Combine Results Thread

HawkeyeJet

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

GET US THIS MAN!!! or Mayfield. Just get it done, stop f'n around Mac. 

If the Jets don't land Cousins and end up signing a JAG / Hold The Fort kind of QB (Keenum, McCown, Dalton, etc.) then there's no doubt in my mind that they will find a way to land one of these 4 (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield).  And, dangerous to say this, but I don't think Mayfield spending a year behind McCown would be a bad thing.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Barkley had more bench reps than Joe Thomas

faster 20 shuttle than Desean Jackson

faster 40 than Devin Hester

higher vertical than Julio Jones

When that translates to superior NFL play then maybe it will mean something... right now, not so much.

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Everyone and their grandmother wants Josh Rosen. Bills, Broncos publicly adore him. Browns could still take him.(suprise, they probably will.) Giants. 

If the Jets really love him...trade up today..trade up tomorrow...but TRADE UP SOON.

I Hope they do sans the Jets... NO TRADE UP... I Still Want Mayfield First.  

Last week, Alan Lazard was so slow he going to have to switch to TE. He just ran a 4.55/40. At the Senior Bowl, DJ Chark was going to be a “nice possession guy” and he just ran in the mid-4.3’s. Draft media is the dumbest of all media. Chubby shut-ins who spend ten months of the year slinging trash, then spend the other two months deleting their tweets and rapid-fire replacing them with Mike Mayock paraphrases.

Mayfield looked very good and much like when watson went to the combine and looked good vs the other QBs  I am softening my don;t draft stance of baker mayfield.

I still have him as the 3rd qb on my list but he has moved ahead of the other guys below darnold and rosen for me.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mayfield looked very good and much like when watson went to the combine and looked good vs the other QBs  I am softening my don;t draft stance of baker mayfield.

I still have him as the 3rd qb on my list but he has moved ahead of the other guys below darnold and rosen for me.

I agree on Mayfield.  I missed the first group of QBs, but thought Rosen and Mayfield really set themselves apart from the rest of their group.

35 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I don't see that but that will be settled in about 3-4yrs :)

I'm a huge Mayfield fan but I could have told you Rosen is the best of the bunch. He loses points for not winning enough, questionable leadership, and injury history IMO. I'd be happy with any of these guys in the end.

20 hours ago, Pcola said:

Does Mayfield saying he has no plans of being a back up kind of hurt his chances of getting drafted by either NY team?  Surely, the NYGs are still Eli’s team and we all know how Bowles feels about QBs under 30,

You want your guy to have that spark.  Won't work against him.

I'm not going to lie, Josh Allen has looked like a high #1 pick from the
Potato Bowl to the Senior Bowl to the Combine.  But I'm still petrified
of the Jets taking him because of his performance in the regular season.
And that's too bad because if he could be trusted we would be in a sweet
spot at #6 with four QB's (Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold & Allen) all
on the same level

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Rosen is clearly the top qb

big gap

darnold

allen

mayfield

Honestly, they all looked really good.. Allen is a freak. Rosen is solid. Mayfield is very accurate and a competitor. Darnold didn't perform but he's a clutch play maker. 

My preference is Darnold.... Allen.... Rosen.... Mayfield but I'd be more than happy with either assuming we don't land cousins.

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

I'm not going to lie, Josh Allen has looked like a high #1 pick from the
Potato Bowl to the Senior Bowl to the Combine.  But I'm still petrified
of the Jets taking him because of his performance in the regular season.
And that's too bad because if he could be trusted we would be in a sweet
spot at #6 with four QB's (Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold & Allen) all
on the same level

Paxton Lynch 2018?? 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Paxton Lynch 2018?? 

Sam Darnold: Mark Sanchez 2018

Josh Rosen: Jay Cutler 2018

Baker Mayfield: Johnny manziel 2018

See how that works when you have a built in bias towards a type of player?

These are 4 great prospects. You can find flaws in any of them. I'll take my chances with any of them if we don't get cousins.

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Honestly, they all looked really good.. Allen is a freak. Rosen is solid. Mayfield is very accurate and a competitor. Darnold didn't perform but he's a clutch play maker. 

My preference is Darnold.... Allen.... Rosen.... Mayfield but I'd be more than happy with either assuming we don't land cousins.,

Statistics not withstanding,  I would love Allen, but would be very worried about drafting him.  Regardless, if the Jets drafted him I wouldn't kill them for it, I would just hope for the best.  This is all such a crapshoot.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Sam Darnold: Mark Sanchez 2018

Josh Rosen: Jay Cutler 2018

Baker Mayfield: Johnny manziel 2018

See how that works when you have a built in bias towards a type of player?

These are 4 great prospects. You can find flaws in any of them. I'll take my chances with any of them if we don't get cousins.

It was a question. Hence the two ??

16 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Statistics not withstanding,  I would love Allen, but would be very worried about drafting him.  Regardless, if the Jets drafted him I wouldn't kill them for it, I would just hope for the best.  This is all such a crapshoot.

The difference than the loser this guy has been compared to, Jamarcus Russell (Mayock says he hasn't seen an arm this strong since Russell), is that Allen is a good hardworking farm boy. He looked really good to me! 

Josh Allen., damn after watching his footage.... this guy is going to be special.

Darnold not wanting to throw?  Red flag

Rosen, looked good

Lamar Jackson, didn't see anything bad, apparently experts thought his performance was subpar.

Mayfield: placement was ok, not great

I don't think any of them are mortgage your future transcendental quarterback prospects. But I think you could win with any of the Top 5 ...including Jackson.  

Based on what I saw today, I think I'm more inclined to pay Cousins what he wants and go from there.  But, if Cousins goes elsewhere, I'd be happy to sit at 6 and take whichever QB is there 

40 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Josh Allen., damn after watching his footage.... this guy is going to be special.

Darnold not wanting to throw?  Red flag

Rosen, looked good

Lamar Jackson, didn't see anything bad, apparently experts thought his performance was subpar.

Mayfield: placement was ok, not great

Those red flags for not throwing really hurt Peyton, Luck, Stafford, etc.....lots of QBs would rather they control the throwing portion of the equation.  No flags have gone up 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Those red flags for not throwing really hurt Peyton, Luck, Stafford, etc.....lots of QBs would rather they control the throwing portion of the equation.  No flags have gone up 

Agreed.  No flags went up for not throwing at the combine.

The flags came up throwing during the season.

Archived