McShay Mock 3.0

prime21

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

^That’s good stuff. Third down completion percentage and completion percentage under pressure are the two big ones, and both of them are awful for Rosen and Allen. I knew Allen would be bad there, but the low Rosen numbers are surprising.

It was a good read.  My only fear with just a statistical analysis is it's lopsided because of competition/conference/system in college.  I wouldnt be shocked to see similar numbers as Mayfield from Rudolph or Shimonek/Grier and Hill to a lesser extent.

Also a couple of things stood out to me with Mayfield's #'s. Lots of 1st down throws, not a ton of 3rd down throws, very few attempts in the 4th and barely saw pressure and I wonder if that number is even accurate, dude had all day.

He ran that system like a G.  But he's limited IMO.  You know my take, I almost want him to just from a pure entertainment perspective but the thought of him and Todd Bowles together in a room discussing Football is terrifying.  Bowles will neuter him in the first meeting. 

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Completely agree. 

I actually think he'd have zero problems coming in and earning the spot right away.  I can't stress enough how well he tested and interviewed.

For the record, all three guys who have a pivotal role in picking the QB (Macc, Bowles, Bates) are big fans.

I dont believe it. 

14 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'd rather him over Darnold honestly. Gimme Rosen or Mayfield and i'm happy.

I'm ok with any of the 3, but I'm starting to personally prefer Mayfield over Sam, with Rosen as my #1 choice.

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

McShay is the worst in the business at this stuff. He vomits out more mock drafts in a day than that other guy on NFLN does the whole preseason. He makes Kiper look good.

I didn't know that was even possible. lol

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

But how do the jets feel and do they finally have the guts to trade up to get their guy?

Answered the first part in the post I quoted you in above.

From what I've heard, yes they're very much prepared to trade up.  Unfortunately, the only one that can truly answer that gut check question is Maccagnan.  Frankly, I don't care about what he says.  I care about what he does.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Answered the first part in the post I quoted you in above.

From what I've heard, yes they're very much prepared to trade up.  Unfortunately, the only one that can truly answer that gut check question is Maccagnan.  Frankly, I don't care about what he says.  I care about what he does.

I didn't see that before - thanks for pointing it out.  Again, i don't see mccagnan going for broke on allen, and he'd really have to be sold on mayfield to put his job on the line for a qb in the top 5 with his lack of height.  It's contrarian to what mccagnan seems to be about, but if darnold and Rosen go 1/2...

i've read that mccagnan has a good relationship with someone in the Indy front office, and i hope that's enough to move up to 3 when teams like Denver, buffalo, Miami  and Arizona come calling.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I didn't see that before - thanks for pointing it out.  Again, i don't see mccagnan going for broke on allen, and he'd really have to be sold on mayfield to put his job on the line for a qb in the top 5 with his lack of height.  It's contrarian to what mccagnan seems to be about, but darnold and Rosen go 1/2...

i've read that mccagnan has a good relationship with someone in the Indy front office, and i hope that's enough to move up to 3 when teams like Denver, buffalo, Miami  and Arizona come calling.  

Either one of Darnold or Rosen will be available at 3. No chance Barkley gets out if top 2. If he does, by some miracle, Colts stay at 3 and pick him. 

Then we have to hope the Browns will trade or we are taking 4th QB (probablys Allen) 

4 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Out of all the red flags out there, I would think that "fresh mouth" is the one most Owners/GM's can live with.

dude they literally black balled Kaepernick 

and if Rosen was his teammate he'd be front and center

9 hours ago, Jetscreen said:

Oh please Mac do not take Josh Allen. I don't want another project. Go for the safest bet among QB's. That's Baker Mayfield.

???

In what alternate universe does the guy who played in a pro-style offense, had exposure to NFL route concepts, called plays in a huddle, taken snaps from center and accustomed to taking 3-5-7 step drops the "project" while the guy who has done none of this the "safest bet"?

5 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Out of all the red flags out there, I would think that "fresh mouth" is the one most Owners/GM's can live with.

Rosen's fragility is what scares me (but not enough for me to pass on at #6)

Not worried about the owner or fans disliking him at all....his teammates disliking him (as they apparently did at UCLA) would be an issue.

11 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Rosen at 15?  Baker at 11? Just can't see it.

My QB rankings as of today:

1) Mayfield 

2) Allen 

3) Darnold 

4) Rosen 

5) Jackson

I think too many ppl here are gun-shy of high upside qbs with low college accuracy %.  I was the biggest anti-hack fan on the msg boards the year he came out. I knew he sucked. Knew it. Allen is not Hack...by a long shot. He has real potential. My two cents, fwiw.

I would only flip Darnold and Mayfield

To make a very long story short they're incredibly high on all of the top 4 with Rosen and Darnold at the very top, Mayfield and Allen just below, in that order.
However, Baker Mayfield is about to make our top 2 (Rosen, Darnold) a top 3 if he does well in the private meeting/workout we set up with him.  He was incredibly impressive when we met with him for over 4 hours at the Senior Bowl, and even more so at the Combine.  Football IQ is off the charts.  Allen isn't dumb by any means.  In fact, I heard he tested better than expected on the white board.  However, he's just a little behind the other 3 in that regard. Obviously, where he makes up for this is his measurables and his arm that no one else comes close to.

Don't do this to me Mogz, my heart can't take it. I'm getting way too excited for this draft and we all know what follows excitement as a Jets fan, disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Every one of these guys has challenges / flaws. There is no Peyton Manning in this draft. The real question is which of these talented guys has the type of issue that can be easily corrected at the next level. You can’t teach arm strength. And, if a guy had happy feet, poor judgment, and rushed his decision making in college I do not see that getting better at the NFL level where the game is much faster and decisions need to be made quicker.

Rosen seems the most Pro ready.

As much as I want to like Allen, I have concerns that the NFL will be too fast and complicated for him.

As much as I want to dislike Mayfield, I see a guy who has just about everything except some of the physical attributes of these other guys.

And Darnold, in five years I think he will turn out to be the best of the bunch. 

Deadspin has an article 

Josh Rosen is allowed to have opinions

I won't link it because, well, the content is basically all there in the title. 

it's true Rosen is allowed to have opinions.

The monopoly men who sign the checks want Tim Tebow opinions not Colin Kaep opinions, that's the bottom line. 

Every Jets fan reading this needs to prepare themselves for Rosen will be on the board at 6 and the Jets passing on this player. They won't be the only one.

Hopefully it's for another QB but that is also another likelihood they go for that guard or defense. Cause Mac. 

the draft is not 32 teams making smart decisions. I'm still salty this team passed on Jimmy G for Jace Amaro. TO give Geno Weaponz.

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Deadspin has an article 

Josh Rosen is allowed to have opinions

I won't link it because, well, the content is basically all there in the title. 

it's true Rosen is allowed to have opinions.

The monopoly men who sign the checks want Tim Tebow opinions not Colin Kaep opinions, that's the bottom line. 

Every Jets fan reading this needs to prepare themselves for Rosen will be on the board at 6 and the Jets passing on this player. They won't be the only one.

Hopefully it's for another QB but that is also another likelihood they go for that guard or defense. Cause Mac. 

the draft is not 32 teams making smart decisions. I'm still salty this team passed on Jimmy G for Jace Amaro. TO give Geno Weaponz.

If we don't sign Cousins at Rosen is there at #6, he will be the pick.  Chris is da man! 

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

dude they literally black balled Kaepernick 

and if Rosen was his teammate he'd be front and center

General rule of thumb: As long as you're not a bigot or a leftist anti-American, you're fine.

Rosen doesn't fall into either category. Kap does.

Just now, RichardTodd27 said:

General rule of thumb: As long as you're not a bigot or a leftist anti-American, you're fine.

Rosen doesn't fall into either category. Kap does.

Rosen has said extremely leftist things. Either you don't know Josh Rosen or you are giving him a pass (that he owners are not going to give him)

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Rosen has said extremely leftist things. Either you don't know Josh Rosen or you are giving him a pass (that he owners are not going to give him)

Like what? Vague sweeping statements that dont mean anything?

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Not worried about the owner or fans disliking him at all....his teammates disliking him (as they apparently did at UCLA) would be an issue.

There's been multiple teammates and coaches saying those things are all false. Even if they're lying just to not throw him totally under the bus, they're doing it really well and saying more then they would have to if they really didn't like him. So who knows. 

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This is a very real thing, and a huge red flag, IMO. I think back to the Miko Grimes rumor she dropped about the Raiders OL choosing to get Derek Carr killed because he wouldn’t support them kneeling. Whatever happened there, that team went right into the toilet. When you watched Rosen play, it was odd how much pressure he faced. Either he was making a bunch of bad adjustments at the line (doubtful) or there just wasn’t a particularly concerted effort to keep him from getting bludgeoned.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

There's been multiple teammates and coaches saying those things are all false. Even if they're lying just to not throw him totally under the bus, they're doing it really well and saying more then they would have to if they really didn't like him. So who knows. 

All that matters is if he can play or not.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I wouldn’t describe Rosen’s issues as being a leftist. He seems to be more of a potential locker room lawyer, which coaches ******* haaaaaate. Like Pete Kendall.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t describe Rosen’s issues as being a leftist. He seems to be more of a potential locker room lawyer, which coaches ******* haaaaaate. Like Pete Kendall.

I think the **** Trump! hat and poster are kind of leftist for a guy going to work for the Ambassador to the UK.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's also smart enough to realize that after another concussion it may be smart to retire. It's not like he's a poor kid who's only road to success is football. I'm not saying we should pass on him but it's a legit concern. Mayfield will try to hide concussions in an effort to play. 

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the **** Trump! hat and poster are kind of leftist for a guy going to work for the Ambassador to the UK.

If Rosen goes to the Dolphins at 7 because Maccagnan got a call from London and we draft a corner instead, I’m taking up arms against the Rust Belt.

Archived