The "2 Deep" Defense on my All Time Jets Team

Sarge4Tide

Only counting players I saw play personally (live or on TV).....4 DL and 4 LB included

DE - Mark Gastineau / John Abraham

DT - Joe Klecko / Jason Ferguson 

DT - Marty Lyons / Leo Williams 

DE - Shaun Ellis / Mo Wilkerson 

OLB - Lance Mehl / Bryan Thomas 

ILB - Kyle Clifton / Jonathan Villa 

ILB  - Marvin Jones / David Harris

OLB - Mo Lewis / Calvin Pace

CB - Darrelle Revis / Bobby Jackson 

S - Victor Green  / Burgess Owens

S - Erik McMillion / Kerry Rhodes 

CB - Aaon Glenn / James Hasty 

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Only counting players I saw play personally (live or on TV).....4 DL and 4 LB included

DE - Mark Gastineau / John Abraham

DT - Joe Klecko / Jason Ferguson 

DT - Marty Lyons / Leo Williams 

DE - Shaun Ellis / Mo Wilkerson 

OLB - Lance Mehl / Bryan Thomas 

ILB - Kyle Clifton / Jonathan Villa 

ILB  - Marvin Jones / David Harris

OLB - Mo Lewis / Calvin Pace

CB - Darrelle Revis / Bobby Jackson 

S - Victor Green  / Burgess Owens

S - Erik McMillion / Kerry Rhodes 

CB - Aaon Glenn / James Hasty 

Kris Jenkins?  I didn't see Klecko or Lyons play, but Leonard Williams and Jason Ferguson couldn't hold Jenkins's jock.

Kris Jenkins, Gastineau and Klecko were really unstoppable.   That really was the way Jets football should be played.  

Bryan Cox might have been better than Williams.

This was a great effort and list, but it is easy to see how the Jets have not been to the Super Bowl in almost 50 years.  

Kris Jenkins was dominant but for only about half a season, he can't be on any all time team w/ such a limited amount of good play.

James Hasty was head and shoulders better than Aaron Glenn.  Glenn was a solid corner but is so overrated by Jet fans. Glenn would have been a perfect 2nd corner b/c he could never keep up w/ the top WRs on opposing teams.

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Kris Jenkins was dominant but for only about half a season, he can't be on any all time team w/ such a limited amount of good play.

James Hasty was head and shoulders better than Aaron Glenn.  Glenn was a solid corner but is so overrated by Jet fans. Glenn would have been a perfect 2nd corner b/c he could never keep up w/ the top WRs on opposing teams.

didn't glenn give up the spike game td?  glenn was a good corner, no mistake.  hasty had that hissy fit and left for kc.

21 hours ago, varjet said:

Kris Jenkins, Gastineau and Klecko were really unstoppable.   That really was the way Jets football should be played.  

Bryan Cox might have been better than Williams.

This was a great effort and list, but it is easy to see how the Jets have not been to the Super Bowl in almost 50 years.  

disliked cox as a doltfin but the guy showed how much heart he had when he played for the jets.  

10 hours ago, rangerous said:

didn't glenn give up the spike game td?  glenn was a good corner, no mistake.  hasty had that hissy fit and left for kc.

yes he did but he was a rookie so I'll give him a pass on that.  the whole D was fooled. I always remember Glenn being matched up w/ top WRs and getting destroyed. In particular I remember when he matched up w/ Cris Carter in 1997 and Carter just humiliated him and the game he got hurt in 1998 vs. Seattle Joey Galloway just abused him. he had 2 deep balls against him then Glenn got hurt, he missed the rest of the reg season and came back in the playoffs as a part time player but we didn't miss him at all as Mickens stepped in and did everything Glenn could do and more during that run. 

He was a good corner but he gets really overrated by Jet fans b/c he made a couple of pro bowls and had some KR TDs.  He was never great, he was never Revis like or even as good as Hasty. I remember Hasty doing really well against Andre Reed all the time(after his first few years as a young corner) and Reed was as good as it gets in the AFC in those days.

10 hours ago, rangerous said:

disliked cox as a doltfin but the guy showed how much heart he had when he played for the jets.  

I hated that guy when he was a dolphin but I loved him as a Jet.

Archived