Allen Robinson

Ghost

Would love A-Rob, but unfortunately there's very little chance he comes here. For the simple reason we have no QB.

As much as I was hesitant to give Cousins such a huge contract, the one big pro to that would have been the ability to attract players here (especially receiver).

There's no way the Jets will be able to get A-Rob when he'd be be able to get just as much money from other teams who also have the money to sign him, plus already have a QB (Colts, 49ers, Bears).

As much as we hate it admit it, receivers will always factor in who's throwing them the ball when looking at what team to sign with. It sucks but it's the truth ??‍♂️

22 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Id rather have Paul Richardson.  Hes cheaper and Robinson isnt as good as his one year stats make him seem to be.

Are you insane?  Everything favors Robinson over Richardson.  Now I do like Richardson, but Allen has potentially elite talent well above Richardson.  And both have serious injury histories (ACLs).

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'd love to get AR-15 but unless we offer him a big deal he'll likely go to a team with a good QB on a 1 year deal so he can cash in the following year. Colts or 49ers make a lot of sense to me.

Then why not offer him a big deal? Create your out in two years or whatever and make him want to sign. I'd rather take my chances with him then some of these other guys. 

The Jet Take Retweeted

49ers, Bears, Redskins and Jets are among the teams that will make a strong push to sign WR Allen Robinson in free agency. He will have a strong market.

31 replies166 retweets378 likes

Please happen!!!!  Imagine adding Ryan Jensen, Cousins, Allen Robinson, Quenton Nelson, Sony Michel/Ronald Jones II, and another rookie CB with our other 2nd round pick???  Please!!!

1 minute ago, JetFanatic said:
 The Jet Take Retweeted

49ers, Bears, Redskins and Jets are among the teams that will make a strong push to sign WR Allen Robinson in free agency. He will have a strong market.

31 replies166 retweets378 likes

Please happen!!!!  Imagine adding Ryan Jensen, Cousins, Allen Robinson, Quenton Nelson, Sony Michel/Ronald Jones II, and another rookie CB with our other 2nd round pick???  Please!!!

Robinson should be the 1st guy we try to sign... then even if we don't get Cousins, our Rookie QB will have a solid receiving core to work with... then its on to Oline

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

But better than anything we currently have on the roster.

He's also better than anything the Jags have on their current roster and their legit Super Bowl contenders.

He's looking for a pay day that he's not worthy of, IMO.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Are you insane?  Everything favors Robinson over Richardson.  Now I do like Richardson, but Allen has potentially elite talent well above Richardson.  And both have serious injury histories (ACLs).

Everything favors Robinson?  What about the fact that Robinson will get $13-15 million per year while Richardson will get $8?

Robinson's the kind of receiver I think the Jets need. He's going to get overpaid but the Jets have cap space. Also very young for a FA - 25 I think - so possibly could be gotten on a shorter deal (i.e. 4 years) with the hope of getting paid again in his late 20's and motivation to actually succeed on this deal.

Whether or not Cousins goes elsewhere the Jets have a crapton of money to spend and a receiver should be pretty high on the list. Add a #1 type and the rest of the depth chart kind of falls into place there. I understand they both have their warts but I'll be disappointed if Maccagnan doesn't bring in Robinson or Watkins. Same kind of goes for the corner position with Johnson and Fuller.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Everything favors Robinson?  What about the fact that Robinson will get $13-15 million per year while Richardson will get $8?

well, everything except salary.  We have the dollars for him.

Just now, Dcat said:

well, everything except salary.  We have the dollars for him.

We do have the money for him and he wouldnt be a terrible signing to help a young QB given his size, but I just dont think spending that kind of $$$ on a WR is smart.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Then why not offer him a big deal? Create your out in two years or whatever and make him want to sign. I'd rather take my chances with him then some of these other guys. 

oo I agree I just don't know if here is the place he wants to be unless we offer the most money. He'd be my top receiver in FA for sure.

Robinson is by no means risk free.  He was great three years ago.  He was hurt last year. He was pure awful the year before that.  And how do I know he was awful two years ago?  I picked him for my FF team as my #1 wr and watched him drop everything in sight all season long and flat out dog it.

I'd far rather have Sammy watkins.

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Reports are that Robinson is looking for $10-12 million a year with $24-25 million guaranteed.

That’s not unreasonable at all for a 24 year old guy with his size and talent who already has a 1400 yard, 14 TD season on his resume with Blake Bortles throwing to him.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He didn't say Richardson was better then Robinson. He's definitely saying you'll get better production relative to the cost. Without knowing the price it's hard to say whether he's (or anyone's) right or wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Robinson is by no means risk free.  He was great three years ago.  He was hurt last year. He was pure awful the year before that.  And how do I know he was awful two years ago?  I picked him for my FF team as my #1 wr and watched him drop everything in sight all season long and flat out dog it.

I'd far rather have Sammy watkins.

I think the belief here is that having an inconsistent Bortles attempting to get him the ball hurt him. He appears to be a high reward player that would carry a high price tag of $10-12M but with the money we have it seems like a logical gamble to make because if it does work out then you have a good WR for a relatively low amount considering what the top WRs are commanding. I don't think it will be a deal that will hamstring us because I don't think we guarantee more than a year or two.

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think the belief here is that having an inconsistent Bortles attempting to get him the ball hurt him. He appears to be a high reward player that would carry a high price tag of $10-12M but with the money we have it seems like a logical gamble to make because if it does work out then you have a good WR for a relatively low amount considering what the top WRs are commanding. I don't think it will be a deal that will hamstring us because I don't think we guarantee more than a year or two.

Bortles was not good but Robinson really was awful, honestly, i watch as many games as i could plus lots of higlights that year,  He stunk and gave no effort.

We should go all in on Robinson as soon as FA begins. He should be our #1 priority now, as his signing is the bait for the big fish.

Then sign a center equally as fast and hope those additions + more $ being offered than Minmesota will get Cousins here.

Even if Cousins doesn’t pick the Jets, we fill two big spots for our (hopeful) rookie first rounder quarterback. 

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

We should go all in on Robinson as soon as FA begins. He should be our #1 priority now, as his signing is the bait for the big fish.

Then sign a center equally as fast and hope those additions + more $ being offered than Minmesota will get Cousins here.

Even if Cousins doesn’t pick the Jets, we fill two big spots for our (hopeful) rookie first rounder quarterback. 

Now you’re talking!! Allen Robinson is at the top of my FA wishlist.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Now you’re talking!! Allen Robinson is at the top of my FA wishlist.

He’s a beast and a true #1. Robinson and Anderson as 1 & 2, and if Enunwa heals up in the slot, Kearse as a trusted possession wr and we’d have a beastly receiving corps.

If we can hit on our fa targets, I don’t see a need for Cousins honestly. We’d be better off trading up for our guy. Just gotta make sure we get WR/C/CB/TE solved before the draft.

It's rare that a guy this young and talented hits FA.  

Obvi some questions around him but that is WHY he is available.

Now that cousins is prob going to Minny and just using us, the team with a ton of cap space, as leverage - Robinson is now definitely my #1 FA.

He is a top 6 WR potentially.  Sign Him. 

Archived