BP: 18 reps

Vert: 31.5"

Broad: 120"

Derwin James: 6'3, 215

40: 4.47

BP: 21

Vert: 40"

Broad: 132"

We took Jamal at #6 last year. James is projected 10-15 this yr. Which player would you rather have?

Jamal Adams. BEcause he comes from a winning culture at LSU. And I like his off the field behavior. Derwin James was actually projected to go in the top ten before the combine.

This is NFL.coms scouting report of Jamal Adams. The key note about Jamal Adams and what sets him apar are highlighted.

Natural-born leader of men. Well-built. Will not hesitate for one second as a hitter. Steps downhill looking to punish running backs to set a tone for defense. Toggles between patient and urgent in treks to the ball. Plays off blockers. Approaches target with open arms and wide, balanced base to limit escape routes. Intelligent field general. Gets secondary aligned properly. Plays with plus balance in coverage. Pattern reader who can digest combinations. Alert for misdirection keys from offense. Party crasher on screen plays. Can handle coverage responsibilities against tight ends. Five interceptions and two recovered fumbles over last two seasons at LSU. Special-teams terror as freshman and sophomore, notching 21 tackles. No penalties in 2016. Father, George, was a first-round pick of the Giants in 1984.

19 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I would draft the Best "player"... I have never seen James play but whoever Is the Best "player" Is the one I would prefer... numbers are nice but they usually DON'T translate to playing ability.

If you did, there would be no question who the best "player" was.  It's not even close really.  I don't subscribe in drafting safeties high but James is one of those rare ones I could understand a team doing so.

28 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jamal Adams. BEcause he comes from a winning culture at LSU. And I like his off the field behavior. Derwin James was actually projected to go in the top ten before the combine.

Lol, FSU has a far better "winning culture" than LSU. 3 national titles, the last in 2013. Heck, James played in the national final 4 in his first season at fsu. His second season they won a BCS bowl. His last season they started preseason #3 before things went south when FSU lost its QB. LSU hasn't even sniffed the success of fsu the last 10 yrs. Your comment shows how truly ignorant most of the fans are on this board of cfb.

Just now, Pointdexter said:

Lol, FSU has a far better "winning culture" than LSU. 3 national titles, the last in 2013. Heck, James played in the national final 4 in his first season at fsu. His second season they won a BCS bowl. His last season they started preseason #3 before things went south when FSU lost its QB. LSU hasn't even sniffed the success of fsu the last 10 yrs. Your comment shows how truly ignorant most of the fans are on this board of cfb.

Read the scouting report. The reason why Jamal Adams was projected to go top ten were in there. 

LSU has 2 national titles to 1 for Florida State in recent years. 

25 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is NFL.coms scouting report of Jamal Adams. The key note about Jamal Adams and what sets him apar are highlighted.

Natural-born leader of men. Well-built. Will not hesitate for one second as a hitter. Steps downhill looking to punish running backs to set a tone for defense. Toggles between patient and urgent in treks to the ball. Plays off blockers. Approaches target with open arms and wide, balanced base to limit escape routes. Intelligent field general. Gets secondary aligned properly. Plays with plus balance in coverage. Pattern reader who can digest combinations. Alert for misdirection keys from offense. Party crasher on screen plays. Can handle coverage responsibilities against tight ends. Five interceptions and two recovered fumbles over last two seasons at LSU. Special-teams terror as freshman and sophomore, notching 21 tackles. No penalties in 2016. Father, George, was a first-round pick of the Giants in 1984.

If you read NFL.com's write up of James you will see them talk about him being the "alpha dog in any lockerroom he belongs to". Leadership is probably a wash, just James is the far better athlete.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Read the scouting report. The reason why Jamal Adams was projected to go top ten were in there. 

LSU has 2 national titles to 1 for Florida State in recent years. 

Lol, what do you consider recent years?

Just now, Pointdexter said:

If you read NFL.com's write up of James you will see them talk about him being the "alpha dog in any lockerroom he belongs to". Leadership is probably a wash, just James is the far better athlete.

Alpha Dog just means dominant male. That doesn't mean he's intelligent.

43 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Jamal Adams 6'0, 214

40: 4.56

We took Jamal at #6 last year. James is projected 10-15 this yr. Which player would you rather have?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Same thing with Roquan Smith v Darron Lee.

45 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Jamal Adams 6'0, 214

40: 4.56

I would rather have James in a combine competition.

Come on Jet fans. We have no idea how James is going to do in the NFL yet. We know Jamal just had a good season. NFL game day did a redraft and had Jamal going 4.  From all accounts, is going to work his ass off to be the best player he can be or die trying. Let it go. Jamal is a Jet for at least 3 more seasons. Why not root like hell that he is the best safety in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

LSU won in 2003 and 2007. FSU won in 93, 99, and 2013.

Since 2010 it's not even close when you compare BCS bowls, overall record, league championships, playoff appearances, etc. 

Do your homework. 

LSU wasn't good when Jamal Adams was there.  This isn't really debatable.

Forget James, there will and were guys in mid rounds that can do what Adams did for us last year.  If he does not add much better pass defense and if he does not create a lot of turnovers (neither of which he seemed to have any talent for).  He is a monumentally awful pick.  Run stopping box SS might very well be dead last in overall value to a team.

8 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Lol, what do you consider recent years?

Maybe this ******* millennium 

6 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

LSU won in 2003 and 2007. FSU won in 93, 99, and 2013.

Since 2010 it's not even close when you compare BCS bowls, overall record, league championships, playoff appearances, etc. 

Do your homework. 

You just did it for me

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Come on Jet fans. We have no idea how James is going to do in the NFL yet. We know Jamal just had a good season. NFL game day did a redraft and had Jamal going 4.  From all accounts, is going to work his ass off to be the best player he can be or die trying. Let it go. Jamal is a Jet for at least 3 more seasons. Why not root like hell that he is the best safety in the NFL.

You thought Jamal Adams was good last year?

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Forget James, there will and were guys in mid rounds that can do what Adams did for us last year.  If he does not add much better pass defense and if he does not create a lot of turnovers (neither of which he seemed to have any talent for).  He is a monumentally awful pick.  Run stopping box SS might very well be dead last in overall value to a team.

Maybe but it’s very telling that nobody outside of here seems to think so. 

Besides he can’t control where he’s picked sondont attack him. Attack the GM.

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Some Jets fans, believe it or not, are capable of holding more than one thought in their head at the same time.  Here are a few of mine, regard Jamal Adams.

1) Drafting a safety is a bad idea at 6.

2) Drafting a safety is a bad idea at 6 when you don't have a QB.

3) Due to his limited athleticism for the position, Jamal Adams will probably not be an impact player, further making him a bad pick at 6.

4) Jamal Adams was not an impact player in 2017.

5) Jamal Adams should really stop talking about super bowls and revolutionizing the position when he still hasn't registered his first INT and the Jets pass defense is dreadful.

6) I hope that his leadership has a positive impact on the team.

7) With the 6th pick in the draft, leadership isn't as important a quality as others that Adams is lacking.

8) I want Jamal Adams to do very well.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe but it’s very telling that nobody outside of here seems to think so. 

Besides he can’t control where he’s picked sondont attack him. Attack the GM.

Well we know more about him than anyone.  GASP!  Dumbasss fans!!!!  We as a fan base watch eery game, every snap, pay total attention to players and coaches, guys who call him a great stud have heard from someone he is good and watch 2 jet games a year.

Oh we are attacking the GM, don;t worry.  However if a guy is a spout he is going to be attacked as well.  Adams is a spout. 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean the whining has gotten to the point where it may suggest another ulterior motive. 

hes a Jet. Get the **** over it and go on with your lives

Lol, this is a Jets board where we talk all things Jets. If you don't like this particular topic I suggest you take your own advice, ignore the thread, get over it, and move on. No one's forcing you to discuss this.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Does PFF rate Kony Ealy as high a safety than Adams?  Because he had one more interception and one less passes defended.

PFF has him ranked as “above average” and only by 1.3 points.  For the vast majority of the season, he was “average.”  Is this a glowing endorsement of a low-value position taken with a high-value pick?  Said it from the beginning, Adams/Maye need to be elite, or that was a terrible draft.

Don't state the fact that James is projected in mocks to go 10-15 and not explain why. Now that the combine has past and teams have been able to review over his medical he is certainly a top 10 pick. I would say he's better or just as good as Adams without the leadership's intangibles. I wouldn't be surprise if the Browns got him at 4 as he certainly better then Fitzpatrick. Before the season all mock had James going top 3 but of course his medical was in question as he missed time and didn't look to be the same player we seen his Freshman year.

With all that said and done I missed the point. Where we suppose to wait a year and sit out and draft James? No, we still need a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Lol, this is a Jets board where we talk all things Jets. If you don't like this particular topic I suggest you take your own advice, ignore the thread, get over it, and move on. No one's forcing you to discuss this.

Where do I donate to this billboard fund?

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Don't state the fact that James is projected in mocks to go 10-15 and not explain why. Now that the combine has past and teams have been able to review over his medical he is certainly a top 10 pick. I would say he's better or just as good as Adams without the leadership's intangibles. I wouldn't be surprise if the Browns got him at 4 as he certainly better then Fitzpatrick. Before the season all mock had James going top 3 but of course his medical was in question as he missed time and didn't look to be the same player we seen his Freshman year.

With all that said and done I missed the point. Where we suppose to wait a year and sit out and draft James? No, we still need a QB. 

Deshaun watson/mahommes and derwin james or jamal adams and josh allen?   Hmmmmm

Archived