LB David Harris Retires from the NFL

joewilly12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

One of my favorite Jets of all time... But man, another guy who went from playing every snap for us to being completely out of the league almost instantly. Really says something about us.

Not really. He was old and slow. It was just time regardless and the same goes for Mangold and Brick.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Right. And these old slow guys who were on the verge of retirement were playing every snap and were our cornerstone team leaders.

To be fair Brick/Mangold dropped off a cliff from their second to last year to their last year. It wasn’t like they were garbage for a few years prior and we just didn’t put better players in front of them.

Harris was slow forever but still accumulated a good amount of tackles and had the IQ you need to play MLB .. which is pretty much the QB of the Defense. Harris could be about the only one I can agree on as far that goes.

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, David Harris. Unless I'm missing the negative posts in this thread.

Seriously.  Apparently acknowledging that he was a great player for us who eventually got old and was no longer effective is the same as hating him?

Harris was in fact a great player for us.  He was always on the slower side, but as he aged, that became increasingly problematic for him.  Great Jets career.  From a management standpoint, shouldn't have gotten that last contract, but that's on management, not him.

Man, it hurts like a mother f'er that 2 of my favorite all time Jets both tried to go snake a ring with the Cheatriots.  Kills me.  I will never be able to look at Ellis and Harris the same for it. The only solace is that they both had nothing to do with their Super Bowl appearance and both lost.  Only wish the same happened to Mevi$ Slouch. 

2007 - David Harris

2008 - None

2009 - None

2010 - Vlad Ducasse

2011 - None

2012 - Stephen Hill

2013 - Geno Smith

2014 - Jace Amaro

2015 - Devin Smith

2016 - Christian Hackenberg

2017 - Marcus Maye

Being drafted in the 2nd round by the Jets has about a good a trajectory as being cast as one of Liam Neeson's children.  Hopefully Maye stops the bleeding.

Archived