Jet Rumors (Tony Pauline)

KRL

Resign a guy like McCown and draft Mayfield st 6......sign me up. McCown is a pure stop gap. We’d end up seeing Mayfield by game 4 

Bradford on the other hand?He’s gonna want 15+ million a year and want to start. TB and Mac would leave him as the starter all season just because of his contract. 

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agreed. I think anywhere from half a season, to a season is the expectation. Get as many wins as you can with him, until rookie is ready and Bradford gets hurt again.

he'll get hurt/injured again BEFORE a rookie is ready  :unsure:

cheers ~ ~ 

:wine:

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Here we go again fans jumping on the proven NFL loser QB bandwagon!!!!!!!  

As if it weren't enough with Ryan Fitzpatrick 2 seasons and Josh McCown last season. 

Year 4 Macc and Bowles and team still lacks a decent NFL QB. 

Enough with the stop gap, fill in, mentors!!!!!!!!!

So what's your plan? We are NOT getting Cousins. Sign Bradford? Glennon ?  If we draft the right QB with McCown tutoring him we'll be set.

McCown may cost as much as Bradford for 2018 but he wouldn't require a multi year contract.  I do agree with most of you that if you do bring in a veteran the Jets need to make a move up to grab the QB of the future.  If they fail to do that this year it'll be the last year of the Macc/Bowles era.  They need to be aggressive and not get outbid with draft picks.  They have enough cap space over the next few years to supplement the loss of picks with free agents.

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

I guess I can live with Bradford on a very cheap deal if we go QB at the top of the draft. Remember, the Bears signed Glennon last year and still traded up for Trubisky. 

Fully agreed!  Then again, if we want a vet starter, is Bradford really the best guy?  He's certainly more talented than McCown but Bradford is incredibly injury prone.  Of course,  I think McCown was too until last year where he remained mostly healthy.  The "vet QB" options are not very exciting in general though (other than Cousins, who will cost us a fortune and probably prevent us from drafting a QB).  

21 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Actually I could easily live with McCown and a rookie QB for him to mentor. He's tough and you can't argue with his completion %.

McCown is also a very likable guy (and played about as well as he could for us) but ideally I'd rather he become a coach in some capacity (QB coach maybe?)  I could definitely live with him as the vet QB to hold the fort until a rookie we draft takes over.  I get the feeling though that GMs don't really trust these QBs (maybe other than Darnold).

27 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Resign a guy like McCown and draft Mayfield st 6......sign me up. McCown is a pure stop gap. We’d end up seeing Mayfield by game 4 

Bradford on the other hand?He’s gonna want 15+ million a year and want to start. TB and Mac would leave him as the starter all season just because of his contract. 

While I agree with bolded I don't agree that if drafted Mayfield will be on the field by game 4. Not as long as Bowles is the HC.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This seems like a good thread for this Jets mention in combine article over at RealGM 

--Kirk Cousins to Minnesota is a very popular take, and that includes folks from both Minnesota and Washington (his old team). In more than 20 conversations I’ve had with people about Cousins over the last couple of weeks, not one person with legit NFL or Cousins connections has ever brought up the New York Jets. Denver, Arizona and Cleveland (as a non-starter) are the others that get mentioned.

https://football.realgm.com/analysis/3036/Nfl-Scouting-Combine-Notebook-Friday

Cannot believe that drafting Darron Lee and two safeties and then firing the offensive coordinator who wanted to make the Jets offense more like the Saints hasn’t had the effect of making the Jets a desirable landing spot for top QBs.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Cannot believe that drafting Darron Lee and two safeties and then firing the offensive coordinator who wanted to make the Jets offense more like the Saints hasn’t had the effect of making the Jets a desirable landing spot for top QBs.

What about drafting ghoston/coples/Wilson/Wilkerson/Sheldon/milliner in the first round - that's helped, right?

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Minnesota is one of the highest tax states in the country. Ariz and Colorado are pretty good. NJ sucks.

That's a good point. It's not what you make it's what you keep.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The minute Sam Bradford's knee blows up like a balloon and number two qb Luke Falk jogs onto the field is the minute Macaaggananan can start packing his bags.

He has to know this, doesn't he?

He will NOT be packing his bags ! They'll hang him before he gets the chance. lol

32 minutes ago, choon328 said:

McCown may cost as much as Bradford for 2018 but he wouldn't require a multi year contract.  I do agree with most of you that if you do bring in a veteran the Jets need to make a move up to grab the QB of the future.  If they fail to do that this year it'll be the last year of the Macc/Bowles era.  They need to be aggressive and not get outbid with draft picks.  They have enough cap space over the next few years to supplement the loss of picks with free agents.

Maybe Mac is playing it cool so he doesn't get taken out to the woodshed because of how desperate he is/we are. Then again, it's pretty obvious. 

1 minute ago, Dinamite said:

The jets will be linked with Cousins because they will be used as leverage.  Without the jets driving up the price, vikes and Denver can pay less.

That's the SOP during free agency. We've been used lots.

22 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

The jets will be linked with Cousins because they will be used as leverage.  Without the jets driving up the price, vikes and Denver can pay less.

Win win. Make the Donkeys pay an arm and a leg

1 hour ago, kelly said:

he'll get hurt/injured again BEFORE a rookie is ready  :unsure:

cheers ~ ~ 

:wine:

Him getting hurt will be a nice non-ego bruising way to start the rookie over Bradford.

Sign glass knees and draft one of: rosen, darnold, mayfield, lauletta

48 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That's the SOP during free agency. We've been used lots.

Agreed. I’d like to have the GM be smart enough to realize they’re probably not landing Cousins.

Make your best offer early and just leave it in the table if you have to...but I think the focus should be on isolating the guy they like as the #2 QB in the FA class (Bridgewater for me) and aggressively pursuing him early while the other guys are fawning over Cousins. Show someone realistic he’s your guy and get it done.

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Him getting hurt will be a nice non-ego bruising way to start the rookie over Bradford.

Sign glass knees and draft one of: rosen, darnold, mayfield, lauletta

On any other team he’s get hurt in the first few weeks. On the Jets?  He’d have a “career” year get us to 8-8 and damn us to another 5 years of mediocrity. 

Don’t you know how this works with the Jets yet?

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

On any other team he’s get hurt in the first few weeks. On the Jets?  He’d have a “career” year get us to 8-8 and damn us to another 5 years of mediocrity. 

"..Don’t you know how this works with the Jets yet? "... i'm painfully aware - tumblr_mwrg9pMLhs1ru5zjgo1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

So true. Im too optimistic at times. 

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Minnesota is one of the highest tax states in the country. Ariz and Colorado are pretty good. NJ sucks.

ok but a mansion in Minnesota is like 500k the same mansion in NJ is like 3 million. overall cost of living etc 

I don't know what people are all upset about. Don't you haters realize we got the best player in the entire draft 2 of the last 3 seasons and we have yet another #6 overall pick? I mean we have a safety tandem that'll be the league's best for the next decade, and I hear safeties are more important than ever before.

Nothing to worry about here.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

other teams have Von Miller or Joe Thomas begging you to come. the Jets have Jamal Adams declaring himself the best safety of all time  

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

other teams have Von Miller or Joe Thomas begging you to come. the Jets have Jamal Adams declaring himself the best safety of all time  

Jamal is recruiting the honey badger what more can you ask of a guy

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

It's more likely that the agents are using the Vikings and Broncos to drive up the price on the Jets knowing that the biggest 1st year money can and will only come from the Jets.  Cousins can say what he wants but his agents will push him hard if the Jets are offering $20+ million more cash in the first year.  It'll be hard for him to turn that down.

Archived