Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

2 hours ago, Stark said:

I have assumed everyone was lying the whole time. And the fact that everyone is jumping off CTM leads me to believe that he is being protected by some. Oh well. I guess I will go with the other of the 2 showman. Sorry Batman 

UNVOTE 

VOTE JiF

Unvote vote stark

1 hour ago, GATA said:

I thought he came off like town and he explained the whole CTM thing. 

You know his play longer though, why is he your vote? 

He’s not, but I feel your inquiries regarding my reasons put you squarely in the town spectrum.

Feel like AVM saw everyone say he is playing different as leelou, then went and impersonated himself.

Don’t dig jif’s hiding. Seen him do it as scum and town though. The less he posts, the better he is at both alignments. So kudos on adopting a more effective approach I suppose.

i stand by points I’ve made about CTM, but digress...

crusher and Spoot are town I guess. Hess too?

gata is town imo

Would be good to get more leadership from crusher and Spoot. Hess too. 

I feel like everyone just gave up.

On 3/7/2018 at 1:45 PM, JiF said:

Who are leading in votes right now? Lizzie, Crusher, Gata, Nol?

Gata is starting to give me a coached vibe.  She using some vernacular that is pretty advanced for a newbie. 

Lizzie?  Hard read for me but I dont really see the case so cant really object either.

Crusher?  I've been reading town.

Is this the first mention of coached gata? 

On 3/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, JiF said:

It's one thing to be quick to pick up on the game (which truly isnt common). It's another to be using common vernacular among the community in your first game.

I agree with this, but it could easily be coming from a scum mate.

On 3/7/2018 at 1:58 PM, JiF said:

It's WIFOM mixed with directing the town away from scum hunting mixed with playing stupid.  Especially on D1.  There are a millions reason why scum killed Pac and left AVM alive.  None of us are going to figure that out, as town.  It's posturing effort and focusing in the wrong areas.

I've hit on this sh*t a bunch of times over my years of playing. 

Very townie post.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:29 PM, CTM said:

glad we're all caught up now but i don't know why you dummies insist on calling this out in thread, why not see how far she goes with it and then pounce

Also very townie.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:34 PM, CTM said:

ape and jif are circling around my favorites at the moment, if we are all town that's a pretty good sign. How about we kill one of Lizzie, Nolder, Gata.. 

I think we start with Lizzie so he can study up on continuous odds before investing another dime of anyone's money

This one pings. He lists a top 3 and nudges Lizzie. Nolder in his top 3, but doubling down on not voting him. CTM is notorious for bussing. Would he push away from Nolders lynch this hard? Maybe if he feels he’s carrying a scum team light on experience.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:03 PM, Kaylee said:

Official Day 2 Vote Count

Lizzie (5) - Crusher, CTM, GATA, Hess, Nolder

GATA (2)  - Ballin, Brick

Crushluv (2) - Spoot, Lizzie

Nolder (3) - JiF, Stark, Ape

Spoot (1) - AVM

LIZZIE IS AT L-3

Not Voting  (1) - Leelou

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

So CTM already had his vote on Lizzie. There wasn’t really a reason for the post before this vote count where he further nudges Lizzie. Why press? See how it plays out. Nolder was the only other one getting heat (this was all around when jif and I cased Nolder).

On 3/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, Spoot-Face said:

I'm totally willing to lynch your lazy ass. Still willing to lynch Nolder, too. I'll try to even it up some.

unvote

vote Nolder

Feel great about spoot.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, Kaylee said:

Official Day 2 Vote Count

Lizzie (5) - Crusher, CTM, GATA, Hess, Nolder

GATA (2)  - Ballin, Brick

Nolder (5) - JiF, Stark, Ape, Lizzie, Spoot

Spoot (1) - AVM

LIZZIE AND NOLDER ARE AT L-3

Not Voting  (1) - Leelou

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

So if we look at the competingvtrains of Lizzie 1.0 vs Nolder. Jif or stark are the only ones who could be scum voting Nolder.

ctm or gata are the only ones voting Lizzie who could be scum.

(Oobviously assumes Hess isn’t lying and didn’t view the GF, and I’m town).

I'd put it at Stark and CTM. Jif hasn’t pinged me, if he’s scum congrats. Gata seems town to me. The monkey wrench is brick and ballin (liz2.0) are dead weight at that point in the game. Either could be scum, nothing to go on.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Feel like AVM saw everyone say he is playing different as leelou, then went and impersonated himself.

Don’t dig jif’s hiding. Seen him do it as scum and town though. The less he posts, the better he is at both alignments. So kudos on adopting a more effective approach I suppose.

gata is town imo

It's a weekend lull -- at least that's my excuse.

I put out a top 5 at the beginning of this day, but I'm going to revise it down to 3 for now.

CTM -- Was the most obvious/easiest lynch coming into today and he knew it. Not sure what to make of his willingness to fall on the sword. I got a different vibe in my interactions with him post Lizzie lynch. Seemed very genuine, but I've never really seen CTM as a genuine player as either alignment. The falling on the sword almost feels like giving up/exhaustion rather than self-sacrificial for the greater good. Even if he's Town, it could still be an informative lynch what with all the conversations/reactions surrounding him.

Lizzie -- I 100% did not like his immediate vote on JiF once he subbed in. I feel like Town Lizzie would continue his case on CTM after all that. I would still be voting him if anyone was willing to follow me there. Suspiciously enough, not even CTM seems to want to vote Lizzie, even though we both made the exact same observation on Lizzie.

AVM -- Leelou was already under suspicion, and AVM has only seemed to continue that. I did not like his most recent catch-up, especially how he was outlining the best strategy for Scum. Almost seemed too transparent, and very cocky, like he was waving it in Town's collective face. I'm voting here because I think he's a better lynch than JiF, at the moment.

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

gata is town imo

Since Wednesday I haven't read the game and that's when activity picked up most. I just haven't had the time to reread the game and winging it, if it gets down to end game I'll do the work, towns got the lead, I feel like I did my part, I splurged last night bc I thought I was drawing enough NK heat, I've given my ranks, nobodies listening, the only thing CTM has done is self vote, gut thinks they know the games over and it's his white flag and having fun with this cirlce jerk. If not still have numbers and some intel on at least one innocent given my inv if we think it's possible to have GF. We have a nice lead so I'm not really over concerned. 

Unvote vote ctm 

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Lizzie coming back and not citing CTM is gross.

brick is getting a free ride.

This too. LK is like a different player since coming back per skim job. Out of the nubes I've really only read Gata play as super townie vibe. Really null reads on Brick and Stark.

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Since Wednesday I haven't read the game and that's when activity picked up most. I just haven't had the time to reread the game and winging it, if it gets down to end game I'll do the work, towns got the lead, I feel like I did my part, I splurged last night bc I thought I was drawing enough NK heat, I've given my ranks, nobodies listening, the only thing CTM has done is self vote, gut thinks they know the games over and it's his white flag and having fun with this cirlce jerk. If not still have numbers and some intel on at least one innocent given my inv if we think it's possible to have GF. We have a nice lead so I'm not really over concerned. 

Unvote vote ctm 

I agree 100%. For the record. He seems like he’s ready for next game to start.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

gata is town imo

I’m sorry for that but the weekend just buried me. Up to that I’ve had more fun playing with everyone this game than any game in a bit. Majority of people have put  good work in. 

I need to go through the stuff from today again.  I only read through it once and very quickly. 

FACTS:

* 83 pages in, and it's only Day 4. 

* CTM and Ape bickering like an old married couple again, but with somewhat new styles of play thrown in. 

* Several fun new additions. 

* Kaylee co-modding like a boss and Nyn chillin'. 

* AVM with a long catchup.

* Hess doing Hess things. 

* Spoot becoming a veteran player before our very eyes. 

* Lizzie playing 2 different spots but somehow not ruining the game (yet).

* Crusher fat and happy.

This is my magnum opus. 

• Sympathy 2

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Unvote vote stark

lol, think that is the first time a vote was cast for me... nice.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:22 PM, Stark said:

I’ve been skeptical of CTM since the JiF conversation, as I posted. Honestly, the whole “ just vote me off “ is getting old. Lol. I am still looking at spoof but at this point I would be happy to give CTM the out he is looking for. 

On 3/10/2018 at 3:25 PM, Stark said:

And if CTM does come back I would be okay voting him out again just because 

Super suspicious action to me. the whole "vote me out" screams please don't, I could be wrong, but i said it before the above quoted posts and then again here. Batman is safe for now. Lets get this done people.

UNVOTE

VOTE CTM

4 hours ago, GATA said:

CTM wants to be lynched and isn’t helping us find scum.

Vote CTM

This is another reason. Just saying "lynch me i am the obvious out" isn't helping. Out of the 500 posts CTM has his last 400 have been the self-righteous suicide type.... and NO that is not a reference to: System of a Down - Chop Suey.

• Upvote 2

The stench was horrendous. 

"Does it bathe?  Ever?"

CTM, oblivious to just how loathed and disgusting he actually was, strolled around in his cargo shorts with a giant bag of synthetic weed in his pocket.  Dandruff and dead skin flecked off of his ugly, horrifying body at all times of the day. 

"That monster.  Why did it have to return?"

CTM noodle-danced his way to the center of a drum circle. 

"Guys, you should totally kill me.  It's all groovy mannnn.  I mean, like, I'll just become one with, like, the universe."

giphy.gif

"Holy sh*t, can we just shut it up?  How do we kill it?"

"Someone call Eric Cartman."

giphy.gif

latest?cb=20121103092213

CTM, aka dirty hippie, is dead. 

He was.....

Roleless (Vanilla) Town!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Jif be like.... okay, I'm quiet all weekend. my name gets some votes, lets wait it out while everyone gets impatient and ...... oh wait, CTM is L1 

It was inevitable.  He was my #1 before I did a complete 180 onto Lizzy yesterday, much because of CTM's guidance.  His willingness to kill himself pinged.  We've all lead lynches and been wrong before, especially CTM, especially on Lizzy, so this shouldnt have trigger his emo lay down that he did to start the day.  It all pings as if he's trying to be uber townie and take one for the team. I suspect it was the only way he thought he'd live the day.

I dont believe Hess but man, he's sold it pretty well after what was an ugly reveal followed by a convenient night for his reveal.  Plus, I dont think it makes sense to lynch the uncountered cop even if I have my doubts about the reveal.