If Cousins is gone who do you want as a FA QB ?

Thai Jet

Someone who at least has a little upside - like a 10%+ chance to be very good for 2 years.

Keenum seems to fit that bill.  Maybe Teddy.  I'm not even too concerned about injury risk because if we draft a guy at 6 and the vet we bring in gets hurt mid-season, we'll get to see the rookie play.  For example, if we draft Rosen and we sign Teddy, would anyone not expect Rosen to be able to come in week 9 and start playing good football?  

6 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I personally would love nothing more providing we get a top QB in the draft. IMHO Jackson would not qualify. NFL was thinking of having the draft BEFORE FA. That would help us out this year.

Sign a one year bridge QB.  McCown is the only one that will come here on a one year mid level deal.  

Keenem, Bradford, and McCarron are going to expect to get paid with a reasonable chance to be a multi year starter.

Im tired of being a 5 win team.  No other FA QB is better than that.

32 minutes ago, rangerous said:

mccarron or bridgewater and then draft a top prospect at 6.  and if the right prospect isn't there then go for falk, lauletta or rudolph in the mid rounds. and if the top prospect isn't there then maybe go for barkley who will be the best piece to add for a run game. 

I could live with either McCarron or Bridgewater for the right $$ amount. I would then draft Lauletta in the 2nd. ( Falks hands are too small)

26 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Keenum plus pick a QB at 6. Double down on QB then get the best offensive player available. Preferably OL and a playmakers. 

I'd have no issue overpaying for Keenum on a one year deal if we draft a QB at 6. We can always franchise him if he becomes the next Rich Gannon.

McCarron should be our guy. We need someone who's not polish enough that our rookie QB can beat out when he finally get a grasp of the playbook and NFL entirely. Similar to Mike Glennon and his Bears situation last season. Guys like Bradford, McClown, Teddy would obviously give them (rookie QB) no shot unless MGMT did then grimy. Therefore get a guy like McCarron and mid-way pull the plug on him unless he magically impresses us.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Keenum plus pick a QB at 6. Double down on QB then get the best offensive player available. Preferably OL and a playmakers. 

We'd likely have to spend about $22M per on Keenum.  Signing him likely means we don't draft a QB in the first.  Which makes him among the worst options.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh man, forgot about Brees, because I just assumed there's no way New Orleans allows him to hit the open market.  Still highly doubt he walks, but that's juicy.  

Don't deny me the dream brother. Anything is possible on the Jetnation boards!!! lol

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Double down the way the Bears did last year. Sign a young vet with upside like Mccarron or Bridgewater, and draft a QB early. 

The concept makes sense, but I obviously hope we don't end up with a duo the caliber of Trubisky and Glennon.  And the Bears gave up the 67th and 111th pick of that draft, PLUS a 2018 3rd rounder, for the privilege of moving up 1 slot to get Trubisky. 

Yikes.  Hopefully, for their sake, Trubisky works out in the long run.  

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

IMO it's Bridgewater and a draft pick.

We can't put all of our eggs in one basket and that is true even if sign Cousins.....

One need only see how important a two tier QB possibility is in today's NFL; just think Eagles and Vikings here.....

I think that's a great Plan B for when we don't get Cousins. As I mentioned earlier I'd take McCarron or Bridgewater. Depends on the Benjamin's they'd want. 

Archived