ESPN Denver Radio: Vikings in drivers seat for Cousins

bitonti

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all over the news today. Rapsheet just dropping bombs about both sides willing and wanting to make it work. At this point, only the most disillusion of Jets fans still think we can compete with what Minny has on the table. Defense. Running game. Those things called Wide Receivers. Coaches. big breasted hairy Viking broads... we're not even in the game.  

So now what, can we finally get back to Mayfield vs trading up for Rosen?

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's all over the news today. Rapsheet just dropping bombs about both sides willing and wanting to make it work. At this point, only the most disillusion of Jets fans still think we can compete with what Minny has on the table. Defense. Running game. Those things called Wide Receivers. Coaches. big breasted hairy Viking B*tches. 

Yep. This is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's all over the news today. Rapsheet just dropping bombs about both sides willing and wanting to make it work. At this point, only the most disillusion of Jets fans still think we can compete with what Minny has on the table. Defense. Running game. Those things called Wide Receivers. Coaches. big breasted hairy Viking broads... we're not even in the game.  

Minnesota has a beast WR corps Diggs,Theilman with a decent TE in Rudolph Jets cant match that. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Minnesota has a beast WR corps Diggs,Theilman with a decent TE in Rudolph Jets cant match that. 

Also, this guy, you might have heard of him, we passed on him for another safety - Dalvin Cook. 

And an Oline.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Plan B is trade up/draft Rosen/Darnold.

Plan C is draft Allen/Mayfield at 6 because the chances of the other guys falling is slim to none.  

Barring something drastic I'd expect Jets fans to get very resigned to the idea of Allen or Mayfield being the pick.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Plan C is Allen/Mayfield.  

Barring something drastic I'd expect Jets fans to get very resigned to the idea of Allen or Mayfield being the pick.

I dunno why Mayfield will be a tough sell. What's the real risk here? Our last few first round picks haven't moved the earth beneath our feet. Is this really that high risk? 

What's the state of mind in ol' jet town at the moment? As much as i've been a total Dick about Cousins, I still want him to be an option. I can't fathom a future where we don't have him OR any of the top 3 QBs... I might finally get out my rope and stool. 

Just now, Paradis said:

I dunno why Mayfield will be a tough sell. What's the real risk here? Our last few first round picks haven't moved the earth beneath our feet. Is this really that high risk? 

What's the state of mind in ol' jet town at the moment? As much as i've been a total Dick about Cousins, I still want him to be an option. I can't fathom a future where we don't have him OR any of the top 3 QBs... I might finally get out my rope and stool. 

I want Mayfield

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Plan C is draft Allen/Mayfield at 6 because the chances of the other guys falling is slim to none.  

Jesus. Our off season is gonna be Josh Allen and Tavon Austin isn’t it.  I can’t do it. I can’t. 

Screw it, just offer Kirk $35-40m next year. Or whatever it takes, just blow the Vikings out of the water with a deal Cousins can not refuse.

If that doesn't work, just offer Cleveland whatever they want and take Darnold at 1.

Kirk or Sam. Just do it. I'm tired of waiting. I don't care about salary cap hits or draft picks anymore. I just want a shiny new franchise quarterback named Cousins or Darnold. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's not a tough sell for the fan base.  It's tough for mccagnan to accept that his job will depend on him.  

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

http://1043thefan.com/166526/lammey-broncos-vikings-cousins/

The Broncos are reportedly 'riding shotgun' for Cousin's services 

Continuing the metaphor, where do we all think are the Jets sitting? 

We are sitting in the seat we were before two shock jocks got a hold of a real new story and twisted into their own nonsense and you decided it was newsworthy

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Forget about Minkah.  Mccagnan will be laughed out of town if he heads into the draft with Bradford and mccown as his qb.  

He drafted two meh safeties after drafting a really bad ILB and Christian Hackenberg and the owner gave him an extension. 

2 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Wonder what Denver is thinking if they are out of the race too. It means they are at #5 looking for a QB.

Mac has to be on the blower to the Browns and Indy to get a price on a move up.

Denver is in a bad place because they tried to fire their sh*tty coach and backed away from it. I can see Elway playing the long game and pushing his chips toward 2019 when he can get a better coach and quarterback. Why burn a year of Cousins’ giant deal on a coach you’re gonna whack?

Cousins to MN would leave the following teams interested in trading up.  Jets, Denver, Miami , Arizona and buffalo.  At least these are the teams rumoured to be in QB chase, and I can see the chargers and maybe even the Bengals with some interest.   It will be expensive to move up.

12 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Wonder what Denver is thinking if they are out of the race too. It means they are at #5 looking for a QB.

Mac has to be on the blower to the Browns and Indy to get a price on a move up.

Why???  Denver Will Definitely draft Rosen if he's there... I don't see them going after Mayfield, to me, for Elway it's Rosen or Darnold no one else after that... at least for his #1 pick...  that will leave Mayfield for us...  which would Be PERFECT.

Blah Blah Blah, some bobo in Denver making conclusions without any more facts then any of us have

1. we dont know if the Vikings want Cousins

2. we dont know if the Vikings are willing to spend money Cousins

3. we dont know if he wants to go live in Minn vs NY (currently in DC)

etc... there are so many factors...

esp funny how all the chicken little jets fans are jumping on this...yawn

18 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Stay @ 6 Draft Mayfield and continue drafting the BPA for their respective positions of need the rest of the way.

I kind of agree, but the thing I'm most disappointed about is the 2 holes we would have filled if we got Cousins in free agency. 

Nelson, Chubb, or Barkley would have been nice to have.  Now we have to settle for second rounders to fill those slots. 

Let's face it, Cousins is a mid-westerner and he wants to go back to what's familiar to him.

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Not the worst news. There will be 3 other decent QB hitting the FA if Cousins goes to Minny. 

When you say “3 other decent QBs,” are you referring to Bridgewater - a guy who was a bottom 10 QB when he was healthy, Bradford - a guy that was cleared to play this year but due to inflammation in his knees, went on IR and has had three different teams bail on him, and Keenum- a one hit wonder?  

NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE A VIABLE OPTION FOR THE JETS.  There is a zero success rate if any of these guys come here.  

Archived