Combine Results Thread

HawkeyeJet

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd only worry about some of these speeds if a guy blows the lights out fast (chris Johnston) or is turtle slow.  a 4.58 or even a 4.6 does not kill a player for me at RB.

I want to see a running back that feels selected/picked with purpose. Genuine "this is the guy, that we want cause we know that he can run the rock the way we want it ran, in our offense."

Say what you want about Shanny's offense being RB friendly, he picked guys he was knew would do well. Right from the Olandis Gary's to Mike Andersons, to Evan Royster. Functional capacity and skillset selection. 

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Surprising to me that Michel would be slower than Chubb.  Michel always looked like the guy who could outrun DBs; Chubb, not so much.  Seems like Chubb would get caught from behind a lot more than Michel.

He was the few times I watched their games.... Michel always seemed to run away from the pursuit. Chubb usually got caught after breaking into the secondary

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If nothing else, Iowa players will come into the league fundamentally ready to play as much as any program in the country.  Especially along the OL.

Want Daniels & we have the picks to get him. Trade back Macc if possible! Unless Barkley drops, that's highly unlikely but Macc is going for #3 in the 1st dropping, Leo & Adams and .......?

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Vontaze Burrfict had a similarly disastrous combine effort. Awful bench, awful 40, awful broad/long jump, told people he smoked weed...he fell in the draft and is still a very good NFL player. 

But it cost him a sh*t ton of money because of it....He could have actually been drafted, and made more money right from the start, rather than going undrafted and having to start from basically nothing.

For comparison's sake, Elijah McGuire ran a 4.53 40 yard dash. He also ran a 4.56 20 yard shuffle (best time @combine), 11.78 60 yard dash (3rd place) and don't know the time but came in 5th in the 3 cone drill. 

Will be interesting to see how the other RB's stack up to these numbers as I didn't seem that McGuire was that fast on the field this year. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Surprising to me that Michel would be slower than Chubb.  Michel always looked like the guy who could outrun DBs; Chubb, not so much.  Seems like Chubb would get caught from behind a lot more than Michel.

Yeah that shocked me

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Kind of a one dimensional power back who pales in comparison to other recent Bama RBs.

15 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

40” vertical too

LaGarrette Blount has won twelve Super Bowls, though. He’s just a dude I’d like to put on the team, I guess.

NFL media heads getting up in their vapors about Casserly saying Lamar Jackson should be a receiver and Lamar just said that not one team has asked him to work out as anything other than QB. Sports journalism is really the lowest rung of the profession, man.

Just now, T0mShane said:

NFL media heads getting up in their vapors about Casserly saying Lamar Jackson should be a receiver and Lamar just said that not one team has asked him to work out as anything other than QB. Sports journalism is really the lowest rung of the profession, man.

maybe he said that so mccagnan wouldn't take him.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know why this made me laugh, but Rosen sounds like he’s throwing shade on Josh Allen.

this is mccags guy.  i think he trades up with indy to get him if he's there.  darnold seems unlikely to be available at 3, josh allen is way too much of a risk for mccags, he will lose his job if he drafts him.  

if no cousins, and no rosen at 3, i see 50/50 mayfield/nelson.  jetnation will cringe if they pass on mayfield at 6 to take a guard.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

this is mccags guy.  i think he trades up with indy to get him if he's there.  darnold seems unlikely to be available at 3, josh allen is way too much of a risk for mccags, he will lose his job if he drafts him.  

if no cousins, and no rosen at 3, i see 50/50 mayfield/nelson.  jetnation will cringe if they pass on mayfield at 6 to take a guard.

I think Rosen is a Giant as long as he doesn’t do some wild sh*t in his interview with them. The dude will be a megastar there. I’d put the odds of Maccagnan drafting a QB in the first round at about 12%. It’ll be a DB or something.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think Rosen is a Giant as long as he doesn’t do some wild sh*t in his interview with them. The dude will be a megastar there. I’d put the odds of Maccagnan drafting a QB in the first round at about 12%. It’ll be a DB or something.

i'm not so sure.  i think the giants could go with barkley or allen.  not sure how rosen would mesh with eli.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i'm not so sure.  i think the giants could go with barkley or allen.  not sure how rosen would mesh with eli.

Eli is a dead man walking and they know it—Eli knows it— but they’re gonna let him leave on his own terms, kinda. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

jackson reportedly HAS been asked to tryout as a WR by several teams.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762306-lamar-jackson-reportedly-asked-to-work-out-as-wr-by-multiple-teams

Lamar Jackson Reportedly Asked to Work Out as WR by Multiple Teams

ALEC NATHANMARCH 2, 2018

LEXINGTON, KY - NOVEMBER 25:  Lamar Jackson #8 of the Louisville Cardinals runs with the ball against the Kentucky Wildcats during the game at Commonwealth Stadium on November 25, 2017 in Lexington, Kentucky.  (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
Andy Lyons/Getty Images

Lamar Jackson emerged as one of the most electric quarterbacks in the country at Louisville, but a handful of NFL teams are reportedly interested in what he can offer as a pass-catcher. 

According to Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager, "multiple NFL teams" have requested that Jackson work out as a wide receiver as well as a quarterback. 

However, Jackson said he won't work out as a wide receiver and that no team has asked him to do so, per Jeff Legwold of ESPN.

Wide receivers drills are on Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Quarterbacks are scheduled to hit the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium the same day. 

crop_exact_901064444.jpg?h=344&q=90&w=61
Lamar Jackson Is the NFL Draft's Most Polarizing QB Prospect

The 2016 Heisman Trophy winner previously said he found chatter of a potential positional switch frustrating. 

"It is annoying because quarterback is all I played all my life," he told ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson. "People look at my legs and they see I can make big plays, but they don't really see my arm, and I make big plays with my arm. I scored more touchdowns with my arm than my legs so..."

Jackson, 21, threw for 9,043 yards and 69 touchdowns in three seasons at Louisville. He also rushed for 4,132 yards and 50 scores. He did not catch any passes. 

"Yeah, I'm not much on that," Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said of moving Jackson to receiver, per NFL.com's Dan Parr. "I want to bring him in. Let's exhaust that other thing that we know he's good at and see. I'm just saying in general. This is a general statement: Let's get him in and let him wing it a little bit and see how he does. We'll be able to fit some things in there, I'm sure."

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller has Jackson ranked as his No. 5 quarterback behind Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield. 

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Manish's bat signal just went on. 

bat-signal.jpg

Archived