Geno Smith joins the flat earth “debate”

TuscanyTile2

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

It did give us Donnie Darko tho

If you are referring to the end of the movie I have bad news 

I always research movies after I watch them if I like them, usually on imdb. 

The director speaks about the ending 

It's not what it appears to be. 

I was devastated 

I warn you not to look it up if you love the movie 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Larz said:

I was devastated 

Damn you, now you know I'm gonna look it up. ?

Trying to remember, been a long time but what I can remember I thought...he lets the plane engine crash on him in one dimension to save the world in another or something like that lol.

Bc the engine slips through a fissure in time or something and his death closes it? Crap...yeah something like that

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Are you referring.to the "leaders" who decreeded that NASAs new primary objective was "outreach to the Muslim world" so they would have higher self esteem, or the ones who say that a third trimester, viable but still in utero baby isn't a human....unless it is, say, if its the premature child of somebody they care about.... ? LOL. OK. 

WTF are you talking about?  A little touchy, aren't we?

38 minutes ago, Larz said:

I was devastated 

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Trying to remember, been a long time but what I can remember I thought...he lets the plane engine crash on him in one dimension to save the world in another or something like that lol.

Bc the engine slips through a fissure in time or something and his death closes it? Crap...yeah something like that

Just read about the whole movie and love it even more lol. I actually wasn't "too far" off. 

But now it all makes sense. Tangent universe vs primary. Most of everything takes place in the Tangent. That he didn't necessarily have to let himself die in the end, he'd had already saved the universe. Mind. Blown. Lol

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He's talking about Antarctica, which, fwiw, he's right. It is restricted. And if for nothing else, the sh*t you learn about Antarctica is pretty cray when you look into it. 

Like what? 

38 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That's all good  it's the last 20 seconds that aren't what you think 

39 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Just read about the whole movie and love it even more lol. I actually wasn't "too far" off. 

But now it all makes sense. Tangent universe vs primary. Most of everything takes place in the Tangent. That he didn't necessarily have to let himself die in the end, he'd had already saved the universe. Mind. Blown. Lol

I'll leave it be 

Don't look it up 

Sorry, lol

34 minutes ago, GATA said:

Like what? 

It's not owned by anyone or any country. There's a treaty of I think the 7 industrialized nations that's it's off base to all civilians. I can't remember all the exact things of other interesting little nugents from different conspiracies but it's pretty cool. Plane/flight patterns etc. Antartica is weird. Id implore you to look it up yourself if you're interested in that type of stuff. if not, cool. 

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Dude I just wasted a bunch of time trying to find what you're talking about. What the f Larz lol

OK. The wave at the end between Gretchen and donnies mom is meaningless. Kelly stated in an interview that he saw a movie with a wave at the end so he threw it in 

Gretchen didn't remember Donnie,  doesn't know what he did, doesn't remember meeting donnies mom,  there is no infinite loop. 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

OK. The wave at the end between Gretchen and donnies mom is meaningless. Kelly stated in an interview that he saw a movie with a wave at the end so he threw it in 

Gretchen didn't remember Donnie,  doesn't know what he did, doesn't remember meeting donnies mom,  there is no infinite loop. 

No way not true. I just watched and read a bunch of crap on this bc of what you said. Kelly himself states, the idea came from this happening to him as a kid when an old woman waved to him through a hotel window and he waved back. And that he couldn't shake as if they knew each other from a different life...to paraphrase. But that's where he got the idea. Dude! That's the whole point of the entire Mad World scene was the affects the tangent universe still had  on everybody although they couldn't necessarily place it. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

It's not owned by anyone or any country. There's a treaty of I think the 7 industrialized nations that's it's off base to all civilians. I can't remember all the exact things of other interesting little nugents from different conspiracies but it's pretty cool. Plane/flight patterns etc. Antartica is weird. Id implore you to look it up yourself if you're interested in that type of stuff. if not, cool. 

Thank you, I sure will! 

57 minutes ago, HessStation said:

No way not true. I just watched and read a bunch of crap on this bc of what you said. Kelly himself states, the idea came from this happening to him as a kid when an old woman waved to him through a hotel window and he waved back. And that he couldn't shake as if they knew each other from a different life...to paraphrase. But that's where he got the idea. Dude! That's the whole point of the entire Mad World scene was the affects the tangent universe still had  on everybody although they couldn't necessarily place it. 

Whoaaaaaa

I've never been so pleased to be wrong! 

So glad we derailed the whole thread now lololol 

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

It's absolutely fascinating. The things you learn about Anartica for example. Most of th original members of NASA were Nazi's. KGB grabbed half and the US grabbed the other half and started NASA. You also learn about a lot of lies the government has been caught red handed in. 

Pretty sure a lot of those scientists that surrendered to the US weren't Nazis, they were just forced to work for the nazis.  Not saying all of them were good people, but saying MOST were nazis?  I don't buy that. 

Some conspiracies might be true, but there's pretty clear psychological reasons for why many people push them so often:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/talking-apes/201801/why-do-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories

We need @gEYno to explain this stuff fully.  Like when he owned Villain in the old "Vaccines caused Autism" debate.  

The researchers found that reasons for believing in conspiracy theories can be grouped into three categories:

• The desire for understanding and certainty
  • The desire for control and security
  • The desire to maintain a positive self-image

•  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty sure a lot of those scientists that surrendered to the US weren't Nazis, they were just forced to work for the nazis.  Not saying all of them were good people, but saying MOST were nazis?  I don't buy that. 

Nazi's were a political party that most did not dare oppose so I'm sure plenty of people in Germany didn't agree with some of the things that went on

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They were German scientists under the Nazi regime, if better put.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some conspiracies might be true, but there's pretty clear psychological reasons for why many people push them so often:  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/talking-apes/201801/why-do-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories

We need @gEYno to explain this stuff fully.  Like when he owned Villain in the old "Vaccines caused Autism" debate.  

It's complex.

Sub-psychotic paranoia, the dunning-kruger effect, illusory correlations, confirmation bias, people's lack of understanding of the ways in which the brain processes information, and so on.

For example, anyone who's done any reading on memory at all, even at a basic level, can explain the Mandela effect, easily.

My question regarding the flat earth, and it's a question for now, not a debate point, is, why?  What is the gain of the government, or whomever, in convincing the world the earth is a sphere?  The argument with 9/11 had a lot to do with government contracts and money.  Who profits from us believing the earth is a sphere instead of flat?  Big Globe Manufacturing?

20 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's complex.

Sub-psychotic paranoia, the dunning-kruger effect, illusory correlations, confirmation bias, people's lack of understanding of the ways in which the brain processes information, and so on.

For example, anyone who's done any reading on memory at all, even at a basic level, can explain the Mandela effect, easily.

My question regarding the flat earth, and it's a question for now, not a debate point, is, why?  What is the gain of the government, or whomever, in convincing the world the earth is a sphere?  The argument with 9/11 had a lot to do with government contracts and money.  Who profits from us believing the earth is a sphere instead of flat?  Big Globe Manufacturing?

Ahem. 

97547C3E-F6E1-43DD-95EB-04C3881CC559.jpeg

30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It's complex.

I completely agree that The Mandela Effect, in reference to pop culture, although fun, shouldn't be taken seriously, however the idea of a multiverse or parellel universes is consistent with quantum physics. Just as an fyi, when I referenced Donnie Darko to the Mandela Effect it wasn't in regard to the semantical word plays but the deeper idea of the latter, which is much more interesting...

58 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Satan lives in Antactica and has been controlling the world from there, obviously...

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Hence the inspiration for Orwell's 1984

Hmm, Hilter was part of his inspiration but I think his scope was broader than just Nazi Germany. A totalitarian gov where free thinking is illegal. 1984 takes it further w/ NWO type sh*t. Ironic how his work is such an inspirration to so many young progressives today who, in contridiction, march for a larger, more powerful federal government. Orwell was a liberal yet only in the classical sense. He'd probably most def identify with Libertarians of today more than either major US political party. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Hmm, Hilter was part of his inspiration but I think his scope was broader than just Nazi Germany. A totalitarian gov where free thinking is illegal. 1984 takes it further w/ NWO type sh*t. Ironic how his work is such an inspirration to so many young progressives today who, in contridiction, march for a larger, more powerful federal government. Orwell was a liberal yet only in the classical sense. He'd probably most def identify with Libertarians of today more than either major US political party. 

Yeah, he tried to show it wasn't just possible in Germany, China, or Russia; that it was very possible here as well. 

The idea of not daring to oppose the regime in charge is the part in Smash's post I was thinking of in my response. 

56 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I completely agree that The Mandela Effect, in reference to pop culture, although fun, shouldn't be taken seriously, however the idea of a multiverse or parellel universes is consistent with quantum physics. Just as an fyi, when I referenced Donnie Darko to the Mandela Effect it wasn't in regard to the semantical word plays but the deeper idea of the latter, which is much more interesting...

I don't remember Donnie Darko well enough to engage in the conversation.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, he tried to show it wasn't just possible in Germany, China, or Russia; that it was very possible here as well. 

The idea of not daring to oppose the regime in charge is the part in Smash's post I was thinking of in my response. 

But also being controlled through words...a la Mass Media...5 major corporations owning over 90% of the world today. Orwell > Kreskin

37 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Satan lives in Antactica and has been controlling the world from there, obviously...

As a species, our proclivity towards, and subsequently enjoyment of collective mythology, explains a lot of religious thought, but also probably explains a lot of conspiracy thinking as well.  The book Sapiens is great in this regard.

Archived