LB David Harris Retires from the NFL

joewilly12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

LOL!  How did Rusty Staub get in your list?  The guy was a terrific PH for the Mets.  I remember he hit a big pinch-HR late in the game that on Old Timers Day that the umps decided was foul.  It felt like it would've been one of those too-good-to-be-true moments (as Rusty felt like he WAS an old-timer).  Then later in the AB (I feel like 2 pitches later), he did hit a HR and the Shea crowd went nuts.  

And fwiw, I don't really agree with putting David Harris on here either.  David Wright was overrated though.  Not saying he was a bad player but there was an aura about him as if he was the Mets' version of Jeter (or something along those lines) and he clearly wasn't!  I never felt like he was any good in the clutch.

And since we're talking Mets, I feel compelled to repeat the famous Ralph Kiner malaprop "And on this Father's Day, we wish you all a happy birthday!"

Staub is the Pennington of the Mets.  A good guy who is everything you want except clutch.

Sorta important.

SAR I

On 2/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

One of my favorite Jets of all time... But man, another guy who went from playing every snap for us to being completely out of the league almost instantly. Really says something about us.

Yeah, that for a change we're making the right calls on when to bail on players and that going with the youth movement was the right thing to do.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, Savage69 said:

Not first team All Pro..LOL We just don't agree on what Great means. And as far as getting numbers retired if it was up to some Jet fans there would be no numbers left for any players..Chrebet was a special player and a huge fan favorite and Marty was good but not for a 1st rd pick IMO 

he was 2nd team all pro which is still much bigger than the pro bow.  fans want to put players in the Hall of Fame w/ zero all pro appearances and only 2 pro bowl selections. we are talking Jets ring of honor, you don't have to be an all time NFL great like you should be to make the HOF but he is an all time Jet great.

There was nothing special about Chrebet, he was a solid player.  David Harris was a better LB than Wayne Chrebet was a WR.

Harris is not getting his # retired, this is the ring of honor.  He does not deserve his # retired, that should be reserved only for all time legendary players.  We used to have a rule the player had to make the Hall of Fame, we changed that for Klecko in hopes it would help him get elected.

Archived