Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fine, whatever. Not doing this dance with you, I just ate. No exercise until after I poop.

You backed off of that fast. "Not doing this dance."

For someone yapping so much, you don't seem to want to own any of what you say. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyways daughters wedding shower went off without a hitch. Cooked  for two days. Even baked my daughter one of these silly cupcake wedding dress cakes. My younger daughter found it on line so her and.

Just so all the newbies know, it is customary on JN to never lynch a newcomer on D1 so you are all safe... from being lynched.   Your emotional safety is not guaranteed, but if you follow th

don't you thrive in the night?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

80s Dick reads Braille.  What the **** else it going to do ? 

Something tells me it'd be good at NEEDLE point. 

BWAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAA DAD JOKE HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAaaa

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not possible that it could be a lie, ******* dumbass. I literally wrote down an observation and likened it to a tactic. I didn't state anything as fact, therefore I didn't pose anything that could be a lie.

You're so ******* stupid. Aye yay yay... even when you're playing controlled and measured, you play like a buffoon.

Blah blah blah. Caught scum yet?

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't like that people be trying to derail Nolder's train. He's scum, after all. Why don't people want to lynch scum? 

I have no problem lynching Nolder or Lizzie, top 2

48 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Am I really back on the chopping block again for playing the ******* game?

Ok whatever lynch me then morons.

Next game I'll just sit there and say nothing.

Fun times.

47 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Like Lizzie even has a minor meltdown...and then MY train grows again? Like wtf was it not obvious he was cracking under the pressure?

What a joke.

this feels like an AtE ... nolder usually gives 2 sh*ts about getting lynched.

maybe he wants to hang around and hope the gata lets him smell her hair tho?

47 minutes ago, Nolder said:

What else can I expect though with Ape corralling people to vote me even while he's pointing out Lizzie's breakdown practically begging people to vote anyone else but him.

What's wrong Ape? Saw your teammate going down and had to intervene?

not convincing.. the Oscar for best actress in a drama definitly not going to Nolderp this year

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

not convincing.. the Oscar for best actress in a drama definitly not going to Nolderp this year

I looked at him before he disappeared and he was equally dreadful. How bad can another day of Lizzie be? Gulp!

Unvote vote Nolder

• Like 1
11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I will apologize up front. Sorry.

Whats your opinion on Lizzie this game? He and Hess are the two I struggle with the most. He has certainly made some bad post and is really not doing a thing now but trolling the board. Last game as town he actually made an attempt to play and find scum.  Literally pushed and drove the game. Albeit to the lynching of a townie but he did put in work. This game I see nothing from him but trolling and a couple questionable post.

Since you are the only cleared one I want your opinion on it.

Nothing to apologize for? haha

First off on Hess, I won't claim to be able to read him crazy well like I used to 80 or Vic, someone like that, but I feel less confident than ever - if I did the whole list the game out most townie to most scum he'd have to be smack in the middle.

For Lizzie, I've been gone for a while but he just isn't posting like I remember.  Lizzie is one of the one's I was referencing not feeling great about -- disappearing for stretches, coming in and not adding a lot to the game play.  A lot could be said about Lizzie, but I remember the half-baked, insane ideas and off the wall comments being a constant.  You're saying last game as town he was making an effort...can you or anyone state is this is remotely similar to his usual play?

If somehow he was scum with only newer or inactive players with him that's the only way I could rationalize his play as scum.  Not quite ready to jump there yet, but he's pinging for sure.

10 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Fos Crusher tunneling on Spoot. The odds of him being scum two games in a row are slim. 

^^see, this is the Lizzie I remember

9 hours ago, JiF said:

Seems like a lot of great activity and some solid case building but I got to admit, nothing is really resonating with me other my own simple observations.

Nold - hitting my biggest scum tell hence why I havent move my vote

Spoot - all over the place at this point. 

AVM - his check in seemed contrived and he hasnt answered on the why behind what I thought was a great observation that I pointed out yet he called it gross.

:rl::rl: 

Just....Awesome.

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Crusher

8 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Why?

^^this whole interaction Hess then Lizzie (then Hess coming back with because I'd be voting you otherwise and on and on) feels....weird.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

You hit my biggest scum tell.  I've said it numerous times.  I put the quote in bold when I voted you.  

Something like "Why leave AVM alive?  Why kill Pac?" - it's the most disgusting sh*t you can do in this game.  Directing the thought traffic toward playing mind reader and away from scum hunting.

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

You don't consider it scumhunting trying to find out why someone was chosen as the kill? Especially in a vanilla game?

I don't agree with the general idea of questioning why someone would be the NK being scummy.  I do feel, however, that pointing out why someone ELSE wasn't killed seems to be setting something up and is rather gross

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Who are leading in votes right now? Lizzie, Crusher, Gata, Nol?

Gata is starting to give me a coached vibe.  She using some vernacular that is pretty advanced for a newbie. 

Lizzie?  Hard read for me but I dont really see the case so cant really object either.

Crusher?  I've been reading town.

I was working on a theory that GATA was actually the reincarnation of @Dan. until I realized GATA was never a fake man and hasn't been talking about making lists the whole game.

I will say to your point that I jumped at that, too, until I realized she seemed to be grabbing phrases we used earlier in the game - like lynch all liars.

Which, by the way...you were the first person to say.  Just sayin'

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, AVM said:

For Lizzie, I've been gone for a while but he just isn't posting like I remember.  Lizzie is one of the one's I was referencing not feeling great about -- disappearing for stretches, coming in and not adding a lot to the game play.  A lot could be said about Lizzie, but I remember the half-baked, insane ideas and off the wall comments being a constant.  You're saying last game as town he was making an effort...can you or anyone state is this is remotely similar to his usual play?

If somehow he was scum with only newer or inactive players with him that's the only way I could rationalize his play as scum.  Not quite ready to jump there yet, but he's pinging for sure.

Let’s just say I’m the Brandon Marshall of JN mafia. I needed to get some things tweaked and it worked out. 

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'll vouch for JIF considering this a scum tell. He's always been consistent about this. I won't vouch for it's accuracy, but he's true to his theory as town. Personally, I think Nolder is scum also... so there's that.

This is true - I think I brought it up (correctly, I may add...) a couple games ago while I was town and he started pushing me as scum.  Of course, JiF thinks I'm scum every game...even the one's I'm mod-confirmed town, but still the point is taken.

JIF is in the justice league, he's batman... you're more like rosie odonnell in a league of their own

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/TbRXNJJJbgIkE" width="480" height="449" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/applause-joker-the-dark-knight-TbRXNJJJbgIkE">via GIPHY</a></p>

She is also scum. And so is the person that called her out in-thread about it coming right out of a QT. I think it was lizzface.

Are you referencing where I asked where she heard lynch all liars, then quickly saw it myself and noted to ignore my question?  Or something else?

8 hours ago, JiF said:

It's WIFOM mixed with directing the town away from scum hunting mixed with playing stupid.  Especially on D1.  There are a millions reason why scum killed Pac and left AVM alive.  None of us are going to figure that out, as town.  It's posturing effort and focusing in the wrong areas.

I've hit on this sh*t a bunch of times over my years of playing. 

This is true, though depending on how the next couple of phases play out I wouldn't say none of us will figure that out -- it is possible, just not now.

Perhaps scum felt that I'm a dumbass and I'm more useful to them alive and they took a shot at Pac being a PR?  Very reasonable, plausible explanation lol

Also fwiw - the further justification by Nol that he "figured there may be no PR's in a beginner game" was still the biggest stretch I've read in this game.  I'm not sure we've ever had a game at JN with no PR's and 80 comes from the school of even vanilla doesn't mean bland modding approach.  

8 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Wow. For someone who said they picked up quick. You have no thoughts on Ape. 

Suddenly Lizzie seems more like Lizzie

6 hours ago, Lizard King said:

@BallinPB @BrickTamland Time to play

Agreed, definitely on Ballin.  Brick showed up when pressured heavily last time.

@AVM need to go back and see who Lizzie kept calling out on D1, see if it's consistent

6 hours ago, CTM said:

oy vey, don't you deal with numbers for a living how can you not see the error

It's amazing that this is still a thing that comes up semi-regularly at this point.

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

retarded af

you guys always lynch me for the stupidest ******* reasons

if you are town, i apologize but the AtE really put me over the top on you. Never known you to get emo over a lynch

Let it go dude. He is as likely scum as anyone else. Doesn’t warrant crusher tunnel vision

The quick backing down on your part kind of bums me out, honestly.  Reminds me of that episode of Friends:

Before I thought you were wrong but I respected you for sticking to your convictions.  Now....

lol

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'd like to believe it's because I'm back in the game and participating again and therefore the majority of those people don't have a real complaint to make against me. In reality they probably just got bored by lack of progress and moved on. It happens more than we'd like to admit I think.

It's common for train on scum to stall out and stay there for extended periods of time.  Even if town, the analysis on the train plus the train on BigO would be extremely telling.  Not going to vote til I finish catching up, though.

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Speaking of voting my vote is just floating on GATA right now. I don't like it.

Unvote

....did you just unvote GATA when she's being named more now than at any other point in the game as suspicious?

VT

4 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Thoughts on Nolder?

4 hours ago, Lizard King said:

You guys are something else 

this is what you comment on?

^^seriously, all of a sudden he's classic Lizzie

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Coming across as buddying, frankly.

Please spare us the part where you bug out again. Take some responsibility for what you write. ******* diarrhea drenched millenial.

Somewhat agree.

Also, nice to see the old Ape is back

I don't like that people be trying to derail Nolder's train. He's scum, after all. Why don't people want to lynch scum? 

Wait...who are you?

A lot of you sh*t birds are a waste of space. Play the ******* game. If I can do it while being dad of the year and the most important ape on planet earth, then so can you puke snots.

I don't know what to believe anymore but I don't think I'm voting you anytime soon and it'll likely be the end of us all

21 minutes ago, AVM said:

Nothing to apologize for? haha

First off on Hess, I won't claim to be able to read him crazy well like I used to 80 or Vic, someone like that, but I feel less confident than ever - if I did the whole list the game out most townie to most scum he'd have to be smack in the middle.

:rl::rl: 

Just....Awesome.

^^this whole interaction Hess then Lizzie (then Hess coming back with because I'd be voting you otherwise and on and on) feels....weird.

I don't agree with the general idea of questioning why someone would be the NK being scummy.  I do feel, however, that pointing out why someone ELSE wasn't killed seems to be setting something up and is rather gross

I was working on a theory that GATA was actually the reincarnation of @Dan. until I realized GATA was never a fake man and hasn't been talking about making lists the whole game.

I will say to your point that I jumped at that, too, until I realized she seemed to be grabbing phrases we used earlier in the game - like lynch all liars.

Which, by the way...you were the first person to say.  Just sayin'

Thank you ... sh*t! 

Also thankful you don't think I'm a dude 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

@BrickTamland and @BallinPB should be considered for the gallows on D3.

I don't necessarily disagree, just don't like the regurgitation of what Lizzie just said a page prior

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

You'd will have to shove my head in a blender before I vote for Spoot this game.

That said, Spoot is a card carrying member of the League of Chaos and ffs this man is causing chaos.  Love me some Spoot.

3 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Unvote

vote nolder

I love lamp too, Brick

2 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

There are endless pages where nothing happens. I read them and move on

to the draft forum.

When i have something interesting to say i say it. Its rare. I’m new to Mafia and not a part of your crowd so i typically have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Neither do any of us

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Once upon a time a poster on JN was also a secretive nerd on a sci-fi fantasy book club site where they played Mafia. And he decided to bring the game here. In the beginning the game was made up of very lucid, thoughtful and intelligent players who had rules....and a small merry band of retards. And as time went on the OG invited players from the book site to JN to play. Some liked it and some hated it and left. It was like the Mesopotamia of Mafia. And all was well. But the tards grew in numbers and slowly, eventually pushed the smart ones off the edge of sanity and for the most part, never to be seen again. Now what you see here today is what's left over, basically Iraq. 

Then one day a sea chicken, a mad clown, and Leroy put aside their differences to bring mafia back to teh goodness it was meant to be in the only way they knew how...

spidey memes and emo

all the spidey memes 

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Am I really back on the chopping block again for playing the ******* game?

Ok whatever lynch me then morons.

Next game I'll just sit there and say nothing.

Fun times.

No wait are you really going to...

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Like Lizzie even has a minor meltdown...and then MY train grows again? Like wtf was it not obvious he was cracking under the pressure?

What a joke.

Emo meltdown Nolder...ON A WEDNESDAY?!

But it's not even my birthday?! Damn I love you, dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This can be arranged.

He's the 2nd coming of Sharrow.

Until he's posted 3 pages of Ric Flair memes and somehow still half the game doesn't get what happened, he's no Sharrow

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

You guys could lynch him now. What’s the hold up?

Awful

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Until he's typed the word one in place of exclamation marks, I'm not impressed (that much)

1 hour ago, CTM said:

unvote

vote Nolderp

not buying that little performance

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I looked at him before he disappeared and he was equally dreadful. How bad can another day of Lizzie be? Gulp!

Unvote vote Nolder

If you guys lynched him without me while I was doing a full read I swear

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

@Jetsfan80 lynch achieved

1 hour ago, CTM said:

oh.. @Jetsfan80

think we have a  lynch

I ****ing hate you guys

1 minute ago, AVM said:

I don't necessarily disagree, just don't like the regurgitation of what Lizzie just said a page prior

In fairness, I've been calling out those two all game long.

31 minutes ago, Nolder said:

retarded af

you guys always lynch me for the stupidest ******* reasons

Image result for its wednesday meme

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

if you are town, i apologize but the AtE really put me over the top on you. Never known you to get emo over a lynch

FWIW, I think Nolder would stick to the bit until the mod posted a scene...but sure, possible he's town.  We'll see soon, I think scum.

If not, we should have a pretty good VC analysis to work on between D1, where he stalled out the first time and the final VC.

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

Thank you ... sh*t! 

Also thankful you don't think I'm a dude 

I mean you could be reverse Dan'ing us as a fake lady but I haven't seen JiF hit on you yet so I'm thinking that's unrealistic

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

In fairness, I've been calling out those two all game long.

I mean, so have I and others.  It's not calling them out that bothers me it just struck me as weird.  Not a lynchable offense by itself at all, considering they DO need to get active (at least Brick showed up and flicked us off, basically)