Report Claims Jets Have Spoken to Cousins Camp, Fear he’s Heading to Vikes

JetNation

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The hatred of Jamal Adams has to stop because its not even based on him, it's based on who else they could have taken.

And that's not fair to him and shows a complete lack of humanity. Which to some extent, coming from jets fans is not a surprise. I myself lose humanity here

If this is directed at me, I happen to like Jamal Adams as both a player and the person he presents.  

But one of my favorite Jet players growing up was Victor Green.  He was a UDFA.  I can't say I have hatred-what I do have, which is continuing to develop over time, is a lack of respect and contempt for the Jets' ownership and management.

And yes, Mahomes has not proven anything yet, but someone smart is making a big bet on him.  Let's see where the Jets end up.

But at this point I would rather take a player like Nelson 6th than Adams.  Nelson is actually projected to completely dominate his position.  Will Adams become as good a player as Landon Collins or Keanu Neal, each of whom was drafted substantially later than him?  that is the question.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, varjet said:

If this is directed at me, I happen to like Jamal Adams as both a player and the person he presents.  

But one of my favorite Jet players growing up was Victor Green.  He was a UDFA.  I can't say I have hatred-what I do have, which is continuing to develop over time, is a lack of respect and contempt for the Jets' ownership and management.

That's fine. I have very little respect for Woody which is why I give Macc an easier time than some do on here because at the end of the day the buck stops with the owner.

But it, and it's not necessarily you, needs to be separated and not being taken out on the player. 
All I care about is this. Is Jamal Adams a good player? PFF and other systems have said "Yes he is."

That's all I care about. I don't care about positional play, maybe except for QB. Is he a good player? Can he help my team?

And as for the QBs. NEITHER were predicted to go in the top 5. They were both behind Trubisky. So why, at the time, should I be upset if neither QB was thought to be great/slam dunk?

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

they were contenders, Rodgers or not.

Other than a few extra million dollars, what reason is there for Cousins to come here?

Lets make the comparison:

OL: Minnesota is significantly better

RB: Minnesota is way better

WR: Minnesota is much better

TE: Minnesota is much better.

Coaching: Hahahahahahahahahaha! Bowles is the clincher. No QB would ever want this idiot forcing an offense suited to 1962.  

Fans: Full house every Sunday, unlike here. Loyal fan base not likely to turn on him, unlike here.  No second team that gets all the positive attention like here.

I would question Cousins' sanity if he elected the Jets over the Vikings.  

You're kind of downplaying the one factor that just about every Pro cares about the most. Cousins isn't Tom Brady. There is a very real chance he will pick the team that offers him the most, especially since the Vikings cap situation may get tight in the next couple of years when their young studs start coming up for Free Agency.

I'm not overly confident, but I think the Jets are still in the running based solely on $$$$

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Jason La Canfora‏ Verified account @JasonLaCanfora

Hearing more and more about the Broncos and Case Keenum. The Cousins derby very likely to come down to Jets or Vikings

Jets totally owe Vikes revenge over stealing Antoine Winfield from them.  

7 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

This is what i have been saying.  They cant afford to sign Cousins and keep the team together.  Especially if its true Cousins is only looking for 3 year contract.  50 million in space this year, and 68 million next year.  They have Diggs, Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, and Floyd on the final year of their rookie contracts.  I dont know who is expendable, but what is Diggs going to command next year, Barr, Hunter?  68 million next minus 30 for Cousins, 12 for Diggs (low end), 10 for Barr ( low end - http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/22678/anthony-barr-could-be-highest-paid-at-his-position-in-2018-then-what), and Lets say 7 for Hunter (no idea what he'll get).  Thats 59 million there.  Add in this years draft pool of abot 5 million, they are at 64 million of the 68 Million.  Is Floyd going to walk or Kendricks, and are the part of the core for the Vikings Talent?

5 hours ago, Sully80 said:

This is how I feel, they're ruining his chances of getting the best deal possible if they've telegraphed Minnesota as the preferred destination to both the Broncos and Jets. Maybe their belief is that it will entice both teams to try and blow Minnesota away but I think they're overvaluing Cousins' talent, it would be a different story if this was a 29 year old Peyton Manning or Rodgers, but its not.

IMO, the best course of action is to establish what you are willing to pay, contact Cousins group and ask them to tell you what it is going to take for him to sign on with NY.  If their offer falls inline with what you are willing to pay, you pull the trigger.  The Jets have no negotating power in this situation.  

5 minutes ago, hawk said:

IMO, the best course of action is to establish what you are willing to pay, contact Cousins group and ask them to tell you what it is going to take for him to sign on with NY.  If their offer falls inline with what you are willing to pay, you pull the trigger.  The Jets have no negotating power in this situation.  

I doubt they give the Jets an offer, the negotiating power the Jets have is to not sign him to a historic deal, so I'd say they have plenty, it's pretty obvious the Vikings and Broncos can't match the Jets without dumping or planning to dump significant talent from their team

Edit: I also would imagine given the fan speculation and media frenzy the Cousins to Jets stuff has been Mac will go all out best offer with little room for negotiation the minute he calls Cousins' agent

either way let it at least play out these rumors are just bs at this point. If true then the Jets are doing the smart thing saying don't use us as leverage. I still would prefer the 25 yr Bridgwater draft a qb or even sign a back up and take the bpa do not trade up we need all the picks we have plus some to rebuild.

For those of you worried about his knee and it is a concern but Miami a 10 yrs ago had to choose between Culpepper and Breese and went with Dante because they were unsure of Breese's shoulder.  I get the concern I just feel we could fill more holes in the roster with the cap space versus Cousins. 

Can we at least let it play out before everyone says we suck and we will screw up the draft. I want to win but lets give them the draft and FA first

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bradford has played 16 games twice and is like a half a year older than cousins.

Thanks, now you made me look it up, and it is an interesting comparison, not sure if it makes me any more interested in Bradford or any less interested in Cousins but the stats are much closer than I expected, this could help my zen next week :)

Bradford drafted in 2010, Cousins drafted in 2012 (starter in 2015) so half a year older with more miles (84 more sacks, 791 more attempts, etc.)

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/sam-bradford-player-stats

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/kirk-cousins-player-stats

image.png

19 hours ago, hawk said:

This is what i have been saying.  They cant afford to sign Cousins and keep the team together.  Especially if its true Cousins is only looking for 3 year contract.  50 million in space this year, and 68 million next year.  They have Diggs, Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, and Floyd on the final year of their rookie contracts.  I dont know who is expendable, but what is Diggs going to command next year, Barr, Hunter?  68 million next minus 30 for Cousins, 12 for Diggs (low end), 10 for Barr ( low end - http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/22678/anthony-barr-could-be-highest-paid-at-his-position-in-2018-then-what), and Lets say 7 for Hunter (no idea what he'll get).  Thats 59 million there.  Add in this years draft pool of abot 5 million, they are at 64 million of the 68 Million.  Is Floyd going to walk or Kendricks, and are the part of the core for the Vikings Talent?

If this is true, what is jets play now? 

Rumor: Chris Cooley believes Vikings will offer Kirk Cousins 3 years, $91 million guaranteed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/vikings-rumors-chris-cooley-believes-minnesota-will-offer-kirk-cousins-3-years-91-million-guaranteed/amp/

On 3/5/2018 at 1:35 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Idk man.. a team that just played in the NFCCG....or the Jets?

The thing is if cousins doesn't at least win an nfc championship he is a bust because they were a game away from the Superbowl with CK. With the jets he would be hard pressed to not improve their record and be set for another big pay day. He doesn't have near the pressure with the jets.

Archived