Jump to content

Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Lizzie's vote is on Nolder, yet he's trying to direct traffic to other candidates... asking townie A what they think of townie B, do it enough and spark a fire, let townie A lead the momentum shift, lynch townie B, the blame townie A for derailing Nolder's train to lynch a townie.

Scum tactics 101.

Nolder and Lizmath are tethered. I don't like to tether, but sometimes it's blatant. If one is scum, so likely is the other.

I legit was coming to this exact same conclusion on my reread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyways daughters wedding shower went off without a hitch. Cooked  for two days. Even baked my daughter one of these silly cupcake wedding dress cakes. My younger daughter found it on line so her and.

Just so all the newbies know, it is customary on JN to never lynch a newcomer on D1 so you are all safe... from being lynched.   Your emotional safety is not guaranteed, but if you follow th

don't you thrive in the night?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

You are wrong on me, I think you are wrong on lizzie and you are wrong to clear Brick, but i don't see any reason to be suspicious of him

To be clear, when I said I wouldn't vote Brick, that meant today. I haven't cleared him for the entire game, but currently I'm not suspicious of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I legit was coming to this exact same conclusion on my reread.

Well, I will repeat, that's bullsht and you're pinging now that you're following it. I asked Spoot what he thought of Nolder (whom I was voting) and then Gata. that's all the asking I did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I legit was coming to this exact same conclusion on my reread.

Keep me posted on your thoughts. I trust you right now, so I'll listen to what you have to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Keep me posted on your thoughts. I trust you right now, so I'll listen to what you have to say.

The interaction that he is referring to was between you and I, so you shouldn't need any help following it. Besides, why do you trust JiF? For all you know, he could've bussed Nolder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Well, I will repeat, that's bullsht and you're pinging now that you're following it. I asked Spoot what he thought of Nolder (whom I was voting) and then Gata. that's all the asking I did.

Getting all OMGUS on me over making an observation isnt doing yourself any favors.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

To be clear, when I said I wouldn't vote Brick, that meant today. I haven't cleared him for the entire game, but currently I'm not suspicious of him.

ok, fair enough, just a dumb thing to say because I think jif said it too an that crap can take hold within the group (particularly with a lot of noobs playing). Mentally clearing anyone short of a mod confirmed town is a recipe for trouble.

I trust Jif and Ape the most at the moment, but it's certainly possible either one of them are scum as both are capable of taking the town for a ride

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

The interaction that he is referring to was between you and I, so you shouldn't need any help following it. Besides, why do you trust JiF? For all you know, he could've bussed Nolder.

Actually, my observation was more based on you and Nold.  I'll go quote some of it.  It seemed contrived as I was doing my reread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nolder said:

Let's turn up the heat and see what happens.

Vote Liz

 

22 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Nolder looking scummy as ****

vote nolder 

repost.. they cross voted 45 min from one another and about 4 posts

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lizard King said:

So?

both of you guys were catching votes and the two biggest candidates for lynch (gata train had cooled).. bussing each other is the natural scum move in that situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'd like to believe it's because I'm back in the game and participating again and therefore the majority of those people don't have a real complaint to make against me. In reality they probably just got bored by lack of progress and moved on. It happens more than we'd like to admit I think.

 

23 hours ago, HessStation said:

Ironically that's why I voted you.

 

23 hours ago, Nolder said:

Speaking of voting my vote is just floating on GATA right now. I don't like it.

Unvote

 

23 hours ago, Nolder said:

Let's turn up the heat and see what happens.

Vote Liz

 

23 hours ago, HessStation said:

Gata currently holds down my #4 Townie spot. That's a slight slide but Spoot has been sending strong vibes. I've been ok with you ATM too fwiw.

 

23 hours ago, Lizard King said:

VT

 

22 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Nolder looking scummy as ****

vote nolder 

 

22 hours ago, Lizard King said:

 

Puke

 

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm totally willing to lynch your lazy ass. Still willing to lynch Nolder, too. I'll try to even it up some.

unvote

vote Nolder

 

21 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Thoughts on Nolder?

 

21 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I already laid my case out on Nolder. Either go back and read it, or GFY.

Don't make me switch to you, you scaly-backed fool.

 

21 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Thoughts on Gata?

All of this, I didnt particularly like during my reread.  It felt forced.  Like they were playing off each other.  In hindsight, that doesnt make any sense but we've seen scum be blatant before in the past.  Sometimes you're better off not over complicating things but this looked like a situation of both knowing they were in the cross hairs and trying to look good if one of them got killed.

It's total speculation.  Obviously nothing concrete nor are they hitting areas where I'd claim there was  tell, just seem forced and when you throw Hess's interaction in there too and his overall lack of effort his game...I think maybe between him and Lizzy there is scum.

I'm going to sit on it for a minute  because there is no rush but it might be down to Hess and Lizzy for me today.

I also would like to hear from AVM/Leelou.  Her participation was so low, I've got nothing on her and AVM taking over could at least help us have an opinion. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Day 3 Vote Count

CTM  (4) - Lizzie, GATA, Spoot, Brick

Lizzie (3) - Ape, CTM, AVM

 

Not Voting (5) - Ballin, Hess, Crusher, Stark, JiF

CTM IS AT L-3

 

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

Link to post
Share on other sites

FTR, coming into this day I was ready to lynch Lizzie. His play most of the game has been abysmal. Not offering original thoughts, echoing sentiments from others, asking others to make a case for him, plopping down votes without explanation... just utterly gross.

He has come alive a bit recently, though. And, while I don't think his case on CTM was particularly enlightening, I didn't like the way that CTM fought and defended today. I thought he was trying to twist Lizzie's case into something that it wasn't, while trying to rewrite what was said.

And I feel good about that post of Lizzie's that I highlighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Whatever you say. You just said I was tethered to Nolder. That implies I am scum. Why wouldn't I defend

Because you said it pinged while I'm clearly town putting in work to get this solved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll be unavailable from about 4-10 PM EST tonight.  In order to avoid a long wait for a death scene, I'll give @Kaylee permission to post one if there's a lynch between those hours and I can't post a quick one on my phone or something.  

Cool. I'll be unavailable for about an hour, in an hour lol... thrn again for about 45 mins around 3pm EST. So it should work out. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

FTR, coming into this day I was ready to lynch Lizzie. His play most of the game has been abysmal. Not offering original thoughts, echoing sentiments from others, asking others to make a case for him, plopping down votes without explanation... just utterly gross.

He has come alive a bit recently, though. And, while I don't think his case on CTM was particularly enlightening, I didn't like the way that CTM fought and defended today. I thought he was trying to twist Lizzie's case into something that it wasn't, while trying to rewrite what was said.

And I feel good about that post of Lizzie's that I highlighted.

Agreed with all of this but as I did my reread, the flow of what CTM is on Lizzy about seemed like it was coming from a good place.  I think today, he just didnt know how to say he ****ed up and blamed all of us for his mistake.  

The game I lost my sh*t and revealed PM, was kind of similar.  Though I admitted I ****ed up but CTM is a stubborn insecure monster and would never admit self error. 

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You’ve made quite the turn since having your heels dug in on CTM Just a short time ago. 

that's what townies do you mule

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed with all of this but as I did my reread, the flow of what CTM is on Lizzy about seemed like it was coming from a good place.  I think today, he just didnt know how to say he ****ed up and blamed all of us for his mistake.  

The game I lost my sh*t and revealed PM, was kind of similar.  Though I admitted I ****ed up but CTM is a stubborn insecure monster and would never admit self error.

I could buy that, but I have been suspicious of CTM most of the game, ever since he called me "over reacty" for simply asking--ironically--Lizzie to clarify why he called me shady.

I could also look at Hess, too. There was one correspondence between us that gave me pause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

 

Or scummates running a gambit?

haha, you are reminding me of old ape.. Anyone who mentioned his name was given a FOS and cased furiously if they dare do it a second time. His play always reminded me of this scene 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Although I find t hard to fathom that Jif bussed Nolder so hard so early. Jif could be confused. 

Confused?  No. Unsure? Yes.  I'm town trying to figure this out.  Nold hit my #1 scum tell.  It didnt fail, yet again.  Nobody is hitting tells right now so I'm having to dig through a lot of b.s. to draw conclusions.  

You and CTM have claimed VT.  Which is some ways makes me comfortable being wrong but on either of you but I'm taking my time to try and be as educated on my guess as I can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I could buy that, but I have been suspicious of CTM most of the game, ever since he called me "over reacty" for simply asking--ironically--Lizzie to clarify why he called me shady.

I could also look at Hess, too. There was one correspondence between us that gave me pause.

we can all discuss later when the possibility of my lying is no longer out there

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JiF said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of this, I didnt particularly like during my reread.  It felt forced.  Like they were playing off each other.  In hindsight, that doesnt make any sense but we've seen scum be blatant before in the past.  Sometimes you're better off not over complicating things but this looked like a situation of both knowing they were in the cross hairs and trying to look good if one of them got killed.

It's total speculation.  Obviously nothing concrete nor are they hitting areas where I'd claim there was  tell, just seem forced and when you throw Hess's interaction in there too and his overall lack of effort his game...I think maybe between him and Lizzy there is scum.

I'm going to sit on it for a minute  because there is no rush but it might be down to Hess and Lizzy for me today.

I also would like to hear from AVM/Leelou.  Her participation was so low, I've got nothing on her and AVM taking over could at least help us have an opinion. 

 

You obviously didn't do a thorough job on your re-read. Hess hinted cop. Or are you trying to kill the cop?

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You’ve made quite the turn since having your heels dug in on CTM Just a short time ago. 

ha. at this point JiF and CTM sound like they are putting on a show just to confuse people..

 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because you said it pinged while I'm clearly town putting in work to get this solved. 

seems to have stated this a few times this game. What if JiF is not Batman but Two-Face trying to play us all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I could buy that, but I have been suspicious of CTM most of the game, ever since he called me "over reacty" for simply asking--ironically--Lizzie to clarify why he called me shady.

I could also look at Hess, too. There was one correspondence between us that gave me pause.

I was voting CTM yesterday to start the day until Nold hit that tell.  Now after my reread, I'm just saying, the way he was playing...to come back to Lizzy the way he did in the flow of the game, looked like town effort.  At least that how I'm seeing it for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

You’ve made quite the turn since having your heels dug in on CTM Just a short time ago. 

Yeah, it happens.

I admit it took me by surprise, too, because I had just gone after CTM hard, but perhaps it's good that someone slowed things down.

We still haven't heard from @Integrity28 and @BallinPB on this day's events.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

You obviously didn't do a thorough job on your re-read. Hess hinted cop. Or are you trying to kill the cop?

I didnt catch a cop hint.  He did a Hess and claimed he had a gun, which he does every game.  And why would you call this out if you're town?  Maybe scum didnt see it.  I didnt. 

This is a gross post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...