Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

My scum list:

1.Crush

2. AVM

3. Gata / Brick

Crush has been in and out, with good reason. But of all the players he did not say he was town, not that I saw in the re-read. also my post above notes some things i find interesting. Crush also had the fewest votes but almost all were for town and they were his first vote (and almost all of those were the first names anyone voted), like he was going down a list, only voted scum when he was the nail and there was no saving his team mate. 

I went through and also looked at who everyone voted for each lynch vote. Case on each player by vote:

Crusher: 1st name was always Town, the votes for a scum player were literally the last vote - the nail in the coffin (so does he just get lucky there). his gata vote was a switch but only once lizzy had too many voted to be needed there (again did he throw out gata because he knew she was town). The 4th round he threw out AVM, but this round CTM had basically given up and was going to be voted out by the time he voted AVM. His vote on HESS was again the last needed vote for the lynch. Then he led with Lizzy again on the last round.

AVM: mostly voted town players as well. Had been inactive a lot so it is tougher to gauge him. He also missed a few votes which I find weird for a veteran. AVM May have changed his style up based on what the veterans said, and having played with him before. 

Brick: seems to be all over the place, but usually ended up picking the with the majority. Could be new player type move, or clever as hell.

Gata: Also seems all over, but only had votes on 2 of the lynched players. I think she was genuinely searching for info from everyone and living this game by the motto "trust no one". She also missed some votes at lynch.

Stark: 2 times I led out with votes for scum and they were proven correct. but the other votes I was sporadic too. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 2.52.57 PM.png

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Those two sentences are really strange together. my point was clear the second sentence is nothing more than you literally making sh*t up.

i am saying that you could be trying to manipulate the town, give us a false sense of security. 

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You just read? I literally answer that question three different times in the thread. I read up on her and answered it before I tended to my daughter party this weekend. Then I answered it again when Gata asked me just a few pages back. My re-read on Gata was Friday morning around 10, I answered it.

yes you did past your answer but this is what you posted, unless i just missed it in 95 pages of BS, which is totally possible.. I mostly read only the survivors posts because those are the only people i am interested in.

Im doing my look at Gata and decided to look at Leelou 'splay and AVM before he took over for her and after. See if his confirmed townie play change once he morphed.

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nothing in the black I can offer explanation or defense for because I didn't do any of it. Just observation from AVM.

yes you quoted my post which removes the AVM original, this was more to say that another veteran had thought you could be playing a great scum game. I only used that because they would know your play style more than any of the new people.

On pg 20

On 3/1/2018 at 9:28 AM, HessStation said:

I could start picking off missing nubes 

On 3/1/2018 at 11:09 AM, HessStation said:

unvote vote big o

Hmm so, Hess makes a play for the newbs and sacrifices his own scum. Next thing you know.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:38 PM, BrickTamland said:

action. nice.

unvote

vote Big O

Pac asks him ....

On 3/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, Pac said:

why are you suddenly ok peeling off me and going with big o?

Brick doesn't answers instead says the following .... 

Might be nothing but something to consider.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, BrickTamland said:

scum doing a nice job of hyping me up as a suspicious dude. i like it. but i'd rather not be killed off already. thanks

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

On pg 20

Hmm so, Hess makes a play for the newbs and sacrifices his own scum. Next thing you know.

Pac asks him ....

Brick doesn't answers instead says the following .... 

Might be nothing but something to consider.

right, then Brick switched to spoot and then back to Big O. at this point anyone of us could be scum, re-reading you will see a lot of BS in the thread for sure.

27 minutes ago, Stark said:

My scum list:

1.Crush

2. AVM

3. Gata / Brick

Crush has been in and out, with good reason. But of all the players he did not say he was town, not that I saw in the re-read. also my post above notes some things i find interesting. Crush also had the fewest votes but almost all were for town and they were his first vote (and almost all of those were the first names anyone voted), like he was going down a list, only voted scum when he was the nail and there was no saving his team mate. 

I went through and also looked at who everyone voted for each lynch vote. Case on each player by vote:

Crusher: 1st name was always Town, the votes for a scum player were literally the last vote - the nail in the coffin (so does he just get lucky there). his gata vote was a switch but only once lizzy had too many voted to be needed there (again did he throw out gata because he knew she was town). The 4th round he threw out AVM, but this round CTM had basically given up and was going to be voted out by the time he voted AVM. His vote on HESS was again the last needed vote for the lynch. Then he led with Lizzy again on the last round.

AVM: mostly voted town players as well. Had been inactive a lot so it is tougher to gauge him. He also missed a few votes which I find weird for a veteran. AVM May have changed his style up based on what the veterans said, and having played with him before. 

Brick: seems to be all over the place, but usually ended up picking the with the majority. Could be new player type move, or clever as hell.

Gata: Also seems all over, but only had votes on 2 of the lynched players. I think she was genuinely searching for info from everyone and living this game by the motto "trust no one". She also missed some votes at lynch.

Stark: 2 times I led out with votes for scum and they were proven correct. but the other votes I was sporadic too. 

WAIT W T F you made a graph and everything ... idk if to cry in laughter or cry because I'm thinking how much time this consumed esp with the formatting ...

This is a separate note: Kudos for your hard work and your Scum hunting I think you're laying into Crush too much he answered me I just forgot.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

WAIT W T F you made a graph and everything ... idk if to cry in laughter or cry because I'm thinking how much time this consumed esp with the formatting ...

This is a separate note: Kudos for your hard work and your Scum hunting I think you're laying into Crush too much he answered me I just forgot.

lol, it did not take long at all. just a few min. i just needed to see where the votes went and at what point with the re-read of the surviving players.

BY THE WAY Leelou in the first round was pretty chummy with scum and voted of 2 townies.

Also noted Pac is Pac and I think that was one reason for the first town vote.

I'm still collecting info will be backs.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

lol, it did not take long at all. just a few min. i just needed to see where the votes went and at what point with the re-read of the surviving players.

So you basically skimmed through the game and literally accuse me of doing stuff I didn’t do and not doing stuff I did do and your calling this a case on me as scum?

Townies are trying to solve the game. They tend to be more accurate. Scum are trying to look like town. They usually don’t read completely. They find stuff and make it work . 

You just did exactly what scum does at end game. Skim the game and make it fit your case. 

Im not even saying this makes you scum. It’s your first game and you put a great effort in and I hope you play again. 

I still need to look at a couple things before I chose who I think is scum.

”The devil is  in the details rook!”

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

So you basically skimmed through the game and literally accuse me of doing stuff I didn’t do and not doing stuff I did do and your calling this a case on me as scum?

Townies are trying to solve the game. They tend to be more accurate. Scum are trying to look like town. They usually don’t read completely. They find stuff and make it work . 

You just did exactly what scum does at end game. Skim the game and make it fit your case. 

Im not even saying this makes you scum. It’s your first game and you put a great effort in and I hope you play again. 

I still need to look at a couple things before I chose who I think is scum.

”The devil is  in the details rook!”

i looked at everyones play that is still alive, could I be wrong on you.. sure. its possible. and if so, then AVM would be my next target...

58 minutes ago, Stark said:

My scum list:

1.Crush

2. AVM

3. Gata / Brick

So the fact Brick Kaye’s a vote on me with no explanation seems townie to you? At end game . We lynch wrong today then nk. Tomorrow it’s lynch right or lose . 

Votes without explanation at end game are not a good sign. No info to hold people to with a myslynch. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

So the fact Brick Kaye’s a vote on me with no explanation seems townie to you? At end game . We lynch wrong today then nk. Tomorrow it’s lynch right or lose . 

Votes without explanation at end game are not a good sign. No info to hold people to with a myslynch. 

You are at L-1 so for the moment.

UNVOTE

1 minute ago, Stark said:

i looked at everyones play that is still alive, could I be wrong on you.. sure. its possible. and if so, then AVM would be my next target...

Your case has flat out lies in it. Want to know the number one rule of mafia? “ Lynch all liars.” You lied in my case. You ignored I answered Gata three times that question. You either read terrible or your lying. You also lied you read the survivors. Because I’m a survivor and you didn’t read me. 

On 3/1/2018 at 8:39 PM, HessStation said:

Whether it was witchery, such as afflicted people in past centuries and the darker ages, whether some gifted fiend of hellish nature, practicing sorcery for selfish enjoyment, or some more modern science akin to that of mesmerism, or some hobgoblin native to the wilds of the country, or a disembodied soul shut out from heaven, or an evil spirit like those Paul drove out of the man into the swine, setting them mad; or a demon let loose from hell, I am unable to decide; nor has any one yet divined its nature or cause for appearing, and I trust this description of the monster in all forms and shapes, and of many tongues, will lead experts who may come with a wiser generation, to a correct conclusion and satisfactory explanation.

— Williams Bell, An Authenticated History of the Bell Witch: Chapter 8

I should have known he was scum from this. ^ 

On 3/1/2018 at 9:27 PM, BrickTamland said:

Hes dead :)

Your bloodlust is real but why ?

35 minutes ago, Stark said:

right, then Brick switched to spoot and then back to Big O. at this point anyone of us could be scum, re-reading you will see a lot of BS in the thread for sure.

Yes, but if you read why he voted Spoot only cause he questioned him. I've done it too but he hopped on the train right before the lynch.

I have to keep reading only on pg 25 ](*,) 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Could you please unvote me so I don’t get ninjad by AVM? If he is your second favorite for scum you are literally handing him the day. Unless you just making that up too.

i already did waiting on brick to respond

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

I should have known he was scum from this. ^ 

Your bloodlust is real but why ?

Yes, but if you read why he voted Spoot only cause he questioned him. I've done it too but he hopped on the train right before the lynch.

I have to keep reading only on pg 25 ](*,) 

yes, and we all have jumped onto other votes. As i said any of us could be scum. just saying what i took from it.

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

why you vote crush, need reasons..

Sorry i have been dying from our FA so far. Mccown and bridgewater yay. Was not paying attention to the notifications

Its 5 of us now. I think that either crusher or avm is scum.

I dont have much on crusher from his own words. My understanding is that crusher is good at the game and would be a decent manipulator. I buy into that theory.

i was suspicious of avm going by what i thought was a change in his behavior following his takeover of leelou.

id go for either of them right now.

you just went through all the game, supposedly, and im (maybe foolishly) going to buy that for now. If your bullsh*tting, nice job

Gata is trying too. Acting inquisitvely. Seems like she is trying to fogure things out. Is it an act? Idk

1 hour ago, Stark said:

My scum list:

1.Crush

2. AVM

3. Gata / Brick

awesome... ii've not seen setup  and haven't really been following since Saturday, so i have no idea if you are right or not, just applauding the effort.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, CTM said:

awesome... ii've not seen setup  and haven't really been following since Saturday, so i have no idea if you are right or not, just applauding the effort.

i have no idea if i am right either. lol.. 

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Your case has flat out lies in it. Want to know the number one rule of mafia? “ Lynch all liars.” You lied in my case. You ignored I answered Gata three times that question. You either read terrible or your lying. You also lied you read the survivors. Because I’m a survivor and you didn’t read me. 

i did not lie, i just forgot to add the response into the massive multi-quote, then went back and pasted it in. 

i did read the survivors and noted how they voted. 

I said to you, i could be wrong. I also UNVOTED so you didn't get ninja'd I do think you being an experienced player and seemingly a good one, could also be why I am leaning on you based on other veterans comments about you.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Dude right! Reminded me of Danx as a dude and hs chart making before he turned into a chick and married JVOR. Stark is a keeper.

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Stark said:

i did not lie, i just forgot to add the response into the massive multi-quote, then went back and pasted it in. 

i did read the survivors and noted how they voted. 

I said to you, i could be wrong. I also UNVOTED so you didn't get ninja'd I do think you being an experienced player and seemingly a good one, could also be why I am leaning on you based on other veterans comments about you.

You said I didnt answer the question asked by GATA. I did. If you changed it then fine. When I first read it it was a lie. Was just odd you telling me you read the survivors and didn't catch the answer to a question I answered three times.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

***Interrupting this ongoing Mafia game to remind you all that the New York Jets are very, very, stupid.***

***That is all. Your Mafia game will now continue as scheduled***

McCown again. Lol. We suck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1