum thread. Or did she just simply make a mistake and didn't know that we don't edit our posts in Mafia. It's a "gotcha" case, and a pretty weak one at that.

And dodging commentary on the Ape isn't scummy or townie, it's just downright good for your health. Honestly, I'm impressed she's figured that out this quickly.

Coming across as buddying, frankly.

Please spare us the part where you bug out again. Take some responsibility for what you write. ******* diarrhea drenched millenial.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

See, the bold is what I have a problem with. The very last thing you said about my alignment--on page 38-- was this:

So, sorry if I'm not buying this whole you changing your mind thing. I wanna be clear hear, what bothers me the most isn't that you were calling me Scum this whole game--most people have said I look Scummy, so perhaps I do. What bothers me the most is your apparent attempts at re-writing history. If you were calling me Scum, and then suddenly stopped hinting at my alignment altogether, I could believe that you changed your mind and simply chose not to say anything for whatever reason. But, no, the last thing you said is very clear in that I "look bad".

But, fine. I made my case, and I'm willing to drop it for now.

Why did you not highlight the up to page 19 part? That’s what I was taking about. I said it in page 38 but clearly referred to my reread up to page 19!! 

I’m done with it. Let’s lynch scum and win this bitch! 

15 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You've been dodging common sense and logic for years. Dodging isn't necessarily an alignment tell.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Coming across as buddying, frankly.

Please spare us the part where you bug out again. Take some responsibility for what you write. ******* diarrhea drenched millenial.

Wait, buddying with who? Gata or you? I'm not denying, I just sincerely want to know.

And, for your information, sir, I don't "identify" as a millennial, thank you very much.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Wait, buddying with who? Gata or you? I'm not denying, I just sincerely want to know.

And, for your information, sir, I don't "identify" as a millennial, thank you very much.

With the amount of talking about your feelings you do - it doesn't matter how you identify - it's what you is.

Buddying Gata, obviously. How stupid are you? Did you give your username/password to Smash? 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Why did you not highlight the up to page 19 part? That’s what I was taking about. I said it in page 38 but clearly referred to my reread up to page 19!! 

I’m done with it. Let’s lynch scum and win this bitch! 

I can't go off of what think about me, I can only go off of what you write about me, because that's the only thing that can be judged.

But, like I said, I'm willing to let this drop for now.

32 minutes ago, Kaylee said:

Official Day 2 Vote Count

Lizzie (5) - Crusher, CTM, GATA, Hess, Nolder

GATA (2)  - Ballin, Brick

Nolder (5) - JiF, Stark, Ape, Lizzie, Spoot

Spoot (1) - AVM

LIZZIE AND NOLDER ARE AT L-3

Not Voting  (1) - Leelou

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

Lizzie's vote is on Nolder, yet he's trying to direct traffic to other candidates... asking townie A what they think of townie B, do it enough and spark a fire, let townie A lead the momentum shift, lynch townie B, the blame townie A for derailing Nolder's train to lynch a townie.

Scum tactics 101.

Nolder and Lizmath are tethered. I don't like to tether, but sometimes it's blatant. If one is scum, so likely is the other.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I can't go off of what think about me, I can only go off of what you write about me, because that's the only thing that can be judged.

But, like I said, I'm willing to let this drop for now.

I think you're a diarrhea spewing moron, but I like that about you. Let's have salad together one day. Then I'll punch you in the face until you pop a few hemmorhoids.

• Haha 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I think you're a diarrhea spewing moron, but I like that about you. Let's have salad together one day. Then I'll punch you in the face until you pop a few hemmorhoids.

Are you trying to toss his salad ? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

With the amount of talking about your feelings you do - it doesn't matter how you identify - it's what you is.

Buddying Gata, obviously. How stupid are you? Did you give your username/password to Smash? 

Yeah, that really didn't warrant a response. I'm surprised you took that statement of mine seriously, but it's not important.

So, now I'm buddying Gata because I'm not ready to jump on these dumb "gotcha" cases against her right now? Riiiiiiiight. There are more important people to look at right now, i.e. Nolder and Lizzie.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I crave human contact, so I'm game.

I'll bring the hot sauce.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Lizzie's vote is on Nolder, yet he's trying to direct traffic to other candidates... asking townie A what they think of townie B, do it enough and spark a fire, let townie A lead the momentum shift, lynch townie B, the blame townie A for derailing Nolder's train to lynch a townie.

Scum tactics 101.

Nolder and Lizmath are tethered. I don't like to tether, but sometimes it's blatant. If one is scum, so likely is the other.

You’re an idiot. The first thing I did was quote Nolders disgusting post.