Geno Smith joins the flat earth “debate”

TuscanyTile2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/geno-smith-joins-the-flat-earth-debate/

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2018, 5:00 PM EST
gettyimages-884956146-e1519509636297.jpg
Getty Images

The ancient Greeks figured out that the earth was a sphere about 2,500 years ago, and Magellan proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt 500 years ago.

Geno Smith believes it’s still open to debate.

Smith said on Twitter that he is beginning to believe that NBA player and noted flat-earther Kyrie Irving has a point.

“I been studying this whole flat earth vs globe thing,” Smith wrote, “and I think I may be with Kyrie on this.”

Smith got more than 2,000 responses to that tweet, and he then engaged in a lengthy Twitter conversation with some who agreed with him and some who think he’s an idiot. In the end, however, he seemed persuaded by the evidence that the earth is, in fact, round.

“Hey guys I’m glad we had this talk today it was fun lol I know how you all love to debate on Twitter so this was good,” Smith wrote. “For the record Earth is a globe we know this. But why not listen to someone else’s beliefs or ‘truth.'”

Listening to others’ beliefs is never a bad idea. But if you’re listening to someone who believes the earth is flat, you’re not listening to “truth.”

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Can never have enough of Geno's views of the cosmos.

His prof's at West Virginia must be proud.   

Gotta give the Giants some credit too.

When Geno signed with them, he said he expected to LEARN A LOT  playing behind Eli Manning. 

First off...I don't believe the Earth is flat.

But...has anybody ever taken the time to watch the videos, podcasts, read the blogs and then do some research on this?

It's absolutely fascinating. The things you learn about Anartica for example. Most of th original members of NASA were Nazi's. KGB grabbed half and the US grabbed the other half and started NASA. You also learn about a lot of lies the government has been caught red handed in. 

Again, I don't think the Earth Flat. Moon landing I'm suspicious of. I have extra tin foil hats if anyone ever wants to talk abut conspiracy theories with me. 

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me and the Earth played Pop Warner together. Just like me, it’s round. 

I love this place. It's legit comforting to know that no matter what is going on in the world you can always come back and see people talking about a guard in the top ten, the Jets trading down in the first round, and Crusher forcing his one joke into squeezes tighter than his pants.

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

But...has anybody ever taken the time to watch the videos, podcasts, read the blogs and then do some research on this?

It's absolutely fascinating. The things you learn about Anartica for example. Most of th original members of NASA were Nazi's. KGB grabbed half and the US grabbed the other half and started NASA. You also learn about a lot of lies the government has been caught red handed in. 

Again, I don't think the Earth Flat. Moon landing I'm suspicious of. I have extra tin foil hats if anyone ever wants to talk abut conspiracy theories with me. 

I have a black belt in conspiracy theory. I spent a year on above top secret in about 2003.

A friend of mine told me about how weird the Denver international Airport is so I looked into it. 

I got completely side tracked into the John titor thread, lost many hours of my life debating a time travel story. 

The Apollo 11 threads there  are legendary. Some actual NASA engineers post there. I enjoyed those threads because I learned a lot about the mercury and gemini programs. The mirror Armstrong left behind for the  lunar range finder program is proof man was on the moon. Big muley is proof man then returned from the moon. It's a huge moon rock much too big to have been collected by some sort of unmanned mission. 

I used to enjoy pointing out to the hollow earthers that the fact that they were alive to post was proof that the earth is not hollow and it stands true for flat earthers as well. 

Without a spinning molten core of iron at the earth's core we have no magnetosphere to protect our atmosphere from the solar winds 

No atmosphere, no posters. 

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/geno-smith-joins-the-flat-earth-debate/

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2018, 5:00 PM EST
gettyimages-884956146-e1519509636297.jpg
Getty Images

The ancient Greeks figured out that the earth was a sphere about 2,500 years ago, and Magellan proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt 500 years ago.

Geno Smith believes it’s still open to debate.

Smith said on Twitter that he is beginning to believe that NBA player and noted flat-earther Kyrie Irving has a point.

“I been studying this whole flat earth vs globe thing,” Smith wrote, “and I think I may be with Kyrie on this.”

Smith got more than 2,000 responses to that tweet, and he then engaged in a lengthy Twitter conversation with some who agreed with him and some who think he’s an idiot. In the end, however, he seemed persuaded by the evidence that the earth is, in fact, round.

“Hey guys I’m glad we had this talk today it was fun lol I know how you all love to debate on Twitter so this was good,” Smith wrote. “For the record Earth is a globe we know this. But why not listen to someone else’s beliefs or ‘truth.'”

Listening to others’ beliefs is never a bad idea. But if you’re listening to someone who believes the earth is flat, you’re not listening to “truth.”

Which shows that Geno is dumber than even the most ardent Jets fan thought.

19 minutes ago, HessStation said:

the whole Nazi thing is pretty much common knowledge have you ever seen dr. strangeglove? Man has been to the moon because when they landed they placed a reflector that you can bounce a laser off of. Don't get me wrong the government lies all the time. But there are a few certainties man has been to space, the world is round, and the flat earth conspiracy is completely off their rockers

Archived