Who’s running the mock draft this year?

New York Mick

We want to give free agency a couple of weeks to play out before we get started -- would be really nice to know where Kirk Cousins is going before we start this thing -- probably last week in March.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

The guy who hit both Fournette in the first and Cam Robinson in the 2nd to the Jags and it actually happened in real life but because of some ridiculously stupid scoring formula @Lith created, he didnt win...is in.

And now, you can be absolutely certain that you won't win this year either.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The guy who hit both Fournette in the first and Cam Robinson in the 2nd to the Jags and it actually happened in real life but because of some ridiculously stupid scoring formula @Lith created, he didnt win...is in.

you're going to give yourself a bruise if you pat your own back any harder. Fournette to JAX was totally out of leftfield

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

you're going to give yourself a bruise if you pat your own back any harder. Fournette to JAX was totally out of leftfield

It's more about Cam in the 2nd and the fact I was the only one to get 2 names right and right down the exact slot but whatever.  I'm not bitter or anything. 

I am going to open up a thread to begin to pick teams.  Beginning today, only those who participated last year can select 1 team.  Next Monday, we will open it up for new GMs.  Once we know how many folks we have, we will see if anyone needs to take a second team.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am going to open up a thread to begin to pick teams.  Beginning today, only those who participated last year can select 1 team.  Next Monday, we will open it up for new GMs.  Once we know how many folks we have, we will see if anyone needs to take a second team.

so far we have 8 returners:  @Dcat, @NYJetsVets91, @Lith, @JiF, @New York Mick, @Paradis, @Matt39, @Beerfish

we have new 4 GMs who weren't in it last year: @IndianaJet, @#27TheDominator, @Stark, @Thai Jet.

That makes 12. 

Here are 10 others from last year who need to reply if they want to participate again:

@heymangold, @Integrity28, @j4jets, @King P, @Lil Woody, @Lupz27, @PepPep, @Sarge4Tide, @section314, and last but NEVER least, @T0mShane.

I have excluded anyone who abandoned us in the middle of last year's mock without warning. 

10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Can we trade players?? Say I wanted to trade Tyrod or is it just picks?

I believe we are just trading picks - @Dcat and/or @NYJetsVets91, it is just picks right?

FWIW I did a mock a few weeks ago that allowed trading players and it turned into a clusterf*ck.  Guys were trading players they didn't realize were free agents, others had no cap room to take on the players they acquired.  It was a mess.  I traded most of my late round picks to move up and just be done with the thing. 

6 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I've been in the one 3 and 4 years ago. If there's enough space it's time for me to make my return.

There is still room.  Four teams available.  Bengals, Redskins, Lions and Steelers.  Let us know who you want and youa re in.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I believe we are just trading picks - @Dcat and/or @NYJetsVets91, it is just picks right?

FWIW I did a mock a few weeks ago that allowed trading players and it turned into a clusterf*ck.  Guys were trading players they didn't realize were free agents, others had no cap room to take on the players they acquired.  It was a mess.  I traded most of my late round picks to move up and just be done with the thing. 

I think I did that last year to move up. 

Damn I wanted to trade Tyrod and a first to move up lol

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

I think I did that last year to move up. 

Damn I wanted to trade Tyrod and a first to move up lol

With 4 picks in the top 60, you still have plenty of ammo to move up,  And no picks after the 5th, so you should be the first one done anyway - no need to dump late round picks if the draft moves too slow.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

With 4 picks in the top 60, you still have plenty of ammo to move up,  And no picks after the 5th, so you should be the first one done anyway - no need to dump late round picks if the draft moves too slow.

I know that’s why I picked the bills ?

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

We've always rejected the idea of trading current players in the mocks.  I think we should continue that practice  because trading active players really requires some insight into the player's current contract status and salary cap implications.  We don't want to bring that into it because unrealistic trades would happen that could never occur in the NFL.

As you know, I am more inclined to allow teams to trade one future year pick for 1st and 2nd round move-ups.  We've never done that before but it would make things a little easier to move up in rounds 1 and 2.  Again, the fear is that wild and unrealistic trades would occur, which is why we have never gone down that road.  If everyone agreed to keep it reasonable and realistic, we really could allow the trading of one future pick.   

I was leaning that way early on after selecting the Jets, figuring it could give me more ammo to move up in round 1 if I want.  I'm just not sure we could pull it off realistically without some bozo making a crazy trade.  (That's why I would restrict it to just a single 2019 pick, if we do decide to change the rules in that regard.)

There.  I've said it publicly.  Let's see what others have to say.  As of now, we don't allow trading active players, which I think should remain the rule, and we don't allow the trading of future picks, which I would be willing to allow with strict restrictions. 

Archived