Combine Results Thread

HawkeyeJet

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still driving the Jaylen Samuels bandwagon.

Measures in at 5'11 225 and runs a 4.5 electronic 40. Outside of Barkley that may be the most impressive size - speed combo. And the kid is a football player, has outstanding tape. Perfect for a West coast system because he's equally adept running and receiving. Reminds me a bit of Anquan Boldin in body type and game. 

Keep an eye out in rd 3, he would be a steal for us.

39 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Have another go, only this time in English

Not sure what happened to my first response 

That doesn’t answer your asinine post. You’re saying a D2 player most have going around 20 is going to jump into the top 6 because he ran fast. 

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Surprisingly little actual combine results talk in here!

anyway

Marcus Davenport at 6-6 264 running a 4.58...add him to the top ten maybe even top 6 conversation 

I don’t care how fast he runs in a straight line. I need to know his cone drills and how quick he can bend corners. 

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Harold Landry

Boston College
6-2
1.59 10 yard split
6.88 3 cone
24 bench press
36 Vertical
9-11 Broad
32 7/8

Any thoughts?

Top 10 pick and should be in consideration at 6 depending on the QB situation.

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Well... nobody is gonna look good next to that guy.  

But I like Landry nonetheless.  I'd say he should be in the consideration for 6.  Agreed?

He absolutely should be. The likelihood the Jets will consider him there though is slim. Watt last year and Beasley in 2015 were both similar prospects and the Jets passed on both at 6.

But I like Landry nonetheless.  I'd say he should be in the consideration for 6.  Agreed?

Oh, hell yeah. I put Miller’s numbers up because they’re considered legendary, and Landry’s were relatively close. I had been reading some Landry hate on the draft boards, so these times were encouraging.

I like him, and you can never have too many pass rushers these days, but he's not a good scheme fit for a 3-4 defensive team.  

If we sign cousins or otherwise address the QB prior to the draft, I suppose it's not totally out of the question

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I like him, and you can never have too many pass rushers these days, but he's not a good scheme fit for a 3-4 defensive team.  

If we sign cousins or otherwise address the QB prior to the draft, I suppose it's not totally out of the question

I think he's projected as a 3-4 guy:

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh, hell yeah. I put Miller’s numbers up because they’re considered legendary, and Landry’s were relatively close. I had been reading some Landry hate on the draft boards, so these times were encouraging.

Ah!  Gotcha.  Yea I think I'm converted to Landry > Chubb right now.  Maybe that's putting too much into the combine but hey I'm an amateur.  

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He absolutely should be. The likelihood the Jets will consider him there though is slim. Watt last year and Beasley in 2015 were both similar prospects and the Jets passed on both at 6.

It was Leo Will over Beasley, right?  That's not terrible, although I'd rather have Beasley.  And Watt is good but really I was more upset about Adams over Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think he's projected as a 3-4 guy:

Ah!  Gotcha.  Yea I think I'm converted to Landry > Chubb right now.  Maybe that's putting too much into the combine but hey I'm an amateur.  

It was Leo Will over Beasley, right?  That's not terrible, although I'd rather have Beasley.  And Watt is good but really I was more upset about Adams over Mahomes.

I wouldn’t bail on Chubb just yet. The three cone was meh, but it’s not terminal for a guy with his size. If he was 230? That’d be gross.

Archived